What is the most consecutive racks of 9 ball ever run?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
No it necessarily won't, but over time, you will play better, and you will string larger packages together! And here are some reasons why: it gives you a whole lot more time at the table, and way more opportunities to string a large package together on somebody under pressure (even if it's just like 40$ or 50$ game on a bar box), than say playing one night (or couple of nights) a week, and playing in your occasional weekend regional tourney! You got to be hungry, you got to get that seasoning, you got stay in action, and you got to put the hours in at the table or it will never happen.

Not even Champions take prop bets saying: "Give me 3 to 1 on the money that I run an 8 pack as soon as I get to the table?"

Rome wasn't built in day, neither is anyone's pool game, you got to put the time in at the table. The more time you put in at the table, and the more games you break, the more opportunities you have to string a package together.😎
Thats mostly a myth, practice, practice and more practice makes you a better player. Gambling only makes you a better player than the person you just beat, but not as good as your next opponent! Gambling against a better player, getting weight because you don't stand a chance even up, DON'T make you a better player!!!

9BallBanger

If you don't play better people, and see better people play, and analyze what they are doing, and emulate it; you might as well go ahead and sale your cues and pick up a new hobby

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If you don't play better people, and see better people play, and analyze what they are doing, and emulate it; you might as well go ahead and sale your cues and pick up a new hobby
You don't have that luxury in tournaments, its either do or die in every match, and a lot of times, you have no idea who you're playing, or how they really do play. Practice to the best of your abilities, then hope your skills get you past your next opponent, if not, then go back to practicing even more, and hope you improve!

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've heard that Earl Strickland once ran 11 racks in a tournament, and the guy who ran the tournament had guaranteed a million dollars to anyone who could run 10 racks. However, that's the most racks I've ever heard of being run. Has anyone run more?

Also, what about other pool games? It seems Arthur Cranfield ran 768 in straight pool, and many people have run 147 in snooker. What about consecutive racks of 8 ball, 10 ball, one pocket, bank pool, and :eek: 15 ball rotation? Oh, and the highest scoring inning in 3 cushion. I'd love to compile a list of records for other games besides straight pool, so what high runs do you guys know of?
I was the one that guaranteed the Million Dollar annuity and he got the money after a legal battle with the Lloyds. The documentary on this is at www.masteringpocketbilliards.com in case anyone has questions or doesn't understand what happened on that historic day.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
The record for racks ran happened in Ft. Worth Texas on a 8' table, 24 racks in a row, I know both players personally.

9BallBanger

The record for racks ran happened in Ft. Worth Texas on a 8' table, 24 racks in a row, I know both players personally.
Thanks for the input CJ. I heard there was a 20 plus package put together in Jacksonville, Florida one time in front of Diliberto and Mike Davis, on 9 a foot GC table, in the early 2000s, like 2002.

Last edited:

9BallBanger

I know on the bar table many people have ran more than 15. I witnessed Shannon D. run 18 consecutive at JOBs. About 4 years later Hennessee put together an 18 pack in the same venue. Opponents never striking the cue ball.

9BallBanger

By far, that 24 is the most I've ever heard of on a 4x8, probably because there's not as many pool halls Nationally that host 4x8 play, as in comparison to bar box and 9-foots. But still though, that's a 200 plus ball run in 9-ball🤣

9BallBanger

Hey CJ, also I'd like to give you a compliment, I watched that on the road episode with CJ Wiley on youtube about you playing Matlock on a bar-table with Wade Crane breaking for you. That was one of the best stories I have ever heard! Bravo! They way you told it was just excellent sir!

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats mostly a myth, practice, practice and more practice makes you a better player. Gambling only makes you a better player than the person you just beat, but not as good as your next opponent! Gambling against a better player, getting weight because you don't stand a chance even up, DON'T make you a better player!!!
This makes little to no sense. Practice doesn’t make you better? Seriously? And gambling doesn’t make you better? Matching up with a good player doesn’t make you better either? Hogwash. All of it.

