tilted heads down on the cue is different than tilted heads on the shotline
jmho
icbw
i am no expert dan...... (y)

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You are wrong in that you have me pegged as trying to start an online riot or something. You are taking some of my comments out of context.

Here's what happened. I had some free time on a Friday afternoon and looked through the aiming forum to see if there were any new discussions, which there were not. I thought, "Sad to see no discussion in a discussion forum." It occurred to me that some of the CTE people said they were going to go to Stan's forum and stop posting here. Out of curiosity I looked up that page's statistics on facebook and found they had grown to 2600 members but with only 3 posts per day average. I decided to post about that and I did so with a little snark, as in you guys keep insulting everyone and saying that CTE is taking over the known universe yet there are only 3 posts per day (and no testimonials in what, months)? I did not throw that in anybody's face because, frankly, maybe that's not such a bad number for only 2600 members. I go to a lawnmower forum that has 115,000 members. That's it, end of story.

Then the very first post is from you, accusing me of stirring up shit. You'll notice that I never replied to your post because I didn't want to immediately get into defending myself about baiting. You deleted that post (Why?) and I never even brought it up. It was cookie who brought it up because he was then turning the thread into a baiting discussion instead of a Stan's group discussion. You'll also note that I did not respond to spider's first post or two because that never ends well and wastes so much time.

So, yes, I do take some offense at your incessant prodding about what a horrendous thing I must have done by baiting someone in a forum that hasn't had a single post for a month. Even if that was my intention, which it wasn't, is it possible to bait someone who doesn't really want to join in? To me, baiting is where you say something so egregious that they have to respond. Throwing out a comment about the popularity of Stan's group is hardly bait material. There was no personal insult, comment about someone's mom, none of that.

Having said all that, I'm choosing to take your comments about baiting as a compliment. Everybody knows that certain people here are off the rails and don't know any better. Your holding me to a higher standard is something of a compliment... you're still wrong, though. ;)
dan
let me start by saying
as i understand it
your biggest grief with CTE is that it is objective and there is no feel to it
and you are against stan profiting from claiming so
and you feel its your mission to protect the public from"false advertising"
icbw
to be continued

phreaticus

The single bit of interesting info in this retarded thread is to learn that there is lawnmower forum that has 115,000 members and that Dan belongs to it. That explains some things. Almost as humorous as gaming forums where people watch other people play video games.

BTW, I have Stan’s Center Pocket Music CTE book available in like-new condition for $65 shipped.

🤣😭🤣

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You are wrong in that you have me pegged as trying to start an online riot or something. You are taking some of my comments out of context.

1)Here's what happened. I had some free time on a Friday afternoon and looked through the aiming forum to see if there were any new discussions, which there were not. I thought, "Sad to see no discussion in a discussion forum." (1A) It occurred to me that some of the CTE people said they were going to go to Stan's forum and stop posting here. Out of curiosity I looked up that page's statistics on facebook and found they had grown to 2600 members but with only 3 posts per day average. I decided to post about that and I did so with a little snark, as in you guys keep insulting everyone and saying that CTE is taking over the known universe yet there are only 3 posts per day (and no testimonials in what, months)? I did not throw that in anybody's face because, frankly, maybe that's not such a bad number for only 2600 members. I go to a lawnmower forum that has 115,000 members. That's it, end of story.

Then the very first post is from you, accusing me of stirring up shit. You'll notice that I never replied to your post because I didn't want to immediately get into defending myself about baiting. You deleted that post (Why?) and I never even brought it up. It was cookie who brought it up because he was then turning the thread into a baiting discussion instead of a Stan's group discussion. You'll also note that I did not respond to spider's first post or two because that never ends well and wastes so much time. (2)

So, yes, I do take some offense at your incessant prodding about what a horrendous thing I must have done by baiting someone in a forum that hasn't had a single post for a month. Even if that was my intention, which it wasn't, is it possible to bait someone who doesn't really want to join in? To me, baiting is where you say something so egregious that they have to respond. Throwing out a comment about the popularity of Stan's group is hardly bait material. There was no personal insult, comment about someone's mom, none of that.(3)

