Surprise surprise about about Pool in MSM.👍

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Actually Florian is the most sponsored player in all of pool. I think he has around 7. Most of our top players have sponsors, either cue sponsors or other. I personally have 5 sponsors including a cue sponsor. ;););)
Any of them sponsors paying you a 6 figure income???? Or are they just paying you for advertising??

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You must not read very often. My biggest complaint about Arizona (where I live) is that nearly EVERY tournament has fargo caps. So I don't think I'm oblivious to that. Our "Champions leagues" out here let anyone play. The competition is pretty stiff. What's your fargo? If you don't have one, can take a guess? I believe you'd be eaten alive playing in the league out here.
Why would I go back to playing pool , I make more money working on pool tables than 99% of all the pool players out there today!!

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any of them sponsors paying you a 6 figure income???? Or are they just paying you for advertising??
Everyone's deals are different. Its not your business, nor anyone else's, to know what I get from my sponsors. Or what anyone else gets. I will say that I make a good amount. You brought up the 6 figure income number. I doubt anyone gets that.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Everyone's deals are different. Its not your business, nor anyone else's, to know what I get from my sponsors. Or what anyone else gets. I will say that I make a good amount. You brought up the 6 figure income number. I doubt anyone gets that.
Wrong!

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
So, about them rails?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
There's a big difference between getting paid to use a sponsors product, and being PAID to use the product!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So, about them rails?

How can you ask me about those rails if YOU don't know about them?

SlateMan

Registered
Why would I go back to playing pool , I make more money working on pool tables than 99% of all the pool players out there today!!
Just to be fair, the last part of your statement is a pretty low bar. A kid flipping burgers for $15 an hour is probably doing better than a LOT of the people struggling to make it as a pro in this sport. Sure the top is paid pretty well but from there it drops pretty low. Especially for the local guys trying to grind their way in this sport. $15 bucks an hour with some overtime and benefits included and your close to $35,000 a year.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Just to be fair, the last part of your statement is a pretty low bar. A kid flipping burgers for $15 an hour is probably doing better than a LOT of the people struggling to make it as a pro in this sport. Sure the top is paid pretty well but from there it drops pretty low. Especially for the local guys trying to grind their way in this sport. $15 bucks an hour with some overtime and benefits included and your close to $35,000 a year.
I said 99% of the Pro players, not the middle of the road players.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Your number of 35k is high, 30k is $15.00/hr.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
$15 HR at 40 hours a week times 52 weeks is $31200. That's before benefits .

Well I was think of two weeks vacation, some place do not offer paid vacation.

Friend is changing jobs, he had vacation on books. He gets zero. Small company. Nothing in writing, so he is sol.🙁

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well I was think of two weeks vacation, some place do not offer paid vacation.

Friend is changing jobs, he had vacation on books. He gets zero. Small company. Nothing in writing, so he is sol.🙁
See how specific you guys are😅just so I can confuse you both, I average over $75 an hour!!

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
WOW! A five figure income... Impressive. No one is asking you to go back to pool. In fact, I'll go ahead and politely request that you never go back.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
See how specific you guys are😅just so I can confuse you both, I average over $75 an hour!!
Cool, what do you do with the other 22 hours of your day?

EDIT: I think I figured it out:

4 hours sleep
4 hours day dream about pizza strategies
14 hours trying to convince people you're a genius who don't respect you, don't care about your ideas, and don't believe you.

CLose?

BTW, good job completely changing the conversation away from the original post AGAIN! It's all about you, buddy.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
We are not pathetic as we’re were talking fast food worker who makes $15.00. Bad news is it cost employer with taxes, social security, works comp, I would think close to $20.00 to have fast food person on payroll.

Lucky you get or make $75.00/hr. Pay your own social security, taxes, medical, tools, equipment, vechicle, insurance, etc. Self employment is great, but when you take a break, get hurt, have time off. It’s in your dime.

Good friend is retired Deputy Sheiff from Central CA Department. His pension is over 100k per year, has been retired 20 years.

Self employment might not be so attractive, when you crunch numbers.💡

SlateMan

Registered
Your number of 35k is high, 30k is $15.00/hr.
Yes. The benefits add up. You throw in what the employer pays for taxes that pool players would have to pay. Then add in health insurance, and a retirement package, often meal discounts or free meals. With a bit of overtime, my estimate is probably low.