For format of the CSI ten-ball was complete rubbish.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The people who show up to play in rubbish is nuts.

If you wears size 10.5 shoe why buy a Size 9 on sale, makes no sense.

If you hate an event contact promoter via diplomatic email tell them why you did not participate.

If they are smart they might read & listen.
What happened to live and let live? If you, or anyone else here didnt like it, fine... dont watch it. How many complaints did we hear from the guys that actually played In It? I haven't heard of any as of yet. Only the regular whiners here that think everyone needs to conform to their personal perception. I, and many others here, liked it. It was fresh....non conforming...interesting.

Here would be another thing for the pros to do... a US Amateurs format... play both 8 ball and 9 ball. You all know the format.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
What happened to live and let live? If you, or anyone else here didnt like it, fine... dont watch it. How many complaints did we hear from the guys that actually played In It? I haven't heard of any as of yet. Only the regular whiners here that think everyone needs to conform to their personal perception. I, and many others here, liked it. It was fresh....non conforming...interesting.

Here would be another thing for the pros to do... a US Amateurs format... play both 8 ball and 9 ball. You all know the format.

I just do not participate in things I do not like. Sending feedback is not a crime. Like I said just be diplomatic.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
The problem with it was showcased with Shane... One skid (yes, Shane's ball DID skid) and you're out.

Jaden
Poor Shane will have to dry his eyes and pull up his underoos, pool can be a cruel mistress to us all when the cheese is on the line. Maybe he should have hit it in a way to minimize skid. I know I'm not making excuses for my misses and I seriously doubt he is either. Something tells me mister VB is madly studying skids and how to minimize them at this moment. That's what winners do, they don't blame the format, they improve so it's never an issue again.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Poor Shane will have to dry his eyes and pull up his underoos, pool can be a cruel mistress to us all when the cheese is on the line. Maybe he should have hit it in a way to minimize skid. I know I'm not making excuses for my misses and I seriously doubt he is either. Something tells me mister VB is madly studying skids and how to minimize them at this moment. That's what winners do, they don't blame the format, they improve so it's never an issue again.
LOL. What a little bitch, passive aggressive reaction... Trying to get a better format, is not WHINING. The format I suggested is better in practically EVERY way except allotted time and even there it's not impassibly worse.

Jaden

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
LOL. What a bitch... Trying to get a better format, is not WHINING. The format I suggested is better in practically EVERY way except allotted time.

Jaden
Did I say you where whining? I said WINNERS win, not blame the format. I said nothing about the format you suggested, I didn't even read it. I said, winners win, and when they lose, they get their asses to work so they won't be on the wrong side again anytime soon. I'm not arguing with you, simply saying that only losers blame the format instead of figuring out how to best said format.

I promise deep down SVB knows it was his actions that caused a miss, not a skid. You can minimize the effects of skid and he didn't. No one to blame but yourself unless you believe in luck, in that case you should take up coin flipping.

This is also why the shootout is exciting, it's you against the table with no excuses. Hit ball good or lose.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Did I say you where whining? I said WINNERS win, not blame the format. I said nothing about the format you suggested, I didn't even read it. I said, winners win, and when they lose, they get their asses to work so they won't be on the wrong side again anytime soon. I'm not arguing with you, simply saying that only losers blame the format instead of figuring out how to best said format.

I promise deep down SVB knows it was his actions that caused a miss, not a skid. You can minimize the effects of skid and he didn't. No one to blame but yourself unless you believe in luck, in that case you should take up coin flipping.

This is also why the shootout is exciting, it's you against the table with no excuses. Hit ball good or lose.
I'd agree except that it wasn't the spot shot championship, it was the las vegas 10 ball open. It should be 10 ball that determines the winner in a 10 ball open, not a spot shot.

Jaden

p.s. you should go back and read the format that I suggested.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just do not participate in things I do not like. Sending feedback is not a crime. Like I said just be diplomatic.
Never said you had to. But what you are saying is no one else should enter "rubbish" tournaments and players should boycott it.
I'd agree except that it wasn't the spot shot championship, it was the las vegas 10 ball open. It should be 10 ball that determines the winner in a 10 ball open, not a spot shot.