Let me guess, the only way you can get better (in your eyes) is to play in some tournaments. It’s almost like you’re trying to sell the idea of a tournament to someone.
But seriously, even you can’t believe this bullshit, right?

I guess I’m one in a million in your eyes, because I learned one pocket by practicing and getting big spots from good players for $5 a game when I was 16 or 17. I’m still not very good but I bet I can beat you.

The finality of playing tournaments where if you lose you’re out is definitely an added pressure you don’t get from gambling, but it doesn’t add a single thing more to learning the game that you don’t already get from matching up.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
This makes little to no sense. Practice doesn’t make you better? Seriously? And gambling doesn’t make you better? Matching up with a good player doesn’t make you better either? Hogwash. All of it.

Let me guess, the only way you can get better (in your eyes) is to play in some tournaments. It’s almost like you’re trying to sell the idea of a tournament to someone.
But seriously, even you can’t believe this bullshit, right?

I guess I’m one in a million in your eyes, because I learned one pocket by practicing and getting big spots from good players for $5 a game when I was 16 or 17. I’m still not very good but I bet I can beat you.

The finality of playing tournaments where if you lose you’re out is definitely an added pressure you don’t get from gambling, but it doesn’t add a single thing more to learning the game that you don’t already get from matching up.
You just explained the mentality of most American pool players, which is why for the most part, they're losing out on almost all the top paying pool tournaments around the world, and why you'll never see another American player winning the US Open 9B event.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You just explained the mentality of most American pool players, which is why for the most part, they're losing out on almost all the top paying pool tournaments around the world, and why you'll never see another American player winning the US Open 9B event.
No sir. You are wrong on several accounts. You should stick to what you know. Whatever that is, because it ain't this.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think filler said in the WPM commentary that he made 24 racks in practice leading up to the world championship

realkingcobra

Silver Member
No sir. You are wrong on several accounts. You should stick to what you know. Whatever that is, because it ain't this.
Really? Do yourself a favor, look up how many American pool players have a Fargo rate higher than 800, then see how many there is from outside of the United States!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It it wasn't for SVB, the last American to win the US Open was John Schmidt back in 2006! I rest my case!!!

Sometimes

I've heard that Earl Strickland once ran 11 racks in a tournament, and the guy who ran the tournament had guaranteed a million dollars to anyone who could run 10 racks. However, that's the most racks I've ever heard of being run. Has anyone run more?

Also, what about other pool games? It seems Arthur Cranfield ran 768 in straight pool, and many people have run 147 in snooker. What about consecutive racks of 8 ball, 10 ball, one pocket, bank pool, and :eek: 15 ball rotation? Oh, and the highest scoring inning in 3 cushion. I'd love to compile a list of records for other games besides straight pool, so what high runs do you guys know of?
The company insuring the money initially refused to pay because the nine was made on the break. I think it was settled in the $200,000 range.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What’s the most unbelievable thing in this whole high package recurring theme is that anyone can even keep track. We have hundreds of people watching live streams and when there is a 4 pack, half the people will say it was a 3, and the other half a 5.
I frankly don’t believe these high number being accurate for the simple bookkeeping reason.

fillers 25 on a 9’ claimed a few posts above if true was probably the ghost with bih.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I ran three full racks of fifteen ball in a row. So I guess I hold the record for 15 ball at least until the next guy posts up better results.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really? Do yourself a favor, look up how many American pool players have a Fargo rate higher than 800, then see how many there is from outside of the United States!!!
I agree. American don’t practice as much as they rest of the world.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It it wasn't for SVB, the last American to win the US Open was John Schmidt back in 2006! I rest my case!!!
So you’re saying American players practice too much and therefor suck compared to the rest of the world? I’ve read somewhere that Filler practices like a mo’fo. Oh yeah, he says it in his IG how much he practices. Hours on end.
I applaud you for giving up so quickly. You’re not making much sense here.