Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryf

As u stated u have not not been much attention. If u want to purchase a signed copy of this 626 - u or anyone else are out of luck. :-( ( I call b.s. on the 626 Claim).

Good to see you no longer are rattling on about shaved slates, NDA's etc.

If Schmidt won't sell you a copy (signed or not), you aren't offering enough. As others have pointed out, he seems to be doing fine charging $50 a head for people to come and see his run, and from your own experience, selling DVD's would not be a wise business decision until he runs out of crowds.

I'll happily pay to watch his run along with his commentary. I might even pay your entrance fee if i get back to your neck of the woods.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Thanks for the idea , I think I will write a book.
No prob, let us all know if it is based off of fictional events or - fact based literature. As there are plenty of loose screw/yellow journalism types - rattling down the rode' tryin' to rewrite history books - for personal gain, they emit and or litter - their here say evidence - as if it were fact based journalism? U might be able to sell yer literature at one of the few obscure 626 theater shows, there will be plenty of easy $ at that venue. Once u attend one of their theatrical 626 showings - u will see them pull a rabbit out of their hat. I think it was Bullwinkle who said 'nuthin up the sleeve'. Will the honest, educated, human Hawks of truth buy yer undocumented truisms? I say it is very doubtful, u may find it borderline heavy readin' - but I am sure u'll enjoy the drama.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Bonus - guess what happens when a panther enters the ring against a Missouri Tiger? It's not a purty sight for the panther land critter. The end result is similar to a corrupt news reporter - trying to pass off a 'here say story' as fact based journalism - the truth eventually prevails. I am not into animal abuse or anything like that. I guess reading about the b.s. 626 claim - encouraged me to create my own fictional story. Oh no I am becoming like bca/j.s./ predcue co - I could be a spreader and not even know it. I guess I should trust the bca science of here say evidence - neuro thanks. Maybe j.s.,bca, and pred cueco thought ' hey they have been re writing the Bible for Hundreds of years, so we will re write 14.1 History - who cares? Well I and many others - do care.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bonus - guess what happens when a panther enters the ring against a Missouri Tiger? It's not a purty sight for the panther land critter. The end result is similar to a corrupt news reporter - trying to pass off a 'here say story' as fact based journalism - the truth eventually prevails. I am not into animal abuse or anything like that. I guess reading about the b.s. 626 claim - encouraged me to create my own fictional story. Oh no I am becoming like bca/j.s./ predcue co - I could be a spreader and not even know it. I guess I should trust the bca science of here say evidence - neuro thanks. Maybe j.s.,bca, and pred cueco thought ' hey they have been re writing the Bible for Hundreds of years, so we will re write 14.1 History - who cares? Well I and many others - do care.
Coo-coo cowboy.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ask for no quarter here and I give none. Three bans in about a one year span for my personal expression/opinion regarding 14.1 straight pool rules have not set well with the owner/moderator and it was suggested to me that I stop posting in the John Schmidt threads.
I have followed that moderator request and will post nothing further.
Thanks for playing.

You definitely won. Maybe.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I ask for no quarter here and I give none. Three bans in about a one year span for my personal expression/opinion regarding 14.1 straight pool rules have not set well with the owner/moderator and it was suggested to me that I stop posting in the John Schmidt threads.
I have followed that moderator request and will post nothing further.
I would say the system works but here you are

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in Willie's era they did not have the recording technology they in fact have today - these are the facts.

looks like they could record to me

That was done with film cameras.

When Mosconi ran the 526 he was traveling from city to city, room to oom. He wasn’t traveling with a cameraman, cables, and one of these in the trunk of his car.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• EDB8BD19-31C6-4BE0-9136-5D8FA094C57A.jpeg
    EDB8BD19-31C6-4BE0-9136-5D8FA094C57A.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 63

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
That was done with film cameras.

When Mosconi ran the 526 he was traveling from city to city, room to oom. He wasn’t traveling with a cameraman, cables, and one of these in the trunk of his car.

Lou Figueroa
But they could have selected a location that did have one of these bad boys on hand

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But they could have selected a location that did have one on hand

Why would he have done that?

Mosconi didn’t care about high runs and only did it the one night because the crowd urged him to continue.

He put his cue down after running over 600 unfinished with Charlie Ursitti watching and reputedly said: See, running 600 is no big deal.

Lou Figueroa

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member

Mosconi didn’t care about high runs and only did it the one night because the crowd urged him to continue.

He put his cue down after running over 600 unfinished with Charlie Ursitti watching and reputedly said: See, running 600 is no big deal.

Lou Figueroa

Seems like it's a big deal to some

Marketing opportunity missed by the mosconi team I think

If at any time you could have the most people interested in it would have been back then I think, they could sell that,
More than you could today.

I think,
Maybe

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like it's a big deal to some

Marketing opportunity missed by the mosconi team I think

If at any time you could have the most people interested in it would have been back then I think, they could sell that,
More than you could today.

I think,
Maybe

He was 15-time World Champion.

His matches/championships were covered on the front page of the NYTimes. But by the 50’s interest in the game had started to wane and didn’t resurge until “The Hustler” came out in the early 60’s.

I’m not so sure there was much to work with marketing-wise given the era.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW, since the topic is back up for discussion I’ll share something sent to me a few days ago.

A very well known, high speed Filipino player was told about JS’ run and this whole kurfuffle and said... wait a minute, I want to get this just right... here it is:

Schmidt why don’t he show video to everyone?

Frankly, I had to laugh.

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was 15-time World Champion.

His matches/championships were covered on the front page of the NYTimes. But by the 50’s interest in the game had started to wane snd didn’t resurge until “The Hustler” came out in the early 60’s.

I’m not so sure there was much to work with marketing-wise given the era.

Lou Figueroa
Huh? Brunswick pulled off a 50+ year move, crowning mosconi's 526 to have been the high run when it wasn't.

Sounds like a pretty good marketimg effort to me.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW, since the topic is back up for discussion I’ll share something sent to me a few days ago.

A very well known, high speed Filipino player was told about JS’ run and this whole kurfuffle and said... wait a minute, I want to get this just right... here it is:

Frankly, I had to laugh.

Lou Figueroa
I'd have to see that evidence and run it by my army buddy.

L.S. Dennis

I too remember Mosconi saying that his most proud accomplishment was to be a 15 time world champion during a period which you had to win grueling round robin formats, not like these 3 or 4 day tournaments of today.

The 526 was just a side bar thing to him that he had to play in dress shoes and a coat and tie, and unfamiliar conditions. This is to take nothing away from JS accomplishment truly remarkable in its own right.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huh? Brunswick pulled off a 50+ year move, crowning mosconi's 526 to have been the high run when it wasn't.

Sounds like a pretty good marketimg effort to me.

I’m not sure what you’re saying.

What’s the high run you’re alluding to?

Lou Figueroa

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
This is a 100% correct statement. It was 608. Mosconi also ran 586 without missing and quit and went to dinner. He was 66 years old when he did this in 1979 at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in NYC the day before he played Minnesota Fats on ABC wide world of sports

Status
Not open for further replies.