CTE and a 2x1 Surface Explored

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When was the last time any of you guys played on a table that was not 2x1? When’s the last time you seen a table that was not 2x1
Please go back to the beginning of this thread and read the first post. It asks the question whether 2x1 really matters or not, and if not then why is it thought to be the backbone of the CTE system?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When was the last time any of you guys played on a table that was not 2x1? When’s the last time you seen a table that was not 2x1
i was at friends house last night
he is alittle eccentric
we did play some pool though......😂😂
sorry thor i couldnt help but try to inject alittle humor....carry on men
hexagon pool table.png
round pool table.png

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah.. it's a trick, a trap! They won't go into the lower corner pocket because you cut that side of the table off and those pockets are gone. Lol. Good one.
Now i'm curious. Would poololgy work as described in the book on an altered table. No adjustments or fudging

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Now i'm curious. Would poololgy work as described in the book on an altered table. No adjustments or fudging

Absolutely not, not without changing all numbers anyway. It would work on 1x1 table, which I have played on. It was fun, 4 corners and no side pockets.

Thinking about that table.... with the exception of banks that utilize a full table, it seems logical that cte users could use their system to pocket balls on that 1x1 table also.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Please go back to the beginning of this thread and read the first post. It asks the question whether 2x1 really matters or not, and if not then why is it thought to be the backbone of the CTE system?
Ask Stan directly. He made the statement. The rest of us don't really care because it works on the tables we play on.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask Stan directly. He made the statement. The rest of us don't really care because it works on the tables we play on.
This is your mantra. You don't care how it works all you know is you play better. At the same time you insist that everybody buys into a fanciful story about how it works and then you are upset when somebody challenges the unfounded tales.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cookie said in another thread:
How confusing is it. 3 of us have told you yes, you can use CTE to make balls in a pocket on a chopped off table. But CTE is not about that. CTE is about 6 known perceptions, 15-30-45, with an inside and outside sweep that lead to ALL SIX POCKETS. Breaking it down like you want to is not CTE in it's entirety.

Actually, mohrt's answer is not so conclusive. He's clearly not sure and keeps an open mind, which is refreshing.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cookie said in another thread:

Actually, mohrt's answer is not so conclusive. He's clearly not sure and keeps an open mind, which is refreshing.
I guess you should read Mohrt's reply again. It's a shame he doesn't actually have a cut off table. Any idea where we can find one?

CTE WILL NOT WORK IN IT'S ENTIRETY ON A CUT OFF TABLE. Time to move along.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess you should read Mohrt's reply again. It's a shame he doesn't actually have a cut off table. Any idea where we can find one?

CTE WILL NOT WORK IN IT'S ENTIRETY ON A CUT OFF TABLE. Time to move along.
Simple. Get a 2x3 and paint it green. Lay it on the table lengthwise and leave a pocket sized gap with the short rail to simulate a pocket. Cover the remaining portion of table with a sheet.

Mohrt still says that seeing the rails in 2x1 might be necessary even for non banked shots to work.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And i agree with Mohrt, seeing the rails in 2x1 might be necessary even for non banked shots to work.
You are funny. So if banked shots won't work and if it turns out that non banked shots don't work either then what does "CTE WILL NOT WORK IN IT'S ENTIRETY ON A CUT OFF TABLE." mean? Sounds like it won't work AT ALL.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are funny. So if banked shots won't work and if it turns out that non banked shots don't work either then what does "CTE WILL NOT WORK IN IT'S ENTIRETY ON A CUT OFF TABLE." mean? Sounds like it won't work AT ALL.
"CTE WILL NOT WORK IN IT'S ENTIRETY ON A CUT OFF TABLE." mean? It means exactly what i said when i posted it. From a normal ball position. On a normal table. There are 6 general CTE perceptions to use that track to pockets. ALL 6 WILL NOT TRACK TO POCKETS ON A CUT OFF TABLE, like they do on o normal table. That means CTE will not work in it's entirety. However for your cut off table you should still be able to use 2 of the 6 perceptions to make balls in the corner pockets.

You are trying to make something out of nothing and using a cut off table as your ammo, it's ridiculous.

TRY TO MAKE BALLS INSTEAD.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is my name, I was named after my father
Thor and his wife Sif were engaged in extremely rambunctious sex. Thor finishes, jumps up, pounds on his chest and bellows, "I'm THOR."

Quietly, Sif replies, "You think you're Thor, well, I'm so thor I couldn't touch this thing with a powder puff."