CTE Stepping Cue Ball.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Like I already said, I can’t confirm or deny if the other 14 do or don’t. I just know for sure that 2 of them do. And you should believe everything I post, I’ve given you no reason not to.
Did I say you lied or imply you were untruthful it in any way? Nope. I took the number you gave me, 12.5% as factual. It's silly that you want me to look into the aiming systems that 14 players use. I'm fine taking what you said at face value as factual. 12.5% is a strong number, even if there are others secretly using it, 12.5% is a lot. I'm not saying you're lying in any way, just that I expected it to be a larger number given the parable of how all the pros use it. Maybe it wasn't a pro event... I don't know and it's not something I really feel the need to research.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It's trained LASER VISION linking the center and edges of CB and OB with the eyes. You can take it with you to any pool table anywhere in the world. No need to invest in a mechanical single beam laser that can only be used on a home table
like training wheels on a kid's bike for hack players who only live and play in their basement.
When the training kicks in it seems like magic to make all of those shots but it's really the knowledge and work put into it.
You're still on training wheels, aren't you?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
In other words...

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves...

pj
chgo
I don't believe it. After 25 years you FINALLY got it! But stick with what you do best. Contact point to contact point - fidget a little - parallel offset for english - readjust contact point to contact point due to deflection - do a couple of head bobs up and down - take a deep breath - draw the cue back slowly - miss- go sit down and wait your turn to shoot again.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
That makes one of us...

pj
chgo
Actually, there are many of us. On FB alone it's up to around 2,000 for those who use it and sign in for discussion. I'm guessing
you'll never be found there but if so, it'll last about 10 seconds before the guillotine chops a Chicago noggin right off.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well at least CTE has PJ quoting 170 year old nonsense poetry instead of trying to sound like an expert on why a perfectly good aiming method can't work. He doesn't understand either.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Another content-free post from a CTE "expert". Whoda thunkit?

pj
chgo
Content? You want CONTENT? As the self-appointed Anti-CTE cult leader for the last 25 years who fired the first volley at CTE and Hal Houle, you've had more CONTENT handed to you on a silver platter than anyone. Your actions are the same each time and predictable. Nothing changes with your responses. "It doesn't work and can't work" because you're Pat Johnson and you said so. Simple as that.

The Anti-CTE Cult is DEAD! It never was much of one to begin with since there was only eight to ten fighting together at a time against it on any one forum over the 25 years. You can count on one hand how many are currently here on AZ. But YOU'RE still here after wasting 1/3 of your life daily on a subject and method of playing pool that has hit mainstream and flourishing. Not just nationwide, but worldwide and growing constantly. You're not even a well above average player that deserves to be listened to and followed. It's amazing how you've held an audience all these years with no accomplishments
in the world of pool even as a gambler. It's only your skills at wordsmithing and destructive criticism against individuals and a style of playing the forum posting game over two decades that holds any interest. It certainly has nothing to do with validity in the game of pool itself.

Here is ALL the content necessary to play good pool while using CTE. GOOGLE: CTE Truth Series On Youtube

You don't like it? You don't want it? You wish to throw out one of your little cutesy put downs in a post? I don't care. Do as you always do. You are dead and so is the anti-CTE Cult.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Back on topic:

This description (by John Barton earlier in this thread) of how to "step" the CB...
Stand at the center of the table and look at the cueball on the kitchen middle spot until you can see the line that connects the two diamonds, the center of the cueball and the foot spot. You will be looking at four objective references. Now, turn your head slightly to the left and focus on the fartherest left edge of the cueball that you can see. Let your eyes ONLY come back to center cue ball and from there go into shot position.
...results in more than 100 "steps" per inch on the CB's surface. Here's what that looks like, magnified for clarity. I'll let you decide whether it's realistically useful.

pj
chgo
Blank (1).png

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Did I say you lied or imply you were untruthful it in any way? Nope. I took the number you gave me, 12.5% as factual.
The entertaining part is that the actual fact should read as: "2 of the final 16 have been known to use CTE."

Just like there's no telling if the other 14 have/can used CTE, there's zero proof that the 2 that have experience with the system were using it at all during Turning Stone.

