Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IKR

He could have run over a 1000 but he didnt want to. He stopped when he did so he could get home in time to catch Lawrence Welk.

lol, probably closer to the truth than some of the other speculative baloney being sliced up here.

Of course that would have just been on Saturdays. Sundays it would have been to get to his hotel in time to watch The Ed Sullivan Show and maybe Bonanza.

Lou Figueroa

Cuedup

His high run was before Bonanza came on the air, but yes, lots of woulda, coulda, mights have and probablys in all the speculation.

He did run 526. He was satisfied with that run and apparently didnt try to top it. Could he have? Maybe, but he didnt. That record stood for many decades which is a testament to its difficulty.
Now the record is 626. I doubt that record will stand nearly as long but time will tell.

Cuedup

No doubt.
But I figure when all the broke pool players see how rich and famous JS became when he broke the record many will set out to best it.

wait....

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I don't know. It takes a special kind of lunatic to even make the attempt.
But why not? After all, it should be easy...special cloth to make the balls spread out more, heaters under the table... supposed shaved slate...anyone should be able to run several hundred under such conditions ;)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou in DC?

I hope to buy him a beer and play him one set, loser has to stop posting in this thread.

Loser can post in the thread again ONLY if each post subsequently made in this thread begins with:
_____ beat me at pool.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou in DC?

I hope to buy him a beer and play him one set, loser has to stop posting in this thread.

Loser can post in the thread again ONLY if each post subsequently made in this thread begins with:
_____ beat me at pool.

Sorry, won't be packing a pool cue this trip.

Besides, if/when we play I'd rather just play you a set of 1pocket for cash : -)

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, won't be packing a pool cue this trip.

Besides, if/when we play I'd rather just play you a set of 1pocket for cash : -)

Lou Figueroa
I think bobby might have an extra cue or two. I can likely dig up 3 or 4 more at my house.

I can't play any damn 1p . I might be open to a 1p ball running challenge though. I gotta shoot at my pocket every couple turns or I might pay you to let me quit.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think bobby might have an extra cue or two. I can likely dig up 3 or 4 more at my house.

I can't play any damn 1p . I might be open to a 1p ball running challenge though. I gotta shoot at my pocket every couple turns or I might pay you to let me quit.

Well, I usually play with one of my two Ginas so maybe if you have one of those laying around.

Anywhos, if you don't know how to properly play 1pocket I'd be more than happy to give you a lesson. It won't take long.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Don't know -- the table is gone.

Lou Figueroa
Well it seems from all the chatter that the "world pro" has put up on this subject that the specifications are known so they should be able to be duplicated.

Just ask him to set one up for you.

Show us how a city champion does it. I looked at your belt buckle and it's neat but unfortunately it's not a state championship.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
These do.

Lou Figueroa
Wow, some amazingly well known top players you beat there? I bet that field was full of champions from all over the world, beating top pro Bruce Christensen must have felt amazing. I mean Bruce was a top pro right? Congratulations on your Montana state championship. I guess with the "stab John in the back" comments likely played out at this point now we are in the Lou's trip down memory lane portion where you post pics of your local tournament finishes that have nothing to do with the subject.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mosconi was a player rep for Brunswick and did hundreds of exhibitions on those tables. He toured with Greenleaf and later by himself for many years under the Brunswick contact.
The table was a Brunswick 8 footer.
He probably didn't see many of those while touring.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, some amazingly well known top players you beat there? I bet that field was full of champions from all over the world, beating top pro Bruce Christensen must have felt amazing. I mean Bruce was a top pro right? Congratulations on your Montana state championship. I guess with the "stab John in the back" comments likely played out at this point now we are in the Lou's trip down memory lane portion where you post pics of your local tournament finishes that have nothing to do with the subject.

Like I said, there were/are some really strong bar box players up there -- basically all they do all winter is play pool.

So it was like many other state championships, with all the local stars participating. Besides, the reason I brought it up was because you cared enough to repeatedly ask in the first place ;-) The other photos were just to corroborate. I think I also had a 5th and a 7th place finish two other years.

Sorry that doesn't say state champion on it but it's definitely a nice thing to have.

And since when have you ever cared about staying on topic, lmao.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well it seems from all the chatter that the "world pro" has put up on this subject that the specifications are known so they should be able to be duplicated.

