Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Texas Carom Club

play 1cushion & balkline
Silver Member
No need to be condescending.

Many of us do know what we're talking about and even know far more than what has been discussed here. But since you want to play that card...

Lou Figueroa

That particular comment wasn't being condescending, I'm guilty of it of course,

But no, we don't know why, and has been said many a time

Danny Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I keep being reminded of the song from Devo 'Freedom Of Choice'. In the song's lyrics it says 'Freedom Of Choice - is what you want', then it says 'Freedom From Choice- is what you got'. With the bca/j.s 626 announcement it would make sense that 1st Option = 'The People' would like to have a CHOICE purchasing unedited footage (in disc format) 2nd Option = or go to one of their 'semi public' theatrical productions and view that material from a theater seat. Here is my sales pitch - and it is a good one. 'Freedom of Choice -is what you want' . Freedom FROM Choice - is what you got. Welcome to the fake news hollywood industry. There is zero 626 discs being sold - and or offered to the public - for purchase - yet Mosconi's run has been surpassed? As with unedited footage - in disc format - it has to be legit. The semi public and general public are one in the same - both would like the Freedom OF Choice - i.e theater seat or standard disc sales. in relation to how they choose to view this 626 footage. I too would have paid $100.00 for a disc of an unedited 626, after waiting two years to see any verifiable evidence in disc form - it's safe to say their claim is just that - a claim. No new record from schmidt - just a publicity stunt, trying to belittle Mosconi's long standing achievement. Wow the fake news crowders must have really been desperate to try and pull this stunt.

Last edited:

Danny Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
OK, Danny, that’s all fine with me.

But I will tell you that I just spent an hour talking to Bobby and his version of your interactions is quite different. In any case, we spent most of the time talking about the logistics of his project and I feel it will be a great opportunity for those players that are invited and choose to participate.

Lou Figueroa
I do wish whirld pro all the success with his deal in wash uh ton dc, I think he will provide more transparency with the adjudication details than the bca/j.s. has with their 626 claim. I really do hope they record some great runs, I am sure honesty will prevail and that any of the top runs will have quality video unimpeded and unedited footage. My favorite quote = ' With Great Power - Comes Great Responsibility', I see zero responsibility or accountability with their theatrical 626 production. I am sure there will be some responsibility with Chamberlain's 14.1 challenge - but bobbie should not have stated in this thread that he would play me in 14.1 - I assume he meant for the $. Some people just need to be a blowheart and sound importet' - while others really mean what they say - I am the ladder of the two.

Last edited:

Danny Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
My "premise" was simply that those well known pool players were going to the showing, in reply to you saying that no real 14.1 players would go to such a show. Everything else is what you read into it.

Pretty much, its understood that you wouldn't believe anyone having viewed it. I suspect that SVB, or Appleton, or anyone else would satisfy your conditions. So its all just a barkfest here in this thread.
Not sure what u meant with "you wouldn't believe anyone having viewed it'. I do know that it is a common sales tactic to use words like anyone or nobody - as if to try and isolate an opinion. That last part of yer sentence = having viewed it. No I have not viewed it and yes there does seem to be huge question marks all over the 626 claim - many other top players agree with my opinion. j.s/bca's phony 626 will fail the graph test - I would lay 2-1 that it would at this juncture.

Last edited:

Danny Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Danny would you take Nick Varner's word for it if he saw the unedited run and confirmed it?
I will accept the run - when I am able to view it in standard disc format i.e. at home. Would never call Nick a fibber but again - I would have paid good $ to see it in disc form - after two years of waiting to see verifiable evidence - i WILL NOT PAY FOR A SEAT AT THEIR THEATER SHOW.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will accept the run - when I am able to view it in standard disc format i.e. at home. Would never call Nick a fibber but again - I would have paid good $ to see it in disc form - after two years of waiting to see verifiable evidence - i WILL NOT PAY FOR A SEAT AT THEIR THEATER SHOW.
Now it is 2yrs.

Damn!

Danny Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Ha ha, you can bet the house if it was in his back yard and someone put up the $50 for him, he would not attend.
U are right about that - never liked theater shows much - after the invention of cell phones. But I - and many others would have paid good $ for a disc of this so called 626 run. I have my own $ and or I bet my own. I am holding my own - and the sum of yer's. If you have any other comments or questions I stand willing and able to help clarify my position to u - usedtobee.

