Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
It is pool. You think it cared about keeping records? You spent too much time at school fantasy land.

When I watch events I keep my own stats because there are no statisticians on site. In college sports it is standard to have statisticians document everything, from attendance to time the match ends.

The problem with pool is the history of poorly kept statistics of innings, matches and player performance metrics. The only exception is accustats.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I watch events I keep my own stats because there are no statisticians on site. In college sports it is standard to have statisticians document everything, from attendance to time the match ends.

The problem with pool is the history of poorly kept statistics of innings, matches and player performance metrics. The only exception is accustats.
IDGAF what you do when you watch any videos.

Please stop being so naive. Pool in America was a fringe activity with a bunch of cowboys running around getting wasted and stealing money.

Who dafuk do you think the record keeper should be and what is the incentive for anyone to do it?

You'll note the issue of data integrity hasn't yet been considered...here's a spoiler: gonna have a pretty low rate of confidence.

justnum

Silver Member
IDGAF what you do when you watch any videos.

Please stop being so naive. Pool in America was a fringe activity with a bunch of cowboys running around getting wasted and stealing money.

Who dafuk do you think the record keeper should be and what is the incentive for anyone to do it?

You'll note the issue of data integrity hasn't yet been considered...here's a spoiler: gonna have a pretty low rate of confidence.

In other sports giving fans something to notice is what statistics does.

Pool is unique in that it has more applied physics being shown. When it comes to physics there are laws and limits. However the pool world has almost exclusively measured only wins and losses.

Only experienced players will know if a table is true or not. This is why better metrics are needed in the pool world.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Consider 14.1 exhibition hi-run Part I, II, III, by gerryf_ 650 total views, not even one(1) reply. No one gives a shit for pool stats. Once finished, it’s over and on down the road to the next event.
Winner take all.
Mush-On.
Truth.

Some things are best left undocumented in the real world, for many reasons and from many perspectives.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Bull-sheetoe.

Why do you make this stuff up?

Lou Figueroa
Not cool to charge me with mis speaking or telling a fib Lou - save that accu for yer pal chamberland' - if you do not believe me drive west and see this table foe yerself. The slate actually has a chip in it over near the long rail - nothing but an air barrel to place palm. Again if you are claiming this as conjecture - travel West young Man, you would be wise to not even make pretend that I am not a Man of my word Lou - that is a no no. I have competed in One Pocket against you, I am able to see a persons Humanity/personality mas than most. Your not a Jerk, so a por favor here from Dan - Do Not charge me with a lie - I am honest. As a matter of fact - I land - on betting the sparkling sands of the diamond desert on it. Plus I am an early riser thesis days and I probly run 100's in 14.1 - before you've even had your morning espresso. In my view any production as of late from bca is just castles in the sand - even though ya'll and the bca are playing the musek' - not everyone must dance.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
If you compare publicly available records on the internet by American 14.1, WPA or AZBILLIARDS, there are no records of highest 14.1 runout in competition. Point being anyone can set a new record and call it a first.

We all know who the billiard historians are on the forum. Would any proper news agency call a single post on the internet a verified source?

For those of you that know the answer to the question, the dilemma non billiard historians face is, why didn't you document it? To write down the inning of a match or the duration of a high run is pretty easy with today's technology.

All the data from a single 14.1 tournament might be less than 12 kilobytes data.

Dan Harriman's reasoning stands, why is the billiard industry bad at documentation? From documenting standards, documenting events, documenting innings, documenting match lengths, and documenting rules for high run records its like oblivious to details of fact and mostly summarized data points.
This is correct, few months back I completed a decent run on the Diamond factory pro spec pockets - it was recorded - for both Open Public and Semi Public to see in video disc form. The now defunct live stream teem' looked online to try and determine what the high run was on the Diamond (blue label) with 41/2" pockets. They came up with kind of an empty search? The way 14.1 Billiard Records are Documented - is sketchy to say the least. According to them it was like high runs in 14.1 were not well documented, it turned out that Melling (Champion) had a run on the Diamond slightly better. But again they did the search and it was like someone was guarding the information?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member