Having said all that, I'm choosing to take your comments about baiting as a compliment. Everybody knows that certain people here are off the rails and don't know any better. Your holding me to a higher standard is something of a compliment... you're still wrong, though. .....(4)
lets start with number 1 and 1A
dan from all your history with your battle against CTE
i find it very hard to believe you you would be upset ....SAD.... to see poor volume on stans site
2) because of assumption 1 and 1A i posted what i did
YOU EVEN AGREED WITH ME !!!!!!!!!
3) you had an agenda as you knew the stats.
.also you said "(aka the impenetrable fortress of solitude)"
which was a snide remark to me and i am sure was said with some (baiting /provacative/instigative/) intention
jmho
icbw
4) dan its funny because i too think there could be some subjectivity to CTE but i think your mission and time to protect everyone from"false advertising "
could be used to enjoy life
my attitude is
life is too short for aggravation...:)
jmho
icbw

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Here's what happened. I had some free time on a Friday afternoon and looked through the aiming forum to see if there were any new discussions, which there were not. I thought, "Sad to see no discussion in a discussion forum." It occurred to me that some of the CTE people said they were going to go to Stan's forum and stop posting here. Out of curiosity I looked up that page's statistics on facebook and found they had grown to 2600 members but with only 3 posts per day average. I decided to post about that and I did so with a little snark, as in you guys keep insulting everyone and saying that CTE is taking over the known universe yet there are only 3 posts per day (and no testimonials in what, months)? I did not throw that in anybody's face because, frankly, maybe that's not such a bad number for only 2600 members. I go to a lawnmower forum that has 115,000 members. That's it, end of story.

Then the very first post is from you, accusing me of stirring up shit. You'll notice that I never replied to your post because I didn't want to immediately get into defending myself about baiting. You deleted that post (Why?) and I never even brought it up. It was cookie who brought it up because he was then turning the thread into a baiting discussion instead of a Stan's group discussion. You'll also note that I did not respond to spider's first post or two because that never ends well and wastes so much time.

So, yes, I do take some offense at your incessant prodding about what a horrendous thing I must have done by baiting someone in a forum that hasn't had a single post for a month. Even if that was my intention, which it wasn't, is it possible to bait someone who doesn't really want to join in? To me, baiting is where you say something so egregious that they have to respond. Throwing out a comment about the popularity of Stan's group is hardly bait material. There was no personal insult, comment about someone's mom, none of that.

Having said all that, I'm choosing to take your comments about baiting as a compliment. Everybody knows that certain people here are off the rails and don't know any better. Your holding me to a higher standard is something of a compliment... you're still wrong, though. ;)
It’s funny you accuse me of baiting but post number 20, by you, you clearly state this whole thread was started with the intention of being a baiting thread. Need some ice for that black eye?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It’s funny you accuse me of baiting but post number 20, by you, you clearly state this whole thread was started with the intention of being a baiting thread. Need some ice for that black eye?
I gave him a name a long time ago after regularly observing how he comes into a thread with something in his baiting techniques that he knows will get under the skin...gets the initial "bite" response that he was looking for...amps it up with each successive post when multiple parties start coming back at him...naturally Pat Johnson isn't going to sit on his hands because this is what he's lived for the last 25 years and they took a blood brother oath...and in no time flat there's a full blown flame war that's basically a summer rerun of every other flame war since 2004 or 3 when this forum was started.

At the end he comes up with every lame, distorted excuse as far as his intentions being so sincere and harmless BUT we ogres
and sub-human CTE users were the ones who took it to new levels when all he was doing was trying to clear some things up and get answers which we all know is 100% TOTAL BULLSHIT!