Just ask him to set one up for you.

Show us how a city champion does it. I looked at your belt buckle and it's neat but unfortunately it's not a state championship.

The table is gone -- we'd just be guessing.

But hey, you're a 100 ball runner, or what -- it was 98, right? Why don't you get a table set up and run 200?

Or 196.

Lou Figueroa
can't believe I said
JB was a 100 ball runner
with a straight face, lol

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The table is gone -- we'd just be guessing.

But hey, you're a 100 ball runner, or what -- it was 98, right? Why don't you get a table set up and run 200?

Or 196.

Lou Figueroa
can't believe I said
JB was a 100 ball runner
with a straight face, lol
it was 98. I have no desire to run a hundred or two. My really competitive days are pretty much over and I am involved in promoting pool and developing players in ways that will benefit pool more than any jealousy-filled endeavor you are allowed to be a part of.

I am, however, in awe of John Schmidt's WORLD RECORD of 626. Unlike you who takes every opportunity to denigrate that accomplishment. All the while claiming that you and John are "good". So if your idea of being good with someone is to run them down every way that you think you can get away with I wonder what you would do to people you aren't good with them. I bet there is not any lie you wouldn't tell about someone you didn't like. Given that you have been caught fibbing in your stories in the past who knows what depths you would go to.

Have a good evening tiny town champ.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Like I said, there were/are some really strong bar box players up there -- basically all they do all winter is play pool.

So it was like many other state championships, with all the local stars participating. Besides, the reason I brought it up was because you cared enough to repeatedly ask in the first place ;-) The other photos were just to corroborate. I think I also had a 5th and a 7th place finish two other years.
Sorry but your "stories" have been debunked in the past so whatever embellishments you want to tell us about how "tough" your win was are not really registering.

And since when have you ever cared about staying on topic, lmao.

Lou Figueroa
I have stayed on topic this whole thread. You're the one who feels some need to prove that you are relevant by telling us you were a state champion in a small sparsely populated state to somehow justify your knocking of John Schmidt and his world record run of 626.

"look at me I won a barbox tournament in 1982......so therefore I am qualified to knock a genuine champion.........." that's how I see your comments.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The table was a Brunswick 8 footer.
He probably didn't see many of those while touring.
Actually he probably saw a lot of whatever Brunswick was selling. Some rooms had 8 ft tables and others had 9ft and some had oversized 8s. He most likely played on whatever the designated table was when he got there. Willie was on the road for Brunswick doing these exhibitions for a significant portion of the year according to the book The Hustler and the Champ by R.A. Dyer. And he didn't like it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually he probably saw a lot of whatever Brunswick was selling. Some rooms had 8 ft tables and others had 9ft and some had oversized 8s. He most likely played on whatever the designated table was when he got there. Willie was on the road for Brunswick doing these exhibitions for a significant portion of the year according to the book The Hustler and the Champ by R.A. Dyer. And he didn't like it.
Pretty well established that Mr. Mosconi became disenfranchised with being a Company Man.

Ive always thought it is a position most pool players would lean toward. After all, they ply pool coz they don't want to work!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it was 98. I have no desire to run a hundred or two. My really competitive days are pretty much over and I am involved in promoting pool and developing players in ways that will benefit pool more than any jealousy-filled endeavor you are allowed to be a part of.

I am, however, in awe of John Schmidt's WORLD RECORD of 626. Unlike you who takes every opportunity to denigrate that accomplishment. All the while claiming that you and John are "good". So if your idea of being good with someone is to run them down every way that you think you can get away with I wonder what you would do to people you aren't good with them. I bet there is not any lie you wouldn't tell about someone you didn't like. Given that you have been caught fibbing in your stories in the past who knows what depths you would go to.

Have a good evening tiny town champ.

You never ran 98 with your flying chicken wing stroke but whatever you can live with telling yourself, lol.

I am, however, also involved in a specific project to promote pool. Who knows. JS's record might get broken giving the best players on the planet the proper incentive. Supposedly JS broke Mosconi's record, though he's been shy about releasing unedited video to date and didn't make squadoush off it even after thousands of attempts.

So don't pat yourself on the back too much : -) Let's see what rolls out.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• JB - the Jumping Bean.jpg
    JB - the Jumping Bean.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.