I agree, Pat Fleming was always Honest and gave me 10% of every tape he sold with my name on it. Before the social media flies tripped on the scene with their free streams and often poor commentary - Accu Stats was the real deal, they helped make even a game like 9 ball look professional. Stats are important to the Open Public, Pat was good in Straight Pool and a true student of the game.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
This is correct, few months back I completed a decent run on the Diamond factory pro spec pockets - it was recorded - for both Open Public and Semi Public to see in video disc form. The now defunct live stream teem' looked online to try and determine what the high run was on the Diamond (blue label) with 41/2" pockets. They came up with kind of an empty search? The way 14.1 Billiard Records are Documented - is sketchy to say the least. According to them it was like high runs in 14.1 were not well documented, it turned out that Melling (Champion) had a run on the Diamond slightly better. But again they did the search and it was like someone was guarding the information?
oh, that time you made the double hit on the stack shot, yeah not compact disc format, online stream

justnum

Silver Member
Dan makes a clear case if 14.1 is to be taken serious, better records and stats should be kept on official billiard industry websites.

If the billiard industry hasnt been doing proper record keeping its likely they dont know how to keep proper records.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Admittedly I did not see Jay's post on this thread. As you stated, I have never doubted Mosconi's run, nor will I ever. I was merely using that as an example to refute his statement.

As far as if the table was doctored for Shaw's run, I believe it is conjecture as well but that's just my opinion. As you said, the BCA doesn't have standardized requirements for the table so, in my opinion, it shouldn't matter what the specs are as long as the run is documented.
I am sure you think it's ok to alter or install new facings rubber for the pocket than factory as well, or that a player can just move the rack to suite what ever breakshot is avail. Maybe u could get a job at the bca - they too have no standard for what a pro pocket is - u'd be right at home wit them. Your lack of standard for pocket or table spec integrity tells me that your a weak player. I guess 9 inch pockets would suffice if yer disciples at the bca said so? U admit u mis spoke earlier bout not seein Jay's post On This Thread - interesting how people who ask many rhetorical questions often times make false statements - regaurding the Truth. Doing well - hue bot the acl?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Ok Dan.
You have a great day now.
Try and run 400, you can do it!
Justnum believes in you!
Oh I thought in the other post u said I was never going to run 400 - did u'r mush slip of yer cracker or did u just switch from Guinness to moonshine? I think u have issues mate, I really could have long discussions bout luck. I believe knowledge hangs around yer neck like chains instead of turquoise. Maybe there are other forums where u can type about all the material crud u own. As I said yer just a dandy with a cue, I would run over u like a penny on a train track playing 14.1 - people who try and be big wigs on social media plate - are really suffering from something - I hope it gets better for you. If u r going to try and pay me a compliment bout my game - I would start by - apologize for being u - that way we know it's genuine. Yer trolling this thread has become evident.

Last edited:

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool in America was a fringe activity with a bunch of cowboys running around getting wasted and stealing money.
Black-Balled said: Pool in America was a fringe activity with a bunch of cowboys running around getting wasted and stealing money.

Colorful and largely accurate for the times. Anyone deeply familiar with everything that's Mosconi-related knows that Willie himself frequently and ruefully expressed exactly the same sentiment. And commendably, he worked tirelessly for many years to improve the general public's perception of what the sport offered -- and could be.

Arnaldo
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh I thought in the other post u said I was never going to run 400 - did u'r mush slip of yer cracker or did u just switch from Guinness to moonshine? I think u have issues mate, I really could have long discussions bout luck. I believe knowledge hangs around yer neck like chains instead of turquoise. Maybe there are other forums where u can type about all the material crud u own. As I said yer just a dandy with a cue, I would run over u like a penny on a train track playing 14.1 - people who try and be big wigs on social media plate - are really suffering from something - I hope it gets better for you. If u r going to try and pay me a compliment bout my game - I would start by - apologize for being u - that way we know it's genuine. Yer trolling this thread has become evident.
Megalomania: its a sign of something.

