Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being puzzled about why people do what they do is understandable. I don't see how it leads to the accusations some are dreaming up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yes, all that’s true

I was only trying to address the part where you said: “here are just a few who really really really really wish he hadn't..”

As I said, most people,feel records are made to be broken.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Going from wondering why they cant have an unedited video to its a giant conspiracy involving some of the biggest names in the pool world is how small minded conspiracy theorist convince themselves they can understand the complicated world we live in.

I believe the number of people who have expressed that sentiment would boil down to: 1.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am hoping to get John to AZ to show it and also to watch it for myself. Plenty of credible people have seen it.

John Schmidt said this on FB a few hours ago and it makes sense.

"I don't understand why people think I didn't really do it.heck I ran 320, 395, 382,464 on live stream in bullshooters.im not the greatest player but I thought it's common knowledge that if the stars align and I get real lucky it is possible I run

I disagree.

I think some just wonder why, two years removed, unedited video of the run hasn’t been released. Ostensibly it was to monetize the recording and that’s totally reasonable. But still, two years later no video has been released and there have only been limited showings of an edited tape, a portion of which is always shown at 2x. So there hasn’t been much in the way of monetization.

Lastly, I believe most reasonable people believe records are made to be broken. Mosconi’s record has stood for a long time and I think given the right conditions and incentive it can be surpassed *and documented with a verifiable recording* by today’s high caliber ball strikers.

Lou Figueroa
That's what we need, truth.

And Danny being the first to the capture the flag would be a helluva way to start the game.

gerryf

I disagree.

I think some just wonder why, two years removed, unedited video of the run hasn’t been released. Ostensibly it was to monetize the recording and that’s totally reasonable. But still, two years later no video has been released and there have only been limited showings of an edited tape, a portion of which is always shown at 2x. So there hasn’t been much in the way of monetization.

Lastly, I believe most reasonable people believe records are made to be broken. Mosconi’s record has stood for a long time and I think given the right conditions and incentive it can be surpassed *and documented with a verifiable recording* by today’s high caliber ball strikers.

Lou Figueroa

How many videos did Danny Harriman sell of his high run? '

Danny Harriman on Mar 17 2007
It's nice to know that there is some interest in this project and thanks for the feedback, I am currently working on getting someone to help me edit the footage. Untill I here back from my computer whiz I will continue my effort on capturing a three hundred ball run on film. Wish me luck, I'll need it cause even though the table is not double shimmed it is a bit difficult to even draw whitey due to the wet environment.
Sincerely, Danny Harriman

From his comments, it sounds like Danny Harriman was selling a 'chopped-up video'? Did he make people sign a NDA?

Knowing how many people bought Danny's high run will tell you how much of a market there is. And i suspect Schmidt knows, and I think it's pretty reasonable to consider selling the video as the last possible resort. I like the idea of his 'evening with John Schmidt', and i will be paying to see that.

The small group that thinks Schmidt has to sell the video so 'people can view it at their home', are just grasping.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many videos did Danny Harriman sell of his high run? '

Danny Harriman on Mar 17 2007
It's nice to know that there is some interest in this project and thanks for the feedback, I am currently working on getting someone to help me edit the footage. Untill I here back from my computer whiz I will continue my effort on capturing a three hundred ball run on film. Wish me luck, I'll need it cause even though the table is not double shimmed it is a bit difficult to even draw whitey due to the wet environment.
Sincerely, Danny Harriman

From his comments, it sounds like Danny Harriman was selling a 'chopped-up video'? Did he make people sign a NDA?

Knowing how many people bought Danny's high run will tell you how much of a market there is. And i suspect Schmidt knows, and I think it's pretty reasonable to consider selling the video as the last possible resort. I like the idea of his 'evening with John Schmidt', and i will be paying to see that.

The small group that thinks Schmidt has to sell the video so 'people can view it at their home', are just grasping.

No, to the best of my recollection, having bought and viewed it, Danny’s was an unedited video.

And wanting to verify someone has broken a long standing world record is not “grasping” by any stretch.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I have a friend of mine watch John's show a few days ago and he didn't sign anything.
Maybe the NDA prevents them from disclosing that they signed an NDA. Maybe after the video was over over John took everyone out to his RV to show them alien remains from Area 51.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

gerryf

No, to the best of my recollection, having bought and viewed it, Danny’s was an unedited video.

And wanting to verify someone has broken a long standing world record is not “grasping” by any stretch.

Lou Figueroa

You say it looked like an unedited video, but Danny Harriman said high-run videos need to pass the 'graph test', and be looked at by Naval Intelligence.

Wanting to verify someone has broken a record is fine. But there's been lots of ridiculous accusations which seem to based on nothing but animosity towards John Schmidt, and for those accusations to be true would require large conspiracies between room owners, public figures, and well-regarded figures in the billiards community.

gerryf

I have a friend of mine watch John's show a few days ago and he didn't sign anything.
Yeah, Danny Harriman had suggested that people watching Schmidt's 'chopped-up' video had to sign an NDA. It took a number of comments from people who had seen the run to put that idea to rest. But for a while there, some people were hyperventilating that if viewers had to sign an NDA it must all be a hoax.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You say it looked like an unedited video, but Danny Harriman said high-run videos need to pass the 'graph test', and be looked at by Naval Intelligence.