Last edited:

gerryf

just a publicity stunt, trying to belittle Mosconi's long standing achievement. Wow the fake news crowders must have really been desperate to try and pull this stunt.

Ha! Ha!
Danny are you trying to pull off your own publicity stunt here?
You keep beating the same dead horse that you've been beating since Schmidt wowed the world of straight pool! You have repeatedly made up false stuff (NDA remember?), and you keep repeating it until your publicity stunt is exposed. Then you come up with a new one, until it too gets exposed.

Maybe some day you can set a record too! But right now, none of the prominent pool players that have viewed the video seem to be on Schmidt's side.

Do you remember this from when you ran 200_+?

Post by Danny Harriman, Mar 17 2007
It's nice to know that there is some interest in this project and thanks for the feedback, I am currently working on getting someone to help me edit the footage. Untill I here back from my computer whiz I will continue my effort on capturing a three hundred ball run on film. Wish me luck, I'll need it cause even though the table is not double shimmed it is a bit difficult to even draw whitey due to the wet environment.
Sincerely, Danny Harriman

Gee! it sounds like you were trying to foist a 'chopped up video'.

Ha! Ha! You're a lot of fun!!

Now you say you'd pay good money to see Schmidt's video 'at home'. There are posts on here where you say you have no interest in seeing the video - you just want US Naval Intelligence to analyze it.

Danny, you just keep providing so much entertainment. Ha! Ha! You're a good laugh!!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do wish whirld pro all the success with his deal in wash uh ton dc, I think he will provide more transparency with the adjudication details than the bca/j.s. has with their 626 claim. I really do hope they record some great runs, I am sure honesty will prevail and that any of the top runs will have quality video unimpeded and unedited footage. My favorite quote = ' With Great Power - Comes Great Responsibility', I see zero responsibility or accountability with their theatrical 626 production. I am sure there will be some responsibility with Chamberlain's 14.1 challenge - but bobbie should not have stated in this thread that he would play me in 14.1 - I assume he meant for the $. Some people just need to be a blowheart and sound importet' - while others really mean what they say - I am the ladder of the two.

Danny, the last thing I want to do is get in the middle between you and Bobby but my recollection of my conversation with him was that he had no problem playing you.

He said words to the effect that: he said he'd play and would play. And IMO, Bobby has the skill, the balls, and the money to do it. I'll leave it at that and let you work it out but please don't say he won't play and was just being a blowhard because that would not be untrue. I've seen Bobby play and he is the real deal and no joke.

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny, the last thing I want to do is get in the middle between you and Bobby but my recollection of my conversation with him was that he had no problem playing you.

He said words to the effect that: he said he'd play and would play. And IMO, Bobby has the skill, the balls, and the money to do it. I'll leave it at that and let you work it out but please don't say he won't play and was just being a blowhard because that would not be untrue. I've seen Bobby play and he is the real deal and no joke.

Lou Figueroa
I've seen a scared bobby before.

It wasn't a Chamberlain, I tell you that.

Danny Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
The only thing I do know is that railing about it as much as you have is not healthy (mentally). You and others are acting like Hillary supporters screaming at the sky for 4 years. You don't like it, film your own high run to top it.
Oh I already did, also it is for sale to the 'Open Public'. My 351 is unedited and will pass the graph test. Do not compare me to hillary for simply asking to see unedited video evidence - that is a no -no little tony. If u choose to be a tool of the fake newser's - that is on u. Do not mock others on this forum who are passionate about 14.1 - and are simply asking to see the so called 626 - in unedited disc form - u will make yerself look incredibly stupid (maybe not the first time 4 u on that).

Danny Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Sorry for going off topic. Was just curious what your high run is.

Anyways, I do not think that there are many people out there that would want to sit through, and watch a 626 ball run, so I assume that they are just looking for ways to market it best, so that they could get more sales, showing the run, by doubling, or tripling the speed of it. I like that idea, and I think it sounds cool.

I am sure they would offer the unedited version though, for those who would want to buy it.

I do not know John Schmidt, but he seems like a good and honest person. I do not see any reason why he would lie about the 626 run. It is not like there is much money in it for him to lie about something like that. If there were, then why not just say something like "I ran an 826", and then try to edit it all together.

I also do not see why any Billiard Association would watch the unedited run, and then lie to the public / the fans, saying that it was legit.