Jaden

p.s. you should go back and read the format that I suggested.
LOL. What a little bitch, passive aggressive reaction... Trying to get a better format, is not WHINING. The format I suggested is better in practically EVERY way except allotted time and even there it's not impassibly worse.

Jaden
Your format? Here's what you should do.... Promote and fund your own tournament. Put you time and money where your mouth is. And right now, I would say it's up your arse with the rest of your head. Otherwise, live and let live (and yea.... I'm going to keep saying that).

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well like I said it comes down to personal choice.

If you do not like format, why go play in something you dislike.

Would be like going many times to same place to eat with bad food, and bad service.

Me I would got to place that had good food, consistency, good service, clean, and fair prices.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well like I said it comes down to personal choice.

If you do not like format, why go play in something you dislike.

Would be like going many times to same place to eat with bad food, and bad service.

Me I would got to place that had good food, consistency, good service, clean, and fair prices.
Agreed. But have you heard any complaints from anyone that ACTUALLY participated in the event? I haven't yet.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Never said you had to. But what you are saying is no one else should enter "rubbish" tournaments and players should boycott it.

Your format? Here's what you should do.... Promote and fund your own tournament. Put you time and money where your mouth is. And right now, I would say it's up your arse with the rest of your head. Otherwise, live and let live (and yea.... I'm going to keep saying that).
And I might well do that; however, until then I have every right to say whatever the $%ck I want to about whatever the #$ck I want. Stick that in your piece of crap pipe and smoke it.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Agreed. But have you heard any complaints from anyone that ACTUALLY participated in the event? I haven't yet.
Oh yeah, with the way corey was treated for making a suggestion, I wonder why pros aren't coming out of the woodwork to make suggestions on improving formats...lol What a maroon...

Jaden

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I might well do that; however, until then I have every right to say whatever the $%ck I want to about whatever the #$ck I want. Stick that in your piece of crap pipe and smoke it.

Jaden
Touché. Ooo! Ouch! I am skewered by the sharpness of your sanctimonious witticism.
Oh yeah, with the way corey was treated for making a suggestion, I wonder why pros aren't coming out of the woodwork to make suggestions on improving formats...lol What a maroon...

Jaden
Most of the crap he took was from people on here.... and some on Facebook. I'm sure it has had a detrimental effect on his life! 😏

realtor1618

Registered
Are any of them PRO/AM events based on entry fees, who ever pays first, plays first??
Are any of them PRO/AM events based on entry fees, who ever pays first, plays first??
I wasn’t talking about pro/am events. I was talking about amateurs playing in professional events Which they do in golf and bowling. There isn’t any pro/am at a Major tournament in golf. Phil Mickelson was as an amateur when he won his first tournament and an amateur bowler won $270,000 in a professional event just a couple of years ago.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I wasn’t talking about pro/am events. I was talking about amateurs playing in professional events Which they do in golf and bowling. There isn’t any pro/am at a Major tournament in golf. Phil Mickelson was as an amateur when he won his first tournament and an amateur bowler won $270,000 in a professional event just a couple of years ago.
Ok, then please identify the PRO only events the amateurs do NOT play in? And don't point out INVITED Pro events, not the same thing.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
W
What you're failing to understand is that ALL pool tournaments, unless specialized, are Pro/Am events because the amateurs entry fee money is needed to build up the prize fund. There are NO Professional only events that the AMATEURS don't play in. Get the picture now?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, then please identify the PRO only events the amateurs do NOT play in? And don't point out INVITED Pro events, not the same thing.
What are you smoking man? Look no further than the WPA World 10 ball championship starting TODAY. For 20 years you've been saying the same stuff, and nothing has ever come of it. Put up or shut up.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What are you smoking man? Look no further than the WPA World 10 ball championship starting TODAY. For 20 years you've been saying the same stuff, and nothing has ever come of it. Put up or shut up.
What are the required qualifications to play in it? Do you even frigging know???

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the required qualifications to play in it? Do you even frigging know???
You have to meet the WPA invitation criteria. Which is based on federation rankings. Yes, I do know. And if I'm confused, I can find it. You're whole "point" is you want a true professional tourmanet, with no amateurs in it. Well, this 64 man field is it. No amateurs in it. All players are chosen based on federation ranking points. So this is what you want, right? Now, what are you going to do with it? Talk another 20 years about it?