Wanting to verify someone has broken a record is fine. But there's been lots of ridiculous accusations which seem to based on nothing but animosity towards John Schmidt, and for those accusations to be true would require large conspiracies between room owners, public figures, and well-regarded figures in the billiards community.

I’m not into conspiracy theories so I think you need to address all that with someone else, not me.

Lou Figueroa

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Where is the evidentiary evidence of Willie's record? John announced he was going after the record and set out to do it. Many, many many great runs with , to my knowledge, always people watching. All that has to happen is for the starter of this thread announce he is going after the record and do it the first time or the 110th time on video and conspiracy theories evaporate and you become the new record holder. Pretty simple--except for the doing.
Might want to add on that it would seem to be a bit complicated for them to produce unedited footage of their claim. Thousands of people have offered good $ for signed copy of this elusive 626 - to no avail. The only way for the bca/csi/pred cue/j.s./hollywood corrupt - is to remove their media stain on the public and actually provide unedited footage for sale to 'Open Public' and not just the 'Semi Public', seemed simple when I ran the 351 - the doing was not the easy part - but yea providing unedited evidence - was indeed simple for me. As it has been stated here many times on this thread - in Willie's era they did not have the recording technology they in fact have today - these are the facts. So ur argument here as to why they do not offer disc sales of their Claim - is weak at best. Willie's 526 in the the Smithsonian I hear, if u think they will put j.s's theater show in the Smithsonian - ur popcorn bucket has a whole in the bottom. I hope that is not over the top'.

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
in Willie's era they did not have the recording technology they in fact have today - these are the facts.

looks like they could record to me

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Long live the 626, I for one am glad the challenge is over , no one will ever match this amazing feat of billiard prowess and amazing determination. Willie was out there every night because he was getting a paycheck from it,
John did it just to prove to himself, and everyone else that he could, and at considerable cost to himself in time and money just to try to achieve it .
I think it is silly to expect him to to let people see it for free.
I think he should try to have a movie made about it.
Even I would pay to see that! Way to go John!
Ya u should write a book about it, do not try to pass it off as non fiction though. Maybe u should write a book about their theatrical attempt aimed at the attempted theft of the greatest American 14.1 Record - that WOULD be non fiction. Any questions?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Might want to add on that it would seem to be a bit complicated for them to produce unedited footage of their claim. Thousands of people have offered good $ for signed copy of this elusive 626 - to no avail. The only way for the bca/csi/pred cue/j.s./hollywood corrupt - is to remove their media stain on the public and actually provide unedited footage for sale to 'Open Public' and not just the 'Semi Public', seemed simple when I ran the 351 - the doing was not the easy part - but yea providing unedited evidence - was indeed simple for me. As it has been stated here many times on this thread - in Willie's era they did not have the recording technology they in fact have today - these are the facts. So ur argument here as to why they do not offer disc sales of their Claim - is weak at best. Willie's 526 in the the Smithsonian I hear, if u think they will put j.s's theater show in the Smithsonian - ur popcorn bucket has a whole in the bottom.
Years of bumming around the country for small crowds paying $50 each vs two trolls wanting to pay $69.95 for a personal signed copy. Even a pool player can solve that math problem.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Years of bumming around the country for small crowds paying $50 each vs two trolls wanting to pay $69.95 for a personal signed copy. Even a pool player can solve that math problem.

Actually, Alex...I'd like to spin again.

Is that an option?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Long live the 626, I for one am glad the challenge is over , no one will ever match this amazing feat of billiard prowess and amazing determination. Willie was out there every night because he was getting a paycheck from it,
John did it just to prove to himself, and everyone else that he could, and at considerable cost to himself in time and money just to try to achieve it .
I think it is silly to expect him to to let people see it for free.
I think he should try to have a movie made about it.
Even I would pay to see that! Way to go John!

Good luck with that.

Per some accounts, that table was immediately disassembled after the run.

Lou Figueroa
you might be able
to buy a framed square
of that cloth

I didn’t know anyone was disputing it. I also haven’t been paying much attention either. He ran 626 on video, then it was reviewed and confirmed a new world record by a committee or something, right? Why wouldn’t it be legit?
As u stated u have not not been paying much attention. If u want to purchase a signed copy of this 626 - u or anyone else are out of luck. :-( ( I call b.s. on the 626 Claim).

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
When I was young shaver I spent a ton of cash on a car stereo, the base speakers ended up loosening the bolts in my Caddy. The vehicle ended up rattling down the block and pestered along, I outgrew the rattle in motion - as it were not a smooth ride. It would seem a few media outlets have tried to add some new vibrations to Willie Mosconi's 65+ long standing 14.1 record, their speaker has caused some bad vibrations - :-o it's disruptive to natural a honest listening environment (noise ordinance). they do have a few screws loose - eventually their vehicle will lose traction and fall apart. I truly feel bad for the base' of the fake news industry, the beach boys = Good Vibrations - the 626 theater show = bad vibrations/fake news/ loose screws blown speakers'.

Last edited:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya u should write a book about it, do not try to pass it off as non fiction though. Maybe u should write a book about their theatrical attempt aimed at the attempted theft of the greatest American 14.1 Record - that WOULD be non fiction. Any questions?
Thanks for the idea , I think I will write a book.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Those are problems you have with music, cars, John Schmidt and reality. Leave the rest of us out of your personal problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.