Poolplayers and their pets(hopefully a feel good thread)

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Awsome dogs, cool cat under the table.
Picture of my last rescue. Mini horse Silver, he was deaf. We learned to communicate with hand signals. He had a bad bad life till i got him, backyard gelled(sp) job, was infected, ears twisted. Took him 2 years before he realised getting brushed was a good thing, once he did he would fall asleep while i brushed him. The other horse was Silvers big buddy Tony(Tennessee Walker) Silver passed 4 years ago, I still miss him, had enough personality for 4 horsesView attachment 617627
Never thought about adopting a mini horse. :LOL:

Good job though, It's very gratifying to do good for a living being that was dealt terrible circumstance. There's a connection that's hard to describe. I don't rescue for working dog purposes but for pets (especially small dogs) it's a blessing you both benefit from. (y)

PracticeChampion

This is Bob, I saved him from a guy who lives on the edge of a state forest and refused to keep his dogs chained up during hunting season and people get really upset about dogs chasing deer. It took a few years but Bob's all that's left of the other 9 pups and parents.

Attachments

• IMG_20200424_192432969.jpg
    IMG_20200424_192432969.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 67

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good thread. Pets are good for the soul. Labs...sweetest animal on the planet. I had a black lab. He was a character.
We had a black lab named Sammy who lived until he was 13 1/2. My other half and I both would take turns sitting with him in the front yard, watching the cars go by. He enjoyed the front yard during the autumn of his life a lot, and so we accommodated him.
Sammy and Keith in front yard resting.jpg

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We live a couple blocks from a "National Park" (Rock Creek Park), and we often go there to walk our dog. I have some beautiful photos of our walks in the park. This one is my favorite of walking Mickey in the park during autumn. It's my iPhone wallpaper. :giggle:

72640390_10157583730853020_1072309515174967739_n.jpg

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Been around Weim's my entire life. Hunted over two (friends) for two decades. My Uncle was Base Vet at Langely AFB for years working on General's dog one day and working dogs the next and while stationed in Germany brought back a breeding pair and as a kid had the pleasure of hunting over them. He also prepped the first Monkey that went into space who was named after him, Max

Anyway...Weims are very unique and 3 would be a bunch of work!!! :ROFLMAO:

We took some shots for a photo-journal for the buddy's first one that was on short time. And also one of the new Weim after the first one passed.

Attachments

• Grey Ghost.GIF
    Grey Ghost.GIF
    725.9 KB · Views: 77
  • SIG.GIF
    SIG.GIF
    321 KB · Views: 76

PracticeChampion

Been around Weim's my entire life. Hunted over two (friends) for two decades. My Uncle was Base Vet at Langely AFB for years working on General's dog one day and working dogs the next and while stationed in Germany brought back a breeding pair and as a kid had the pleasure of hunting over them. He also prepped the first Monkey that went into space who was named after him, Max

Anyway...Weims are very unique and 3 would be a bunch of work!!! :ROFLMAO:

We took some shots for a photo-journal for the buddy's first one that was on short time. And also one of the new Weim after the first one passed.
I had a German Shorthair for awhile til someone stole him. Never hunted with him but did work him in the field a many times and nothing like watching a bird dog hunt, pure enjoyment.

He got out of the house once and bolted off, I thought damn I may never see him again ☹️, nope he was standing at the edge of the woods locked up and pointing. I walked up and leashed him eazy peazy 😂

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d love to but im not done traveling. My travels were interrupted by the rona. I couldn’t stomach leaving them. When/if I finish I’ll have few dogs again. Life is much better with a dog.
When I got Silver the mini horse I stopped traveling for about 3 years. Cut my tourny schedule down to 1 or 2 a year. When I came home he would throw his head around and kick an buck, happy to have me back. 🐴🐎