CTE Stepping Cue Ball.

Thresh

what is it that you expect me to do? You cannot understand it. You just can't. You prove that every time you post.
Quit trying to tell people that use it that it doesn't work.
You claimed you can do the math and CAD to show it works. You again, refuse to do what you claim is so easy, then claim I can't understand it even if you did.

Your response was exactly as I predicted.

Coward or troll, which one are you? Both?

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You claimed you can do the math and CAD to show it works. You again, refuse to do what you claim is so easy, then claim I can't understand it even if you did.

Your response was exactly as I predicted.

Coward or troll, which one are you? Both?
I can I can I can, but not for you, little one. Buy the book, do the work, quit begging for help.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I can I can I can, but not for you, little one. Buy the book, do the work, quit begging for help.

What a load of BS. I bet you can't even name 2 cad programs without google. An idea man, but actually doing them are too much work. (y)🙄

Renegade_56_award.jpg

Thresh

I
Had the book, was stated in my previous replies.

You are the one making claims not me I asked you to put up or shut up. I've only asked you to back up the claims you made.

As predicted you're either a coward or troll you pick which one.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
As you well know, I'm usually pretty specific about who I imply is dumb.

pj
chgo
Which means anybody and everybody who isn't in YOUR Anti-CTE Cult following the mission of attempting to destroy CTE and all who use it. However, you lost. Keep up the insane whack job work. It's actually hilarious.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
1 "tick" = 0.5 mm across the surface of the cb

With the eyes around 40 to 60 inches from the cb, slightly turning the head (changing the perspective) by just 0.7 to 1 inch equates to 1 tick.

Last edited:

boogieman

1 "tick" = 0.5 mm across the surface of the cb

With the eyes around 40 to 60 inches from the cb, slightly turning the head (changing the perspective) by just 0.7 to 1 inch equates to 1 tick.
SOHCAHTOA Baby! 👏

I work using a CMM so I understand how an incorrect angle is DEVASTATING when projected out several feet on large parts. If you're off ONE degree, at 6' out you're off 1.26". From ONE DEGREE!. Throw another TRIG induced error when you realize we all have unique anatomy with two eyes and it's a wonder we can even make a shot. It is beyond comprehension and can never be explained, there's some Flavor-Aid on the table near the door. Welcome to the holy order friend. 🙏🙌🙌

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
SOHCAHTOA Baby! 👏

I work using a CMM so I understand how an incorrect angle is DEVASTATING when projected out several feet on large parts. If you're off ONE degree, at 6' out you're off 1.26". From ONE DEGREE!. Throw another TRIG induced error when you realize we all have unique anatomy with two eyes and it's a wonder we can even make a shot. It is beyond comprehension and can never be explained, there's some Flavor-Aid on the table near the door. Welcome to the holy order friend. 🙏🙌🙌

I guess the trick is being able to recognize exactly how far to turn your head. I'd say this requires experience. Without experience, without being able to recognize what looks right, it's more guesswork than anything else.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess the trick is being able to recognize exactly how far to turn your head. I'd say this requires experience.
Are you speaking objectively?

Without experience, without being able to recognize what looks right, it's more guesswork than anything else.
Once you have learned how to cock your eyes one degree then what? What's that got to do with the shot line? Oh, you say you are actually learning how to pocket the ball and not how to cock your eyes one degree? Sounds more plausible.

boogieman

I guess the trick is being able to recognize exactly how far to turn your head. I'd say this requires experience. Without experience, without being able to recognize what looks right, it's more guesswork than anything else.
So the ultimate aiming system is, "that looks right" and having enough experience to know what "looking right" actually is. :unsure: Sounds like muscle memory and building new neural pathways to me. That takes repetition and no aiming system can do that for ya! ;)

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you speaking objectively?

Once you have learned how to cock your eyes one degree then what? What's that got to do with the shot line? Oh, you say you are actually learning how to pocket the ball and not how to cock your eyes one degree? Sounds more plausible.

