Funny pic/gif thread...

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
AVvXsEiTheT-GT4z9k56vDSipgkMV-YoUDmCGSzol5035t_j_vKgnIFANdPxhm9Xmty8Txi6pr3hI-QgNGtTI-aTVRZU8LF-_sXG3rEQm9ndGDGJ7ummez1Q0tu7U3iQrub1YR0hjTJ4c7DqnW53XdSNW9DlyCQ-AlK0i9i2pkvvIYlPRj8sb5EURIgHJi1q=w321-h400

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
EDIT: This was a reply to Chili that got split somehow.

I drove an hour to work, climbed iron in a petro-chem plant for ten hours, the hour back home, and climbed into my rig to make a quick run to Hollis OK to pick up a load of alfalfa, 745 miles each way. My wife wanted to ride so off we go. Get to Hollis, only a twelve year old boy to help load hay. Had to back almost six hundred feet between thirty foot walls of hay in the co-op barn and the farmer didn't have a key to the doors next to his hay. 580 bales later back on the road! I am more than a little whipped by now so I decided it was time to let my tiny wife try her hand at driving an eighteen wheeler. Technically not an interstate but a divided four lane. My cabover had a thirteen speed roadranger in it, an easy tranny to drive. I stopped on a downhill and explained that there was a couple hundred miles of nothing ahead, just let off the brakes and nudge it in gear when it started rolling and no clutch was needed to shift gears. It took a lot of effort and a long time for her to get the clutch pushed in.

I got her rolling and climbed into the sleeper for a couple hours sleep. I stretched out and felt like I was falling down a hole. Suddenly, "HU, HU, HU, HU, HU!!! I had overlooked one little detail, Wichita Falls, Texas. Nine redlights a short city block apart before the bypass was built. "Just get it stopped the first time and I'll take over." So much for sleep, she would never consider getting behind the wheel again, ever! With only a three day weekend to get home, rest, and go back to my regular job Monday I took a fifteen minute nap somewhere the other side of Wichita Falls in North Texas and took the truck straight home.

Not my worst trip, I topped a hill on a two lane and found a four vessel cement pumper across both lanes and shoulders. A wooden shack not far from the ditch and I knew if I plowed through it at four in the morning there would almost certainly be people killed, including children. I also knew I was almost certain to jackknife trying to hold another load of hay in the ditch. Had it down to about twenty miles an hour when I picked my spot and went off the road. Jackknifed as expected and ended up greasy side up. Not sure hauling hay was fun but it was inneresting!

Hu

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

They're amazing. I was out riding ATV's once north of Boise and was on a tight trail that was in a gulch and as we're headed up this hill a freakin' dear jumped from one side of the gulch to another - he was about 10 yards in front of us and easily 10ft in the air!

I also hang out in the Oyhee mountains a lot and it's primarily BLM land that cattle farmers use - you'd be amazed how agile cattle can be. Of course, I learned that working at a kill plant back in the early 90's.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're amazing. I was out riding ATV's once north of Boise and was on a tight trail that was in a gulch and as we're headed up this hill a freakin' dear jumped from one side of the gulch to another - he was about 10 yards in front of us and easily 10ft in the air!

I also hang out in the Oyhee mountains a lot and it's primarily BLM land that cattle farmers use - you'd be amazed how agile cattle can be. Of course, I learned that working at a kill plant back in the early 90's.
Told the story about 438 times on the Azb...

Once I was out riding bikes with friends and we were out in the country. We're riding down a road on the side of the hill and the right side of the road is higher, the left side is lower.

100 yards ahead, a bunch of deer jump from the high side down to the road and drop off to the low side.

When we get closer, one idiot dear came flying from the right, jumped from the high side onto the road, where it's legs slid out from under it and it then slid across the pavement and off the other side of the road.

When we got to the portion of Road he crossed, there was hair and blood smeared all over it.

Dumbass deer.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Told the story about 438 times on the Azb...

Once I was out riding bikes with friends and we were out in the country. We're riding down a road on the side of the hill and the right side of the road is higher, the left side is lower.

100 yards ahead, a bunch of deer jump from the high side down to the road and drop off to the low side.

When we get closer, one idiot dear came flying from the right, jumped from the high side onto the road, where it's legs slid out from under it and it then slid across the pavement and off the other side of the road.

When we got to the portion of Road he crossed, there was hair and blood smeared all over it.

Dumbass deer.
Rawass deer. Fixed it for you😉