J. Shaw's wife...................

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Your party.

It's devolving on Shaw's FB rapidly....better call Mr. Zuckerberg.

And what jumped out at me multiple times when cutting back all of that crap was that even when you would make a post that was well thought out and just included facts, you couldn't help but end it with a snide insult towards whoever you were replying to. Those messages get deleted too.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Best wishes for a quick recovery.

The whole thing seems to have been handled fairly poorly, IMO. Someone passes out and hits their head, they should go to an emergency room. She could have easily died, right there, or later in her room from an impact like that, or whatever caused her to lose consciousness and stop breathing (for crying out loud!). It's never convenient to go to the emergency room, but it's there for a reason. People make mistakes sometimes, or lose sight of what's important. Hopefully, the next time something similar happens, we could learn from this incident.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark can do his thing. I'll do mine.

Last time I checked, Facebook had no inclinations to be anything positive in the billiards world.
Bad move on JS to throw the room owner under the bus...literally biting one of the hands that feeds him.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best wishes for a quick recovery.

The whole thing seems to have been handled fairly poorly, IMO. Someone passes out and hits their head, they should go to an emergency room. She could have easily died, right there, or later in her room from an impact like that, or whatever caused her to lose consciousness and stop breathing (for crying out loud!). It's never convenient to go to the emergency room, but it's there for a reason. People make mistakes sometimes, or lose sight of what's important. Hopefully, the next time something similar happens, we could learn from this incident.

While on vacation, my Dad went to a gym and worked out. After working out, he went into the jacuzzi. When he got out of the jacuzzi, he passed out, fell backwards, and cracked his head on the cement floor. He came to almost immediately, then he got up and sat down on a bench and rubbed the back of his neck. The alarmed members rushed over to him and asked him if he was alright. He said he was fine. Someone alerted the club manager, and he came into the locker room, and he told my Dad to stay put, and he called an ambulance. The ambulance people put him on a backboard and took him to the local hospital. At the local hospital, they diagnosed him with a spiral fracture of the vertebrae in his neck. The local hospital life flighted him to a regional hospital to perform emergency surgery. We were told that on the flight my Dad's back/neck were immobilized and one attendant held the box around his head still for extra protection.

At the regional hospital, the surgeon inserted a permanent rod in my Dad's neck, and the surgeon said my Dad was lucky he wasn't paralyzed. During recovery immediately after the surgery, my Dad swallowed food into his lungs and got pneumonia. He almost died from the pneumonia, and later he told me that he wanted to die. I responded, "What????". He said he felt so crappy that he wanted to die. Wtf?? He spent a couple of weeks at the regional hospital before he was well enough to travel and return home.

During his convalescence at home, my Dad went to a doctor who had him swallow liquids of various viscosities while viewing an X-ray of his throat in real time. Some of the liquids were going down the wrong pipe and into his lungs rather than into his stomach, so my Dad had to relearn how to swallow into his stomach tube. Another doctor said that there was evidence of a stroke in the part of the brain that controls swallowing, and it was possible that the stroke occurred when my Dad got out of the jacuzzi. The whole ordeal was very hard on my Dad. He had to wear an uncomfortable neck brace all the time, which he hated, and I caught him many times with the neck brace off. He would say, "Okay, put my head back on." His brain was still a little scrambled from the trauma. The back of his neck had a vertical scar that looked like someone took a hatchet and buried it in the back of his neck. Eventually, my Dad didn't have to wear the uncomfortable neck brace anymore, and he got used to the stiffness in his neck from the rod.

The health club manager saved my Dad's life.

I hope Jason Shaw's wife doesn't have anything as serious as that and that she makes a full and speedy recovery. I have known people without health insurance who act completely differently than I would in an emergency situation. Ambulances and emergency rooms are ridiculously expensive.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dennis is at my house today (he arrived yesterday), en route home to the Philippines. Dennis is the kind of man (who I have a great deal of respect for) that does not feel the need to respond to negative criticism of him either online or anywhere else. On FB there were some who were quiok to place blame tangentially on him or others who may be betting on him. He did give me information about some things that happened both before and during the match that might well have a bearing on what happened to Ara. I will not go into all the details here, but let me just say everything is not always as simple as it sounds. I will only add that it is highly unlikely that Ara got "jarred" by anyone at Bills, be it an employee or a side better. Once again that is probably (almost 100%) not what caused her to fall.

Ara is a wonderful lady and I wish her a quick and complete recovery, but as for the people who are jumping on the bandwagon to blame unknown persons, they are barking up the wrong tree.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is at my house today (he arrived yesterday), en route home to the Philippines. Dennis is the kind of man (who I have a great deal of respect for) that does not feel the need to respond to negative criticism of him either online or anywhere else. On FB there were some who were quiok to place blame tangentially on him or others who may be betting on him. He did give me information about some things that happened both before and during the match that might well have a bearing on what happened to Ara. I will not go into all the details here, but let me just say everything is not always as simple as it looks. I will only add that it is highly unlikely that Ara got "jarred" by anyone at Bills, be it an employee or a side better. Once again that is probably (almost 100%) not what caused her to fall.

Ara is a wonderful lady and I wish her a quick and complete recovery but as for the people who are jumping on the bandwagon to blame unknown individuals are barking up the wrong tree.
Thanks for the info. I think it's normal we're all curious what happened. It's natural to wonder, I guess, how something like this could occur to such a vibrant young lady. Bottom line is for her to recover. I appreciate you taking the time to let us all know this bit of info.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Now I know why I didn't open this thread until this morning. First off, thanks for the roller coaster ride. The adrenaline rush of 'Get A Rope' contrasting with the calming of, ' Let's Analyze This' the as fun. Easy to see how the adrenaline rush can raise a lunch mob to an

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am still trying to get my head around this. If true It`s like Nancy Kerrigan getting kneecapped.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mean people overreacted?
Impossible.

Have a great Thanksgiving...

People overreacted here?!

There was wild speculation here and some people got on their high horses here to preach to the great unwashed, uniformed here?!

No es possible, lol.

Lou Figueroa
oh yeah
have a great T-Day

Last edited:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
33%--This is the chance that this has a medical explanation of some kind that does not involve drugs outside of alcohol, and alcohol may have been a marginal or major contributor.

33%--The chances that this is due to a drug/s, whether legal or illegal, that she intentionally took but is trying to hide that and keep it secret and not admit to it for whatever her reasons.

33%--The chances that this is due to drugs, legal (prescription or over the counter) or illegal, that she does or would fully admit to taking but as of yet just doesn't realize are what caused the problem.

1%--The chances that somebody spiked her drink or she got jarred, and the chances actually went down to about .1% after the video was reviewed showing that nobody messed with her drink but I'm calling it 1% just to have a nice round number.