HIS NAME THAT I GAVE HIM... INNOCENT DAN!
(Which is really complimentary and understated based on what it COULD or SHOULD be)

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I gave him a name a long time ago after regularly observing how he comes into a thread with something in his baiting techniques that he knows will get under the skin...gets the initial "bite" response that he was looking for...amps it up with each successive post when multiple parties start coming back at him...naturally Pat Johnson isn't going to sit on his hands because this is what he's lived for the last 25 years and they took a blood brother oath...and in no time flat there's a full blown flame war that's basically a summer rerun of every other flame war since 2004 or 3 when this forum was started.

At the end he comes up with every lame, distorted excuse as far as his intentions being so sincere and harmless BUT we ogres
and sub-human CTE users were the ones who took it to new levels when all he was doing was trying to clear some things up and get answers which we all know is 100% TOTAL BULLSHIT!

HIS NAME THAT I GAVE HIM... INNOCENT DAN!
(Which is really complimentary and understated based on what it COULD or SHOULD be)
I’m just surprised he didn’t have some posts deleted last night by someone he’s close to

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I’m just surprised he didn’t have some posts deleted last night by someone he’s close to
Exactly right! I'm sure there was some reporting for bans also. Especially something HE categorized or insinuated was a "THREAT".
There were no threats. Now I did say something, but it was a in fact a PROMISE!! I will do whatever I have to do to follow through with what it takes if it EVER happens again regarding Stan and CTE! I PROMISE!! It doesn't matter whether I'm actively posting here or not.

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The misunderstanding is CTE's main claim to fame: the implausible claim that an aiming system, any aiming system, can be complex enough to fully and physically define every cut angle needed in pool (i.e., without "feel") yet simple enough to be used by a player at the table.

I'm pretty sure neither you nor Spidey actually get this, so, as usual, I'm repeating it for others, trusting there are readers here who might understand it and appreciate knowing it.

pj
chgo
Well the logical thing for you to do would be to just show us some examples of shots that cannot be made with CTE.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Oops... my error.

Shouldn't heads down on the cue be on the shot line?

You seemed to say the head should be on the shot line or down on the cue...

pj
chgo

patrick
excuse me for not taking the time to go back and read the exact quotes
but the gist of it was you made a comment regarding funny head positions by the cte'ers and then spidey brought out your description
of your head position
i then speculated that you were describing you finding a vision center head position when down on the shot
and your comment was about the cte'ers head positions when standing behind the shot.
it was wrong of me to speak for you.......i apologize
to answer your question
i believe your vision center should ideally be on the shot line at all times
if thats wrong PM me
since its not relevant to how stans facebook page is doing.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Well the logical thing for you to do would be to just show us some examples of shots that cannot be made with CTE.
Obviously CTE users make shots “with it” - I said “with it” must include feel.

The “logical” thing (since it’s CTE’s illogical claim) would be for you to describe aiming a shot with precise CTE steps that anybody can follow and make the shot without feel.

pj
chgo

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The “logical” thing (since it’s CTE’s illogical claim) would be for you to describe aiming a shot with precise CTE steps that anybody can follow and make the shot without feel.

pj
chgo
We’ve done that over and over. There is a whole YouTube series describing it in complete detail. Also a nice book with pictures for you to follow along to.
CENTER POCKET MUSIC!!!! How sweet it is.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

pj
chgo
Please describe feel and how it works for one person to another. Can feel be taught? If a person has or claims to have incredible feel, such as yourself, does it mean once it's called upon and activated that you NEVER miss the shot you're trying to make?
If you do miss the shot, what was off...the aiming process, the feel, or something else? Seems like "feel" is just another word for "Trusting your Guess" since it is pretty much that.

As far as CTE goes, NOPE there is no feel and guessing games. But you'll NEVER understand and get it. You'll be around attacking and whining about the same crap for as long as your old decrepit body allows you to. Guaranteed it won't be for 25 more years like the first 25. You'd be around 100. Ain't gonna happen.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

pj
chgo
Let's assume you have a dead straight in shot from CB to OB to pocket. I mean you can see it like a laser beam was coming out of your eyes from both balls to the pocket. What part of it is FEEL? Do you need FEEL since it's all right there perfectly laid out?
How would you aim to make that shot?