The use of assumptions to validate actually discredit all in the same breath.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back on topic:

This description (by John Barton earlier in this thread) of how to "step" the CB...

...results in more than 100 "steps" per inch on the CB's surface. Here's what that looks like, magnified for clarity. I'll let you decide whether it's realistically useful.

pj
chgo
View attachment 624082
Where the hell did you come up with that? The only result is you look to the center of the cueball, move your head, then from that head position move your eyes back to the center of the cueball. From there you are now seeing the same cueball, same object ball, same shot, but from a third angle caused by different head position relative to the ball/table configuration. There is no 100 anything, you made that up. There is 1 difference only, you moved your head once creating a stepped view of center cue ball from the original view. Only you would do it 100 times trying to say it isn't doable.

If you get high, STOP!
If you don't,,,,,,,START!

Thresh

Where the hell did you come up with that? The only result is you look to the center of the cueball, move your head, then from that head position move your eyes back to the center of the cueball. From there you are now seeing the same cueball, same object ball, same shot, but from a third angle caused by different head position relative to the ball/table configuration. There is no 100 anything, you made that up. There is 1 difference only, you moved your head once creating a stepped view of center cue ball from the original view. Only you would do it 100 times trying to say it isn't doable.

If you get high, STOP!
If you don't,,,,,,,START!
What he did should require no explanation for you. Especially with your math skills.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where the hell did you come up with that? The only result is you look to the center of the cueball, move your head, then from that head position move your eyes back to the center of the cueball.
Pretty sure that's wrong. Want to try again?
From there you are now seeing the same cueball, same object ball, same shot, but from a third angle caused by different head position relative to the ball/table configuration.
We're still waiting for you to tell us what this has to do with the shot line.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
There is no 100 anything, you made that up.
With your eyes 30 inches from the CB, to shift your gaze from the CB's center to its edge you pivot your head/eyes less than 1/4" to the side. A line from that slightly different vantage point to the CB's center of mass (its "3D center") passes through the CB's surface less than 1/100" from the original visual center (more like 1/150"). This is easily shown geometrically.

Even if you could make the small head/eye movements accurately enough (doubtful), you couldn't see that small an increment on the CB from that distance, much less do something useful with it.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

Submerge

According to Stan there are 360 “ticks” on any ball. Each one is 1 degree. Each tick is an edge. There are 360 edges on any ball using one degree per tick as basis. Getting the right CB tick to line up with the right OB tick is a pure nightmare (for me but may not be for others…) without an understanding of The CTE. So when they say “center to edge”, the edge could be anywhere on either ball. The whole idea of poking your head is to reduce the distance between the eyes so they can line up both the aim and sight lines at the same time. Your mid face vision center is lined up almost perfectly to see the parallax line. So you have 3 reference lines for the basic shots. Once you see the perception and get lined up in full stance (ready to stroke) you don’t even have to look at the OB any more. It doesn’t matter. The process puts you on center cue ball which is the one tick that you have to hit to make the shot. That position is based on the perception of the angle of the shot to center pocket. Once you have that, neither the pocket nor OB matter any more. Your target is Center Cue Ball (just remember that there are 360 possible centers on the CB. You just have to find the exact one that makes the shot.

Stan also goes into applying English with his systems. There are adjustments depending on the type and amount of English you desire. Most players can do very well by pocketing balls as the first objective, and using stroke speed and draw or follow for most shots for position.

Welcome comments about the substance of the post. Hopes this helps better understand some theory behind it. You can’t just read a few paragraphs and expect to execute this. I studied for 3 months while table was being built. Many questions. Stan answered best he could but then offered this: Get on the table to learn the system. And I did, This was what it took for THIS mind to comprehend. 8 months in and still on the learning curve…

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The entertaining part is that the actual fact should read as: "2 of the final 16 have been known to use CTE."

Just like there's no telling if the other 14 have/can used CTE, there's zero proof that the 2 that have experience with the system were using it at all during Turning Stone.

The use of assumptions to validate actually discredit all in the same breath.
This is funny. I take both at there word that they use CTE. They’ve paid for the lessons. They both credit Stan on social media groups. And although I don’t personally know either one we do have mutual friends that say that they use it. I’d bet money they use CTE, would you bet money they don’t?