For format of the CSI ten-ball was complete rubbish.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
People have been bitching about there not being an organized pro tour, and now that there's at least an organized pro series, people want to bitch about the format.

But then again, pool players are always going to bitch about something...race length, winner break, alternate break, template rack, triangle rack, 1 on spot, 9 on spot, jump cues, no jump cues, pocket size, table type, payouts, pay per view, free stream..... Did I leave anything out?

And y'all wonder why US Pro pool stinks.
There is NO Pro tour if the events include amateurs, let's be clear about that!

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There will NEVER be a consensus among pool players about anything. That's why there is a variety. Something for everyone. Live and let live

Yes.

I thought the format was ok and I appreciate the time, effort and money it took to hold the event.

The shorter match format built a little drama and made it possible for people who are busy to watch a few matches here and there start to finish.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
There will NEVER be a consensus among pool players about anything. That's why there is a variety. Something for everyone. Live and let live
When there's organization and leadership, and sponsors on board, ALL the Pros will finally have SOMETHING to agree with!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes.

I thought the format was ok and I appreciate the time, effort and money it took to hold the event.

The shorter match format built a little drama and made it possible for people who are busy to watch a few matches here and there start to finish.
No one will miss out on a match worth watching when ALL MATCHES WORTH WATCHING are available to be watched by Video on demand, a subscription based streaming platform for $5.99 a month. All matches available to be viewed 24/7 365!

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one will miss out on a match worth watching when ALL MATCHES WORTH WATCHING are available to be watched by Video on demand, a subscription based streaming platform for $5.99 a month. All matches available to be viewed 24/7 365!
Most, if not all, of this event’s streamed matches are available for free on YouTube. Charging people to watch matches will work for the diehards but you’re not going to get any casual fans watching.

Best of 3 sets... Race to 3 each set... Lag for break then alternate break throughout the match (kinda like tennis)... 15 games max per match... Maybe a few other rule tweaks, but seems enough to determine who's shooting best that day...

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When there's organization and leadership, and sponsors on board, ALL the Pros will finally have SOMETHING to agree with!!
As long as it has variety. Making something monotonous and unchanging will cause a loss of interest. For instance I dont want to watch ALL 9 ball or ALL 10 ball etc. I would like to see more 8 ball then currently played.

This has been discussed, and poo poo"ed on, but I like the shorter races of the Mosconi Cuo. Along with the shot clock, it makes things interesting. For variety, why not a Mosconi cup playing 10 ball? Or longer races with a winner breaks format. Mix it up a bit.

Also there needs to be pros playing in smaller areas again. The Glass City Open in Toledo needs to be resurrected. There hasn't been a pro tournament in my area for many years. Something where you can drive to for a few hours and go home. I would like to go to the DCC, but the drive, time off of work, hotel, food.... to much for me.

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
As long as it has variety. Making something monotonous and unchanging will cause a loss of interest. For instance I dont want to watch ALL 9 ball or ALL 10 ball etc. I would like to see more 8 ball then currently played.

This has been discussed, and poo poo"ed on, but I like the shorter races of the Mosconi Cuo. Along with the shot clock, it makes things interesting. For variety, why not a Mosconi cup playing 10 ball? Or longer races with a winner breaks format. Mix it up a bit.

Also there needs to be pros playing in smaller areas again. The Glass City Open in Toledo needs to be resurrected. There hasn't been a pro tournament in my area for many years. Something where you can drive to for a few hours and go home. I would like to go to the DCC, but the drive, time off of work, hotel, food.... to much for me.
Personally I think the future of pro pool lies in a mosconi cup type team format. Bonus ball had the format right, but the wrong game. You don't try to kick start a fledgling sport with something completely antithetical to what everyone knows of as pool.

The problem is money. We don't have the money to institute a pro tour based on anything but donations from amateurs right now.

It's a problem of cart before the horse. Can't get the sponsorship dollars without proving a viable format. Can't prove a viable format without sponsorship dollars.

Jaden

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
No one paid anything to watch this event and that's exactly how much it was worth! I'd like to give this format a catchy name that will help it grow in popularity. How about we call it Cornhole Pool. That should work! :p

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not in favor of spot shots determining a match, but it must be said that they aren’t easy shots- especially as it seemed to me that they had to move back a diamond starting on the 5th shot- I’m amazed Chang and grabe made so many in a row

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Most, if not all, of this event’s streamed matches are available for free on YouTube. Charging people to watch matches will work for the diehards but you’re not going to get any casual fans watching.
What, all the matches streamed from ONE pool table? And full matches, not edited down?

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes...for me sitting down to watch pool online is usually a "oh this is on now and it looks good...I will watch for a while."

I would NEVER plan my weekend around watching an extended event online. Not that in to it and I have other things to do.. + Girlfriend.

WTD14

Registered
No one paid anything to watch this event and that's exactly how much it was worth! I'd like to give this format a catchy name that will help it grow in popularity. How about we call it Cornhole Pool. That should work! :p

Agreed. This was unwatchable for me, Jay.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes...for me sitting down to watch pool online is usually a "oh this is on now and it looks good...I will watch for a while."

I would NEVER plan my weekend around watching an extended event online. Not that in to it and I have other things to do.. + Girlfriend.
But on demand, that weekend event will be available to watch when YOU want to watch it, ANYTIME you want to watch it, NOT just on the weekend!