What is the most consecutive racks of 9 ball ever run?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So you’re saying American players practice too much and therefor suck compared to the rest of the world? I’ve read somewhere that Filler practices like a mo’fo. Oh yeah, he says it in his IG how much he practices. Hours on end.
I applaud you for giving up so quickly. You’re not making much sense here.
You're showing your ignorance buddy! Most American pool players would rather gamble than practice, because the myth is gambling makes you a better player, not practicing!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So you’re saying American players practice too much and therefor suck compared to the rest of the world? I’ve read somewhere that Filler practices like a mo’fo. Oh yeah, he says it in his IG how much he practices. Hours on end.
I applaud you for giving up so quickly. You’re not making much sense here.
Ever watched SVB practice? Maybe that's why he has the highest Fargo rating in the world currently, because he DOES practice....A LOT!! What's STOPPING the rest of the American players from doing the same thing, gambling???!!!!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What’s the most unbelievable thing in this whole high package recurring theme is that anyone can even keep track. We have hundreds of people watching live streams and when there is a 4 pack, half the people will say it was a 3, and the other half a 5.
That's why you should rely on the wisdom of the crowd. That gives exactly the right average. ;)

And in the 1980s I heard of a bar player in LA doing a 30-pack. No, I don't know his name or the location. I wonder how well his opponent played. We do know that the opponent didn't miss a ball or a safe for 30 racks.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
The company insuring the money initially refused to pay because the nine was made on the break. I think it was settled in the $200,000 range.
Wrong on both accounts. We even made a documentary about this and people still spread misinformation. Earl Strickland ran 11 racks in a row, how many 9's he made on the break was never an issue and never brought up by the insurance company. The Million Dollar Challenge was $50,000 a year for 20 years, like they pay lottery winners. To get a cash amount it was $630,000 at the time and that's what Earl ended up getting, a cash settlement that was actually more than the $630,000, however, there were legal fees.....I also was reimbursed the $50,000 I paid Earl (in a separate lawsuit) and another $80,000 I paid out of my own pocket for legal expenses.

This is the most money anyone has ever won and the most racks ever ran in a professional tournament, I doubt if either of these records will ever be broken.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey CJ, also I'd like to give you a compliment, I watched that on the road episode with CJ Wiley on youtube about you playing Matlock on a bar-table with Wade Crane breaking for you. That was one of the best stories I have ever heard! Bravo! They way you told it was just excellent sir!
Thanks, I appreciate that!

One of my dear friends from my early years as a road player was there when I played Matlock, his name is Berle and he passed in a car accident over the weekend - a lot of players knew Berle, he was always creating action around Corbin KY......RIP Berle

DieselPete

Wrong on both accounts. We even made a documentary about this and people still spread misinformation. Earl Strickland ran 11 racks in a row, how many 9's he made on the break was never an issue and never brought up by the insurance company. The Million Dollar Challenge was $50,000 a year for 20 years, like they pay lottery winners. To get a cash amount it was $630,000 at the time and that's what Earl ended up getting, a cash settlement that was actually more than the $630,000, however, there were legal fees.....I also was reimbursed the $50,000 I paid Earl (in a separate lawsuit) and another $80,000 I paid out of my own pocket for legal expenses.

This is the most money anyone has ever won and the most racks ever ran in a professional tournament, I doubt if either of these records will ever be broken.
CJ, thanks for the information. I looked for the documentary on your site and can’t find it. It might be behind the paywall. Could you direct me?

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
CJ, thanks for the information. I looked for the documentary on your site and can’t find it. It might be behind the paywall. Could you direct me?
The Documentary is called 'The $1,000,000 Shot' at www.cjwiley.com there's 14+ hours of instructional videos and the Documentary.

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard that Earl Strickland once ran 11 racks in a tournament, and the guy who ran the tournament had guaranteed a million dollars to anyone who could run 10 racks. However, that's the most racks I've ever heard of being run. Has anyone run more?