I guess you eventually learn to recognize the shot line needed. All I was doing was showing that the math does work as far as how a slight head tilt (change in perspective) can result in a 1° change in cut angle.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess you eventually learn to recognize the shot line needed. All I was doing was showing that the math does work as far as how a slight head tilt (change in perspective) can result in a 1° change in cut angle.
In one of Stan's videos he goes over how much averting your eyes to the edge of the cue ball changes things. You may have seen it. He lines up the cb to a diamond on the long rail and shows how changing your eye focus from the center of the ball to the edge of the ball moves the perceived aim line from the center of the diamond on the rail to the edge of the diamond, or about a quarter inch. I did the math awhile back and if I recall correctly it amounted to about a 5.5 degree change. Assuming a consistent distance from the eyes to the cue ball, averting the vision from the center to the edge will ALWAYS result in a 5.5 degree change in the perceived line through the center of the cue ball. Now, this was a demonstration of what averting the eyes only would do. There was no poking or moving the head in this example. What any of this has to do with the shot line is still a mystery.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
In one of Stan's videos he goes over how much averting your eyes to the edge of the cue ball changes things. You may have seen it. He lines up the cb to a diamond on the long rail and shows how changing your eye focus from the center of the ball to the edge of the ball moves the perceived aim line from the center of the diamond on the rail to the edge of the diamond, or about a quarter inch. I did the math awhile back and if I recall correctly it amounted to about a 5.5 degree change. Assuming a consistent distance from the eyes to the cue ball, averting the vision from the center to the edge will ALWAYS result in a 5.5 degree change in the perceived line through the center of the cue ball. Now, this was a demonstration of what averting the eyes only would do. There was no poking or moving the head in this example. What any of this has to do with the shot line is still a mystery.

With most aiming methods the shot line is eventually learned, or becomes known or more easily recognized, through the trial and error of experience on the table.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
As it should be with all things. Welcome to the holy order friend. It is beyond comprehension and can never be explained. Faith will set you free. Be sure to enjoy the refreshments by the door. 🙏🙌🙌
Of course it can be explained. There only two things needed. A LASER, and being able to hit the center diamond on either the head or foot side of the table 500 times in a row every day from the spot at either end. Once this can be achieved pocketing balls all comes together and everything can be explained or disproved along with making the Mosconi Cup team.🙄 :ROFLMAO:

Might also help to know how to offset the eyes and get the stance coordinated instead of being a die hard "noser" with it directly over the cue along with the chin to a contact point, fraction, or GB. A super skill and drill to use is understanding and being able to use a manual pivot before pulling the trigger on the stroke. Then it can be done with the eyes and stance alone after the light bulb clicks on for Pro1!

What I just posted above will NEVER be tried or used by the Anti-CTE Cult. NEVER! Fact is, they don't even know what the hell I'm talking about or how to do it. It'll be ANOTHER 25 years of constant badgering, bad mouthing, and TROLLING until they all start croaking one by one.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I guess the trick is being able to recognize exactly how far to turn your head.
How far to turn your head and have it over the cue is determined by a specific visual. What is that visual? What are you trying to see and link up?

Thresh

How far to turn your head and have it over the cue is determined by a specific visual. What is that visual? What are you trying to see and link up?
Why would you have a crooked face over your cue? How far your head is over the cue is different based on different visuals?

Your head should always be in the exact same place over the cue, every shot. For most people it's near under there dominate eye.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Why would you have a crooked face over your cue? How far your head is over the cue is different based on different visuals?

Your head should always be in the exact same place over the cue, every shot. For most people it's near under there dominate eye.
Is this a pool playing law that's etched in stone? For many it is. What is your aiming method?

Thresh

Is this a pool playing law that's etched in stone? For many it is. What is your aiming method?
So your saying on one shot you will have your head over they left side of the stick then the next the right side?

With consistency like that I can't see how you would ever miss....

My aiming system is making the ball. If the shot doesn't look right I use Poolology to get back into the ballpark.