AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

gifs_24.gif

1+ year and hundreds pages later, they're still at it

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m actually worse at golf than this guy. At least he can hit the ball😂
I probably hit 1000 balls at driving range over my lifetime. I still have some stories:
1. Was playing a par 3 with brother and about 5 other intoxicated fools. Thunderstorm was rolling in and people started running and all shooting at the same time so we could get 9 holes in. We get to #9 and it is now raining. I challenge everyone to throw the ball from the tee and putt from where it lies after the throw. That was the only hole I won that day. I hit the pin with throw and had about a 12" put to win it.

B) was with brother in Puerto Rico and he wants to play the RT Jones course. I say it is a waste of money and he tells me he will pay. We compromise and he plays the 18 while I. Get a large bucket and head to the range. There was no synthetic grass. Large bucket of balls and I .got MAYBE 5 good shots off. F that game. Too hard!
bucket,

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went once.

I couldn’t hit the ball off the tee, I quit after 30 minutes, went to the pool room, never looked back. I didn’t have much talent for pool either. But at least I could hit the CB😂

Right after HS I got into golf, we had a little par 3 course by my house and I would go at least 4-5 times a week. Got married and couldn't do both pool and golf so I decided I was going to stick with pool because I could play it all year ;)

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Right after HS I got into golf, we had a little par 3 course by my house and I would go at least 4-5 times a week. Got married and couldn't do both pool and golf so I decided I was going to stick with pool because I could play it all year ;)

North of 90th and Dodge?

I've played that (former) one quite a few times.

jeff Livingston

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Negative, 130th and W Center Road. Westwood Heights. https://parks.cityofomaha.org/golf/9-hole-golf-courses/westwood-golf-course

First time I ever went golfing I got a birdie on hole 3 there, I was hooked...until I had to decide between that and pool :)

Birdie. Nice. When I was about 12 and had played maybe 10 times max, I almost got a hole in one on a downhill 120 yd par 3, using my 3 wood. lol. Just passed by the hole an inch off, but got the birdie with a 2 foot putt.

That hooked me for years. (did you ever think what that first birdie cost you overall?...lol)

I quit golf for pool, years ago. Too expensive, too slow, too many cheaters in golf. Pool is nowhere the level of golf when it comes to cheating. Every golfer cheats, it seems, without guilt of remorse. Then the 19th hole score-comparison talk drove me nuts as the guys who really shot 60+ on nine scored themselves at 46. "I almost tied you, Jeff." :cautious:

But a pool hall is where the lowlifes go. ahem...NOT

Jeff Livingston