Practice Halfball Shots Using Fractional Aiming With a Road Map

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This was well stated and makes perfect sense.

Here's a question for you and how you answer it will probably be the correct answer. Are we that use CTE or Shishkabob looking for and focusing on contact points, fractions, (other than 1/4 or 3/4 ball), ghost balls, arrows, lights, shadows?

Here's what you might not be able to answer if none of the above is what we look for. What are we looking at between CB and OB and how is it done? Btw, CTE and Shishkabob aren't very similar at all. (this is open for anyone to answer or attempt to answer that DOESN'T use CTE or Shishkabob.)

And what part(s) of the CB/CUE is/are linked to what is being seen on the OB?
I would like the answer from you spidey
I want to learn
Why do you ask me to answer my own questions?
If i knew the answer i wouldnt have to ask

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I would like the answer from you spidey
I want to learn
Why do you ask me to answer my own questions?
If i knew the answer i wouldnt have to ask
What I'm asking is for you to THINK and VISUALIZE. If YOU get down and look at the balls on the table as I described them, the answers are right there in front of you which then turns into a discovery. They call it the AH-HA moment.

Are we that use CTE or Shishkabob looking for and focusing on contact points, fractions, (other than 1/4 or 3/4 ball), ghost balls, arrows, lights, shadows? Answer: NO!

In this case for you, USE contact points or fractions.

Put an OB and CB on the table, anywhere for a few different cut angles. Tell me what you see between them for the different
angles. What on the CB is linked to what or where on the OB with contact points and/or fractions?

The point I'm trying to make is maybe, just MAYBE, Hal REVERSE ENGINEERED the visuals from imagined contact points or fractions to the easily seen two parts of the CB (center and edge) on the OB which would be the finished product if the contact points and fractions were exact. If they weren't exact, they'd be pretty close which is where pivoting or angled eye/head alignments can finalize the orientation between the two balls. It's a LOT EASIER to see the EDGE of the CB and the CENTER of the CB visually jumping out at you on the OB than imaginary matchups of contact points or fractions.

This is just me thinking. Try it and see.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I
What I'm asking is for you to THINK and VISUALIZE. If YOU get down and look at the balls on the table as I described them, the answers are right there in front of you which then turns into a discovery. They call it the AH-HA moment.

Are we that use CTE or Shishkabob looking for and focusing on contact points, fractions, (other than 1/4 or 3/4 ball), ghost balls, arrows, lights, shadows? Answer: NO!

Put an OB and CB on the table, anywhere for a few different cut angles. Tell me what you see between them for the different
angles. What on the CB is linked to what or where on the OB with contact points and/or fractions?

The point I'm trying to make is maybe, just MAYBE, Hal REVERSE ENGINEERED the visuals from imagined contact points or fractions to the easily seen two parts of the CB (center and edge) on the OB which would be the finished product if the contact points and fractions were exact. If they weren't exact, they'd be pretty close which is where pivoting or angled eye/head alignments can finalize the orientation between the two balls. This is just me thinking. Try it and see.
havent worked with shishkabob and not enough with cte to give a correct answer
Why wont you answer the question?
You can pm me if you want

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I

havent worked with shishkabob and not enough with cte to give a correct answer
Why wont you answer the question?
You can pm me if you want
Shiskabob is a completely different aiming method that CTE. It's more of a cue or stick aiming method with pivoting to specific spots on CB and OB.

You don't have to know diddly squat about CTE. Follow my directions in the other post about using contact points or fractions to line up a shot but before taking the shot, look down and take note of where the CB edge and CB center is on the OB.
THEY HAVE TO BE SOMEWHERE ON THE OB. THEY'RE THE MOST VISIBLE.

I want YOU to make the discovery! That's the answer to the question!

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The point I'm trying to make is maybe, just MAYBE, Hal REVERSE ENGINEERED the visuals from imagined contact points or fractions to the easily seen two parts of the CB (center and edge) on the OB which would be the finished product if the contact points and fractions were exact. If they weren't exact, they'd be pretty close which is where pivoting or angled eye/head alignments can finalize the orientation between the two balls. It's a LOT EASIER to see the EDGE of the CB and the CENTER of the CB visually jumping out at you on the OB than imaginary matchups of contact points or fractions.

Pivoting in CTE and Shiskabob makes them analog systems. Aiming at fractions is a digital system.

If you are aiming at fractions you can only be as precise as the system of measure allows. Aim 1/16 of a ball width over? That stretches the limit of what the eyes and mind can perceive.

Go directly to a specific point based on optical perception? That can be much more accurate.

It's like moving a mouse to a precise point on the keyboard vs trying to use the arrow keys moving 10px at a time to get to the exact point.

Another analogy is console gaming vs. pc gaming. With a mouse, you can move EXACTLY to the aim point you want. With a console joystick, you tell it to move a certain direction at a certain speed and have to stop it where you want.

