Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe this event will raise Jason's stock value quite a bit in terms of endorsements and notoriety. This guy can dominate at any game he wants to. I was just trying to decided what kind of handicap I would need from Jason in 14.1 to gamble. What depressing thoughts those were. I'm embarrassed to even say what I think would be fair.

I still wouldn't really have a chance, but in a race to 200...

- I win at 60
- I get BIH if he fouls
- His runs are capped at 50, and then he has to play safe

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe this event will raise Jason's stock value quite a bit in terms of endorsements and notoriety. This guy can dominate at any game he wants to. I was just trying to decided what kind of handicap I would need from Jason in 14.1 to gamble. What depressing thoughts those were. I'm embarrassed to even say what I think would be fair.

Don't know how this will increase his stock to that degree. The people who know about this event are the diehard pool fans, who know about him anyways. I think this proves that Jayson is just a beast who can play well at any pool game. Shows why is is among the best players in the world.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson will begin day two of his attempts between 1030 - 11 AM EST.

Lou Figueroa
Wow he decided to go up to 1030-1100 balls today. I guess he’s feeling confident after yesterday. Excellent🤠

Going to be a memorable day in pool history

Fatboy😂😂

Seriously this is great stuff Lou💪💪 thx again

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joking aside, I do realize that all but the most talented players have no hope of emulating someone like Shaw. Most amateurs would be better off modeling their games off pros with a more minimalist and conservative style of play. But it sure is fun to watch.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
It’s amazing how long it took for an event like this to occur. I was watching the US Open 14.1 from 1992 and Bill Staton talked about a similar idea periodically through each of the tapes and asked some of the players what they though would be possible.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
It’s amazing how long it took for an event like this to occur. I was watching the US Open 14.1 from 1992 and Bill Staton talked about a similar idea periodically through each of the tapes and asked some of the players what they though would be possible.
The straight pool challenge at the Derby is a decade old. Obviously this has its own nuances (like free, unlimited tries), but the concept of multiple tries for the highest run possible has been done. The execution of the idea to go to an old school easier table and stream it has to be credited to John Schmidt. I know Bobby says he’s wanted to do this for a while, so I’m glad he’s doing it.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Here’s a good prop bet

How gets a higher run Shaw or Filler?
Filler was raised on straight pool....and similar shooting ability....so I gotta favor Filler a little....
....but it might take more courage than I have to bet against Shaw...he is awesome.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson will be ready to shoot again around 7:30 - 8 PM EST.

He’s going to try and hang as long as he before the Derby. Believe he put up a 308 today.

Lou Figueroa

middleofnowhere

Registered
I had a little Revelation watching Jayson play. It was more than a 40-year-old memory of a guy named Mike Corella. Mike could do anything on the pool table he chose to do. He played the game the way he wanted to play it and it was just unbelievable. Jayson reminds me of Mike.

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Phenomenal display of raw talent from a truly amazing player.

Pool, golf, darts, chess, you name it...some people just have the gift.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We can’t even say, “300 ball runs are going to be few and far between.”

Great job, Jayson. Keep doing it all wrong.
Okay what do you want to hear? You were right and I was wrong! Now just drop it!!!

What's that? Oh that's right I wasn't the brilliant guy that said it. Carry on.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
The straight pool challenge at the Derby is a decade old. Obviously this has its own nuances (like free, unlimited tries), but the concept of multiple tries for the highest run possible has been done. The execution of the idea to go to an old school easier table and stream it has to be credited to John Schmidt. I know Bobby says he’s wanted to do this for a while, so I’m glad he’s doing it.
I am familiar with the challenge. I think Weenie Bernie was talking about something more along the lines of John and Bobby’s event. The unlimited tries and soft equipment are crucial to any effort to set a gargantuan run.