ACL

I am sure you think it's ok to alter or install new facings rubber for the pocket than factory as well, or that a player can just move the rack to suite what ever breakshot is avail. Maybe u could get a job at the bca - they too have no standard for what a pro pocket is - u'd be right at home wit them. Your lack of standard for pocket or table spec integrity tells me that your a weak player. I guess 9 inch pockets would suffice if yer disciples at the bca said so? U admit u mis spoke earlier bout not seein Jay's post On This Thread - interesting how people who ask many rhetorical questions often times make false statements - regaurding the Truth. Doing well - hue bot the acl?
I will take this a point at a time.

I never said I thought it was OK to alter a table. Not once. All I did was offer my opinion based on how well I know Jayson. He is a person of integrity and would not align himself with any person or entity that would do what you're suggesting.

Moving the rack is another matter entirely and that video shows how much integrity the person who moved it has. I have never done it and I don't associate with anyone who would do it.

As far as the BCA, you made my point for me. It is their job to establish those standards, not mine. I have plenty of respect for table specs and integrity. You don't know me and I don't know you. I have not questioned your integrity and you have ZERO reason to question mine.

I am nowhere near the player you are nor have I ever claimed to be. Regrettably I was away from the sport for 30 years. I have worked my ass off for the last two years and have made significant strides but still have a long way to go. Compared to you, and I'm sure most of the people in this thread, I am weak. That said, you will know you're in a match when you play me. That I can promise you.

Your 9" pocket statement is ridiculous beyond words and is not worth discussing more than this sentence.

Please refresh my memory when I made a false statement. I offered my opinion. We all live in a two story house and somewhere in the middle lies the truth. As far as Jay's post, excuse me for missing it in the more than 200 pages of posts and all the BS that goes along with it. I admitted I didn't see it, took you at your word, and moved on. Let me also remind you that I never questioned Mosconi's record. Not one frickin' time.

Your last sentence is damn close to being unreadable but I think you're asking me if I am doing well (either that or you think I am a bot). I am doing quite well, thank you for asking.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will take this a point at a time.

I never said I thought it was OK to alter a table. Not once. All I did was offer my opinion based on how well I know Jayson. He is a person of integrity and would not align himself with any person or entity that would do what you're suggesting.

Moving the rack is another matter entirely and that video shows how much integrity the person who moved it has. I have never done it and I don't associate with anyone who would do it.

As far as the BCA, you made my point for me. It is their job to establish those standards, not mine. I have plenty of respect for table specs and integrity. You don't know me and I don't know you. I have not questioned your integrity and you have ZERO reason to question mine.

I am nowhere near the player you are nor have I ever claimed to be. Regrettably I was away from the sport for 30 years. I have worked my ass off for the last two years and have made significant strides but still have a long way to go. Compared to you, and I'm sure most of the people in this thread, I am weak. That said, you will know you're in a match when you play me. That I can promise you.

Your 9" pocket statement is ridiculous beyond words and is not worth discussing more than this sentence.

Please refresh my memory when I made a false statement. I offered my opinion. We all live in a two story house and somewhere in the middle lies the truth. As far as Jay's post, excuse me for missing it in the more than 200 pages of posts and all the BS that goes along with it. I admitted I didn't see it, took you at your word, and moved on. Let me also remind you that I never questioned Mosconi's record. Not one frickin' time.

Your last sentence is damn close to being unreadable but I think you're asking me if I am doing well (either that or you think I am a bot). I am doing quite well, thank you for asking.
What are you, thick?

Dan's post clearly stated, 'I am sure'. Right there on top.

Is that not enough support for his position?

LOL.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan makes a clear case if 14.1 is to be taken serious, better records and stats should be kept on official billiard industry websites.

If the billiard industry hasnt been doing proper record keeping its likely they dont know how to keep proper records.
You live in a fantasy land. All of pool is 'taken serious [sic]'. It

What are the 'offcial billiard industry websites'? What incentive do they have to take up the task?

In the real world, 'how to?' is a question preceded by 'why would ?', a fact/ question you fail to address.

When I watch i keep my own records:You said that. Can you tell the class how that act might influence an entity's choice to undertake recordkeeping for a sport?

Reactions: ACL
Status
Not open for further replies.