Neither analogy is perfect but hopefully can convey the point I'm trying to make.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Pivoting in CTE and Shiskabob makes them analog systems. Aiming at fractions is a digital system.

If you are aiming at fractions you can only be as precise as the system of measure allows. Aim 1/16 of a ball width over? That stretches the limit of what the eyes and mind can perceive.

Go directly to a specific point based on optical perception? That can be much more accurate.

It's like moving a mouse to a precise point on the keyboard vs trying to use the arrow keys moving 10px at a time to get to the exact point.

Another analogy is console gaming vs. pc gaming. With a mouse, you can move EXACTLY to the aim point you want. With a console joystick, you tell it to move a certain direction at a certain speed and have to stop it where you want.

Neither analogy is perfect but hopefully can convey the point I'm trying to make.
Don't know how familiar or skilled you are with Shiskabob, but you are in fact using the eyes for optical perceptions. They are: CCB to COB; CCB to 1/4 ball; CCB to OB Edge. Edge of ferrule at CCB to COB; Pivot tip back to precise spot on CB now aimed at precise spot on OB. It's done visually the same exact way for ball alignments and cue alignments along with pivot throughout all cue angles. Does this qualify?

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shiskabob is a completely different aiming method that CTE. It's more of a cue or stick aiming method with pivoting to specific spots on CB and OB.

You don't have to know diddly squat about CTE. Follow my directions in the other post about using contact points or fractions to line up a shot but before taking the shot, look down and take note of where the CB edge and CB center is on the OB.
THEY HAVE TO BE SOMEWHERE ON THE OB. THEY'RE THE MOST VISIBLE.

I want YOU to make the discovery! That's the answer to the question!
I had mentioned to you in the past
If i aim making a half ball hit cutting the ball to the right
Then the center of the cue ball is aimed at the left edge of the object ball and the right edge of the Of the cue ball comes along and is aligned 1/2 ball over in this case to the center of the object
If i was making a 3/4 cut
The center of the cue ball would be aimed at the 3/4 mark and the edge of the cue ball would be aligned 1/2 ball over
In this case with the opposite 1/4mark
Now will you answer my question
what do YOU see?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
With contact points its different as i am perceiving the curvature of the cue ball to hit a spot on the object ball
Like if you put a quarter sticking out past the rail and asked me to hit the edge of the quarter
How would you aim that?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Then the center of the cue ball is aimed at the left edge of the object ball and the right edge of the Of the cue ball comes along and is aligned 1/2 ball over in this case to the center of the object
The center of the cue ball would be aimed at the 3/4 mark and the edge of the cue ball would be aligned 1/2 ball over
what do YOU see?
I think I see something that doesn't sound right on the second shot.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
With contact points its different as i am perceiving the curvature of the cue ball to hit a spot on the object ball
Like if you put a quarter sticking out past the rail and asked me to hit the edge of the quarter
How would you aim that?
I'd be aiming at something visible.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thank you for finally ending the 25 year debate. This is all we are saying. CTE gets you close and pivoting, as much or as little is needed, puts the ob in the pocket. It's the "as needed" part that is the trick. That requires repetition to know.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what do YOU see?
No offense bbb but this sounds like a keyboard opinion. Did you actually put the balls on table and study them?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for finally ending the 25 year debate. This is all we are saying. CTE gets you close and pivoting, as much or as little is needed, puts the ob in the pocket. It's the "as needed" part that is the trick. That requires repetition to know.
Does this mean you will go away now ?

Reactions: bbb

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No offense bbb but this sounds like a keyboard opinion. Did you actually put the balls on table and study them?
No offense taken cookie
I am out and about and yes this is from me imagining myself at the table
Would you mind answering the questions?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You know cookie in spitey I must admit that I am getting frustrated
I ask what I thought were simple and direct questions and instead of answers all I get is homework to do
Am I in a Zen monastery instead of the aiming forum😂

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know how familiar or skilled you are with Shiskabob, but you are in fact using the eyes for optical perceptions. They are: CCB to COB; CCB to 1/4 ball; CCB to OB Edge. Edge of ferrule at CCB to COB; Pivot tip back to precise spot on CB now aimed at precise spot on OB. It's done visually the same exact way for ball alignments and cue alignments along with pivot throughout all cue angles. Does this qualify?
I think that is what I was trying to say... :)

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know cookie in spitey I must admit that I am getting frustrated
I ask what I thought were simple and direct questions and instead of answers all I get is homework to do
Am I in a Zen monastery instead of the aiming forum😂
At least at a monastery there would be a vow of silence. I would hope that would extend to Internet forums...:D

Reactions: bbb

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No offense taken cookie
I am out and about and yes this is from me imagining myself at the table
Would you mind answering the questions?
No. But the fact is questions have been answered over and over. When will any of you guys just take it to the table instead of relying on keyboard opinions