How's the CTE forum doing on facebook?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
We’ve done that over and over.
As you’ve said many times before, demonstrating each time that you don’t know what you’re saying.

There are multiple obvious places where feel comes in: using the aim line and CTE line together, “stepping” the CB, and pivoting, to name the obvious ones. You can prove me wrong by choosing any one of them and describing the precise steps that I can follow to do it without feel.

pj <- still waiting after all these years
chgo

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chgo
Only thing we are waiting on is for you to actually follow the described steps and actually perform a CTE shot. Then you could have a little bit of credibility with your opinions on CTE. I don’t put much faith in your keyboard opinion

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Let's assume you have a dead straight in shot from CB to OB to pocket. I mean you can see it like a laser beam was coming out of your eyes from both balls to the pocket. What part of it is FEEL? Do you need FEEL since it's all right there perfectly laid out?
Typical dodge.

We all know there are occasional shots that align with relatively easy-to-see alignments like straight-in and fractions. But we also know the vast majority of shots fall between those “system reference” alignments.

Get back to us when you can describe how CTE aims those shots without feel - and without dodging behind CTE’s mumbo jumbo “special language”.

I’m glad you can make it work (really) - but all you do here is advertise it.

pj
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Typical dodge.
NOPE! No dodge by me, but a typical dodge by YOU!
We all know there are occasional shots that align with relatively easy-to-see alignments like straight-in and fractions. But we also know the vast majority of shots fall between those “system reference” alignments.
Correct, and I was going to get there.
Get back to us when you can describe how CTE aims those shots without feel - and without dodging behind CTE’s mumbo jumbo “special language”.
I'm here right now, but YOU are doing the typical Pat Johnson Samba and allow it just to happen because of your closed know-it-all mind. I will get you there.
I’m glad you can make it work (really) - but all you do here is advertise it.

pj
chgo
No advertisement. Your chance to learn or not. You can do that or continue being a life long douche.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obviously CTE users make shots “with it” - I said “with it” must include feel.

The “logical” thing (since it’s CTE’s illogical claim) would be for you to describe aiming a shot with precise CTE steps that anybody can follow and make the shot without feel.

pj
chgo
CTE users have been telling you for years that is exactly what they do. Telling you again, with any level of detail or not, will prove nothing. You spew reasons it can't work but can't prove it, as well as claiming that feel must be involved for it to work, which is total bullchit. I walked my daughter throw a shot explaining what to look for at every step along the way, her visuals not mine, and she made the ball center pocket. She is not a pool player and so has no feel or reference to naturally adjust to. The visuals do not lie, it's all in how accurately one can do them. You talk about CTE like you know something about it, but what you actually say proves you do not. You quote Dr Dave all the time, well news flash, His explanation of CTE proves he don't know any more about it than you do. If you follow his instruction there is no doubt why it fails for you. You refuse to learn the system so you can claim ignorance when somebody calls you on it, so as a result it's working, you are still ignorant.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As you’ve said many times before, demonstrating each time that you don’t know what you’re saying.

There are multiple obvious places where feel comes in: using the aim line and CTE line together, “stepping” the CB, and pivoting, to name the obvious ones. You can prove me wrong by choosing any one of them and describing the precise steps that I can follow to do it without feel.

chgo
I have decided there probably aren't any steps that YOU can follow.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The single bit of interesting info in this retarded thread is to learn that there is lawnmower forum that has 115,000 members and that Dan belongs to it. That explains some things. Almost as humorous as gaming forums where people watch other people play video games.

BTW, I have Stan’s Center Pocket Music CTE book available in like-new condition for $65 shipped.

🤣😭🤣
Ding Ding Ding! You win the prize! I was wondering if someone would pick up on that. I guess that means I was baiting you.

It isn't a lawnmower forum as in "look at pics of my sexy Honda mower" but more a resource for repair. My mower cratered last summer and I thought it would be interesting to see if I could rebuild the engine. I had every part on that mower stripped down to the nut and bolt (except the transmission, thank God). I learned a heck of a lot about engines that I previously only kind of knew about. The whole repair only cost a couple hundred and the mower is about good as new.

Making this post more on topic, let's just say I can explain exactly how fuel turns into a blade cutting grass. It has nothing to do with magic eyeballs and unicorns. Living in reality is important.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lets start with number 1 and 1A
dan from all your history with your battle against CTE
i find it very hard to believe you you would be upset ....SAD.... to see poor volume on stans site
You're a doctor or something, right? You're smart enough to understand clearly written sentences. Please tell me where in 1 and 1A I was lamenting a lack of activity on Stan's site. For that matter, tell me where I said it was poor traffic.