Just my opinion, but I think that if someone were to run a 1,000 balls tomorrow, it would not help pools popularity a single bit, nor would it help that person financially very much. For those reasons, why the need to lie about a 14.1 record breaking high run?
Two years after their announcement - still zero unedited footage available of this so called 626 claim. Are u 'still sure they will offer the unedited version though, for those who would want to buy it? Also I disagree with yer opinion that if a top 14.1 player achieved a 1000+ run and caught it on camera - that the player could not sell a ton of videos through Vimeo. So for any who choose to entertain the thought that a 1000 ball run video would not sell like a hotcakes in an unedited disc form yer wrong. In the last 15 years I have made a decent residual income from the 351 - I really did not even try to market it either. This is the longest running thread - directly related to 14.1 Pocket Billiards - in az history - so again yer "nobody really cares argument is uh little weak, I guess u did expand some effort though on trying to downplay a 65+ American Pocket Billiard record - congrats - u did not get too far - in the honesty dept. - just my opinion.

Danny Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
well there are four Pro spec Diamond tables here in Springfield, MO - he has been offered 2-1 on the money in a three hundred point set. I won't hold me breath waiting, I think he should - get instroke on those 5' 1'/2" pocket gaffed tables - then he can come to the Ozarks and play me some on the pro spec Diamond lol. If you think he will play - he will not. I originally was on his side - then he included my name with John - pounding his chest - saying he would play either one of us (grouping me in with that bum steer) that was his first mistake, so he gets a check delivered to him - from me - in the form of him getting 2-1 on the cash - in a large set of 14.1 - I have solid steak horse too. I really will play Bank, or 14.1 - I am a man of my word - not a b.s er at all Lou. In fact I might be one of the most straight forward people - in relation to my word being honest and or good. I am just saying if he wants to dance around and pound his chest - he will be forced to defend his statements about competing against me - real quick. I think he would be better off sticking to his 5 1/2" pocket challenge, that will be far more profitable business venture for him. He can get 2-1 on the $ here in Ozarks in a 300 point set on the Pro spec Daimond - no joke.

logical

apart of their 'semi public'
Silver Member
Sounds like DH is declaring that any record set at rancho world pro doesn't meet his criteria...at least we know up front instead of 687 posts into it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

9ballscorpion

Two years after their announcement - still zero unedited footage available of this so called 626 claim. Are u 'still sure they will offer the unedited version though, for those who would want to buy it? Also I disagree with yer opinion that if a top 14.1 player achieved a 1000+ run and caught it on camera - that the player could not sell a ton of videos through Vimeo. So for any who choose to entertain the thought that a 1000 ball run video would not sell like a hotcakes in an unedited disc form yer wrong. In the last 15 years I have made a decent residual income from the 351 - I really did not even try to market it either. This is the longest running thread - directly related to 14.1 Pocket Billiards - in az history - so again yer "nobody really cares argument is uh little weak, I guess u did expand some effort though on trying to downplay a 65+ American Pocket Billiard record - congrats - u did not get too far - in the honesty dept. - just my opinion.

How many die hard fans of 14.1 Pool are out there? I can only imagine that only die hard fans of the game would care to watch a 626 ball run of 14.1. I think it is a great game, but it is so boring to watch. I would much rather watch a good 1 Pocket match, which can also get pretty boring, then sit through a very long 14.1 high run. I think that watching 8 ball is the most interesting game to watch, and think that it would be much more interesting to watch a player break and run 30 racks of 8 ball.

So, for this reason, I personally do not understand why the 626 ball run is still not available to the public after 2 years. If I ran 626, breaking the world record, then I would want to put it out there for anyone who would be interested to see it. Maybe put it online, with a password required, and charge a $10 viewing fee, with unlimited views for life. Make it so that only 1 IP address can use that password, if something like that is possible, to avoid password sharing with others. He probably could have made some decent money off of the video over the last 2 years, sharing the video, for a small fee.

By the way, I have not read through these 154 pages, or whatever, but I assume that it is mostly just the regulars replying, with back and forth arguments.

When was the last time that 14.1 was really popular? The 60's? I assume that the popularity really died at around the same time that 9 ball started getting really popular in the early 80's(?), and even in the 60's, 14.1 was probably not nearly as popular as it was back in Ralph Greenleaf's prime.

Last edited: