RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ham.jpg

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's a reference to the movie Deliverance from 1972, one of the best movies ever. in it, the city boys on a canoe trip runs into appalachian locals, some of whom plays banjo and some of whom are into raping city boys

on a side note i played in a short-lived rock band called The Griner Brothers when i was young, also a reference to the appalachian locals in that movie:

Two of my favorite parts are when the lazy eye guy walks up and says... who’s pickin a banja here? While they are right in front of him. Lol
The other is when the guys cut in front of the brothers and make a wrong turn. While backing up they say,we’ll find it. One of the brothers says ain’t nothing but the biggest F$&@ing river in the state. I laugh every time!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member

Reminds me of the Golden Bear, Jack Nicklaus. When he blasted out of seven inches or so of water was when other pro's realized they would never do what he did! One of the big dicks at Entergy was playing in a pro-am when Jack was about a zillion years old. He was in a foursome with Jack and maybe Lee Trevino, two top pro's of yesteryear. The first three hit pretty decent off of the first tee, Jack put his ball down the center about a hundred yards past anyone else. That was when the executive realized he had set himself up for long humiliating day! I didn't watch golf normally but I would watch the bear sometimes.

Hu

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yogi is originally from an Italian area of St Louis called "The Hill". I knew a guy who grew up with Yogi. He went by Lefty - I never knew his real name. I knew him from a gym at the local rec center. One day we decided to play pool at the rec and I noticed he was playing right handed. I asked him about that and he said he did everything right handed except hit a baseball. When he was a kid he had trouble hitting and his Dad told him to try hitting left handed. When he came up to bat on the sandlot the kids in the field would yell "lefty" so they could shift. It stuck.

When you come to a fork in the road - take it.