2) because of assumption 1 and 1A i posted what i did
YOU EVEN AGREED WITH ME !!!!!!!!!
3) you had an agenda as you knew the stats.
.also you said "(aka the impenetrable fortress of solitude)"
which was a snide remark to me and i am sure was said with some (baiting /provacative/instigative/) intention
jmho
icbw
re the bold. Again, read what I wrote more carefully. I already covered this.

4) dan its funny because i too think there could be some subjectivity to CTE but i think your mission and time to protect everyone from"false advertising "
could be used to enjoy life
my attitude is
life is too short for aggravation...:)
jmho
icbw
Well it's a tough job but somebody's got to do it. You have it right about aggravation, though. This will be my last post to you. Regards.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I walked my daughter throw a shot explaining what to look for at every step along the way, her visuals not mine, and she made the ball center pocket.
Walk us through the same shot and I'll be happy to point out where feel comes in.

I have decided there probably aren't any steps that YOU can follow.
There aren't any steps at all, judging by all the CTE Defenders here who won't describe any.

pj
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Are you there yet?

pj <- crickets
chgo
I'm there, but you hide by way of double talk and what you think are witty little put downs like you always have.

Crickets? Yep, with you. Tell me exactly what you see in a dead straight in shot with your eyes on a dead straight in shot.

CB to OB to pocket along with cue and tip of cue.

How simple can it get?

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Walk us through the same shot and I'll be happy to point out where feel comes in.

There aren't any steps at all, judging by all the CTE Defenders here who won't describe any.

pj
chgo
you may point out where you feel you way is better and so decide to "feel" it, but you cannot prove it's necessary to make the ball. Just stop, you sound idiotic and desperate.

The CTE users probably paid and worked very hard to learn the required steps. Why in the world would anybody GIVE them to you?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
The CTE users probably paid and worked very hard to learn the required steps. Why in the world would anybody GIVE them to you?
No problem - it's clear by now, as usual, that there won't be any real conversation about CTE's claims.

Nice posturing with you guys, as usual.

pj
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I don't pay attention to the edges - the centers are all that's needed for that shot.

I'm not playing Spidey the Interviewer - make your point.

pj
chgo
That's true for this particular shot. However, this is where CTE and everything else is different. If you DON'T pay attention to edges you aren't going to understand the foundation for the system because you're aiming with either the RIGHT EDGE of the CB or the LEFT EDGE of the CB along with the CENTER of the CB simultaneously. And that's pretty much it in a nutshell for the very basic foundation of the system.

Since you want to be obstinate and a pain in the ass like you always are, I'll answer the question I asked of you. The RIGHT EDGE of the CB is lined up exactly on the RIGHT EDGE of the OB and the LEFT EDGE of the CB is lined up exactly on the LEFT EDGE of the CB. The CENTER of the CB is exactly in the CENTER of the OB.

So, what if we were to move that CB an inch or two to the right or left so the shot line if aimed center to center in now taking the OB to a point on the rail OUTSIDE of the pocket?

There's no FEEL involved. No Contact points involved. No fractions involved. You would now be aiming with either the right edge of the CB to a point on the OB or the left edge of the CB to a point on the OB depending on whether it was a cut to the right or left. At the same time, you would position your eyes head and body to be lining the center of the CB on a specific part on the OB. The EDGE and CENTER must be seen and positioned along with your eyes, body, and cue. Which is why the nose isn't exactly over the center of the cue like a "NOSER" used to playing that way for fractions or contact points with a little dusting of feel. You just can't use the EDGE. You just can't use the CENTER. They BOTH have their place on the OB.

This is the reader's digest edition. If you think it's bullshit...fine...I could give a shit. It really is pretty simple once learned but in the beginning it's tough to break old habits. Some people may just stick with what they do and also be better off. That's fine.
There is NO FEEL! It's the EDGE OF THE CB AND THE CENTER OF THE CB AT THE SAME TIME!

But DON'T tell me it's horseshit and couldn't possibly work when you haven't a clue how to set it up and see the two balls interacting in a way you've never seen it done before and don't want to. I CAN PROVE IT IF YOU FEEL SO SPUNKY AND CONFIDENT THAT IT DOESN'T WORK. THERE WILL BE A HEFTY CHUNK OF CHANGE INVOLVED THOUGH. Now, do your typical weasel job and high school putdowns.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
There's no FEEL involved. ... You would now be aiming with either the right edge of the CB to a point on the OB or the left edge of the CB to a point on the OB
And of course the system tells you in no uncertain terms exactly where that point on the OB is.

pj
chgo