Also, what about other pool games? It seems Arthur Cranfield ran 768 in straight pool, and many people have run 147 in snooker. What about consecutive racks of 8 ball, 10 ball, one pocket, bank pool, and :eek: 15 ball rotation? Oh, and the highest scoring inning in 3 cushion. I'd love to compile a list of records for other games besides straight pool, so what high runs do you guys know of?
Technically Earl didn't run 11, he had a couple 9 ball breaks so they tried not paying him to 🙄

9BallBanger

The record for racks ran happened in Ft. Worth Texas on a 8' table, 24 racks in a row, I know both players personally.
Hey CJ, also I'd like to give you a compliment, I watched that on the on the road episode on youtube about you playing Matlock on bar-table with Wade Crane breaking for you. That was one of the best stories I have ever heard! Bravo!
Thanks, I appreciate that!

One of my dear friends from my early years as a road player was there when I played Matlock, his name is Berle and he passed in a car accident over the weekend - a lot of players knew Berle, he was always creating action around Corbin KY......RIP Berle
I knew Berle Gabbard, from the KBC, Little Robbie's Uncle. That's terrible! First news I've heard of that!

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Technically Earl didn't run 11, he had a couple 9 ball breaks so they tried not paying him to 🙄
That's not true at all, there was never a mention in the lawsuit about any combinations and there were 5 huge boxes full of paperwork.....not any mention of disputing his 11 rack run.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey CJ, also I'd like to give you a compliment, I watched that on the on the road episode on youtube about you playing Matlock on bar-table with Wade Crane breaking for you. That was one of the best stories I have ever heard! Bravo!

I knew Berle Gabbard, from the KBC, Little Robbie's Uncle. That's terrible! First news I've heard of that!
Yes, Berle and I go way back to my teenage years. He steered me to many spots in Kentucky where I won over $30,000 in less than a month. He was an accomplished player too, and if there's ever a book about him it would be a great read!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
With the reputation of so many people being able to run so many rack in a row, that it's mind blowing, why is it, that the BEST players on the planet playing in the World Pool Masters event right now, in a race to 7, can't manage to run more than a 3 pack, or has someone finally done that yet? Didn't someone mention Joshua Filler just ran 25 racks in practice before this event? I would think with those abilities he'd have NO problem shutting out an opponent 7/0 with a 7 pack! So what's changed, no ball in hand to start with after the break?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the reputation of so many people being able to run so many rack in a row, that it's mind blowing, why is it, that the BEST players on the planet playing in the World Pool Masters event right now, in a race to 7, can't manage to run more than a 3 pack, or has someone finally done that yet? Didn't someone mention Joshua Filler just ran 25 racks in practice before this event? I would think with those abilities he'd have NO problem shutting out an opponent 7/0 with a 7 pack! So what's changed, no ball in hand to start with after the break?

kaci probably has the highest pack, but i don't know. filler isn't playing very well by his standards. that practice run was in 2018 before he won the world championship.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... why is it, that the BEST players on the planet playing in the World Pool Masters event right now, in a race to 7, can't manage to run more than a 3 pack, or has someone finally done that yet? ...
With just 2 matches to go, the high so far is 3, and just 2 of those.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
kaci probably has the highest pack, but i don't know. filler isn't playing very well by his standards. that practice run was in 2018 before he won the world championship.
But surely he should be able to manage a 5 pack, wouldn't you think? Yet, he hasn't, and neither has anyone else in this event. Makes me seriously question the validity of all those claims to 15+ racks ran in a row by so many claimed players!!!

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But surely he should be able to manage a 5 pack, wouldn't you think? Yet, he hasn't, and neither has anyone else in this event. Makes me seriously question the validity of all those claims to 15+ racks ran in a row by so many claimed players!!!
watch how table plays. like shit. rails sometimes kill english and cloth is slow. It and 4 inch pockets + pressure and lack of competition lately add up.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
watch how table plays. like shit. rails sometimes kill english and cloth is slow. It and 4 inch pockets + pressure and lack of competition lately add up.
If those were 4" pockets, they'd look like this corner pocket.

Attachments

• received_1229320247123298_1024x1024.jpeg
    received_1229320247123298_1024x1024.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 56