My 2 cents on aiming systems

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The point is there doesn't seem to be any reason to do what Tyler does if you read Stan's book on CTE. I don' t have the book so maybe it is mentioned in passing somewhere on page 945 in the third paragraph, but it is not a part of the steps taught to perform CTE. In other words, if he is doing that then he seems to be relying on something else other than just CTE to pocket the ball.

I have a feeling that if he were interviewed and asked specific questions about CTE he would start out the way virtually all of them do -- "Well, the way I use CTE is like this ..."
The book covers 3 methods extensively, and hints at the possibility of combining or even omitting certain steps in one method that may or may not be inserted by a similar step in a different method, and then there is also the Bustamante 1/2 ball pivot method which also gets fair mention. There is no "thing that all of them do" that is a requirement, and certainly not a telltale sign. It's a completely visible system, nothing more. How a user ends up with the correct visual is up to them.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The book covers 3 methods extensively, and hints at the possibility of combining or even omitting certain steps in one method that may or may not be inserted by a similar step in a different method, and then there is also the Bustamante 1/2 ball pivot method which also gets fair mention. There is no "thing that all of them do" that is a requirement, and certainly not a telltale sign. It's a completely visible system, nothing more. How a user ends up with the correct visual is up to them.
Good Lord.
Bustamante strokes on the left side of the cue ball.
It's not CTE or pivoting aiming method.
He grew up doing that in hiding what spin he uses in some shots.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Who interviewed Bustamante on his aiming system?
Why left to right only ?
He can't even explain deflection in English.
I hope you had a Tagalog speaker.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does that mean? Which systems aren't "completely visible"?

pj
chgo
Actually that was a typo error on my part, I meant "visual", but the meaning is that all aiming is done with visuals relative to the object ball. The aiming visuals can be arrived at either standing behind the shot, or down on the shot, depending on the method. The only true "aiming" required is aiming at center cue ball.

That is as far as I am going with this topic because the material is all available for free to anyone really interested in it and has been for years. I don't try to convince anyone to use it or not to. I don't care how anyone else aims. I comment on statements that I personally know are misleading and/or just plain incorrect.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
I don't know, or care.

Because he chooses to, it really doesn't matter as far as I know.

Really?

WTF is that?
Ok, so nobody asked him why he does it
I've posted video of his explaining how he aims .
And he's told my brother's best friend who sponsored him at the Mohegan Sun why he developed that HABIT of stroking to the left side of the cue ball
CTErs claim it's an aiming system.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is this post any different that what Cookie and Spidey do?

(I already know the answer)
Actually, when you said you made a typo and corrected it to a "visual" system you made a lot more sense. CTE teaches certain specific "visuals" that are supposed to put the ball in the pocket. Nobody ever makes the distinction that you did. It's not "visual" as in use your eyes. It's "visual" as in use the three or four alignments between cb and ob (called "visuals").

If I now called your grandmother something nasty then my posts would be no different from the deleted ones.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn....I guess it got hot up in here! Lol
Let's just say this thread got ironic in a hurry. The OP presented his reasoned perspective on the aiming forum and the next thing you know two guys get themselves banned in that same thread! It would be hilarious if it weren't sad.