Need help cleaning my balls

jshaw

Registered
I have Aramith and Chem Pak cleaner and both work well. Chem Pak leaves the balls more slippery, almost too much. After a couple racks they settle down though.

WoodyJ

Sacred Cow=Best Hamburger
Gold Member
Silver Member
I use this in my BallStar auto cleaner:

NOVUS PC-10 Plastic Clean & Shine - 8 Oz.​

I also use it to clean the rails on my gold crown table.

I have a bottle of the Novus #2 light scratch remover. Don't use it very much. Not needed for my pool balls.

However, Novus #2 and #3 have lots of uses for other things.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use this in my BallStar auto cleaner:

NOVUS PC-10 Plastic Clean & Shine - 8 Oz.​

I also use it to clean the rails on my gold crown table.

I have a bottle of the Novus #2 light scratch remover. Don't use it very much. Not needed for my pool balls.

However, Novus #2 and #3 have lots of uses for other things.
Doesn't anybody read anything before they post? Sorry, Woody. This is about the worst thing you can put on the balls, probably right up there with all the other non billiards products everybody is using. Please read my post earlier in this thread.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn't anybody read anything before they post? Sorry, Woody. This is about the worst thing you can put on the balls, probably right up there with all the other non billiards products everybody is using. Please read my post earlier in this thread.
And as of yet you haven't left a comment on why it's okay to use a product with wax and mineral abrasives....I.E. Aramith ball cleaner.

And like I said earlier, I cannot confirm nor deny that PlastX does or does not have wax in it. If it does, so what? So does the Aramith ball cleaner.

Look, I'm not arguing against Aramith ball cleaner. There are other suitable products to use on the market. And I'm telling you flat-out that PlastiX is one of them. Like I've said, I've had excellent results, and until you honestly try it for yourself, your opinion on it means nothing.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And as of yet you haven't left a comment on why it's okay to use a product with wax and mineral abrasives....I.E. Aramith ball cleaner.

And like I said earlier, I cannot confirm nor deny that Plastics does or does not have wax in it. If it does, so what? So does the Aramith ball cleaner.

Look, I'm not arguing against Aramith ball cleaner. There are other suitable products to use on the market. And I'm telling you flat-out that PlastiX is one of them. Like I've said, I've had excellent results, and until you honestly try it for yourself, your opinion on it means nothing.
The negative of your product is the rapidly changing playing characteristics that result from its use.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The negative of your product is the rapidly changing playing characteristics that result from its use.
And I suppose you've used PlastX before? Prove it! My experience using it proves otherwise.

Look, I've been using this stuff for a year-and-a-half. I've noticed no ill effects as as is described by using other products. And neither has anyone else that's been playing with the balls I've cleaned.

Even dr. Dave only tried one Automotive product... That was Turtle Wax. All I'm asking is you try the PlastX before you comment on it. Saying one Automotive product you have tried makes them all bad is lacking thought process in my book.

Last edited:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay, I'm going to do my own Dr. Dave test when I get time. My results will differ a little from his simply because I don't have a 9 foot table. So obviously my throw is going to be less than his. But I can compare cleaning the balls with acetone, and using the PlastX. And you know what? I'm going to go buy a small bottle of the Aramith cleaner just to compare it to.

Dr. Dave, if you were reading this, can you tell me how far are the balls were away from the foot rail in inches please? I don't remember you saying in the video.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay, I'm going to do my own Dr. Dave test when I get time. My results will differ a little from his simply because I don't have a 9 foot table. So obviously my throw is going to be less than his. But I can compare cleaning the balls with acetone, and using the PlastX. And you know what? I'm going to go buy a small bottle of the Aramith cleaner just to compare it to.

Dr. Dave, if you were reading this, can you tell me how far are the balls were away from the foot rail in inches please? I don't remember you saying in the video.
Acetone?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Links to the good Dr.'s efforts have been posted many times...as links to his website.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Links to the good Dr.'s efforts have been posted many times...as links to his website.
And I've probably seen them all over the years. I spent a lot of time on his site. But not once did he ever mention PlastX. Unless I missed it.

If he proves me wrong, then I'll retract everything I've said. I would like to see him test the PlastX.

Update.... I just ordered the Aramith Cleaner and the Restorer. It may take a week or two, but I will video my results and post here.

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
It seems that there are people out there who like to argue just for the sake of arguing. I don't understand why some people will go to such great lengths to avoid using products endorsed by the products manufacturer. I highly doubt that Aramith is getting rich with the sale of their ball cleaner and restorer. When I spend $400 on a set of new pool balls I am not going to experiment on them to save $4, I would experiment on someone else' maybe but not mine.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems that there are people out there who like to argue just for the sake of arguing. I don't understand why some people will go to such great lengths to avoid using products endorsed by the products manufacturer. I highly doubt that Aramith is getting rich with the sale of their ball cleaner and restorer. When I spend $400 on a set of new pool balls I am not going to experiment on them to save $4, I would experiment on someone else' maybe but not mine.
Only reason i mention Brillianize is i've seen it in use. Me and a buddy made a polisher based on a YT video. Entire thing cost around $40bux. He had Brillianize that he used on other plastics and so we tried it. Balls come out like new. Granted, they weren't really grungy to start so i can't say how it would work on really dirty balls. Can't see any difference in how they play after using the B'nize. Throw/spin seems the same to me. I guess we need to get some AramithCleaner and do a A/B comparison.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And if you read post #3, I already said that.

And Ford recommends you use Ford oil and filters in their vehicles. How many really do? Argue? All I did was recommend an alternative that works. And the negative feedback comes from those that have never tried it.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I uploaded the msds on post 22, it did not show that. The msds on Amazon sure does though. I'm ordered the Aramith cleaner and the Restorer. Going to do a Dr Dave test along with the PlastX.
Screenshot_20210809-125912_Drive.jpg