Silver Member
I heard a player mention it but was unable to ask him about it

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe the See System was based on shadows. The author still has a website. Darren Appleton used to endorse it.

Reactions: bbb

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
It's using the shadows under the OB (made by the table's lights) as "references", like using the lights reflected on the OB's surface the same way.

Both techniques have the same flaw - aiming references need to be consistent (like fractional alignments), but shadows and light reflections move in relation to the OB from table to table (with different lights) and even from position to position on the same table.

pj
chgo

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's using the shadows under the OB (made by the table's lights) as "references", like using the lights reflected on the OB's surface the same way.

Both techniques have the same flaw - aiming references need to be consistent (like fractional alignments), but shadows and light reflections move in relation to the OB from table to table (with different lights) and even from position to position on the same table.

pj
chgo
Yup. I wonder how those systems work with the new Predator lights which are a rectangular donut shape.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Well I dunno, I have a rectangular Diamond light, but I never see rectangular shadows under the balls.
No matter how a light is applied to a sphere…it goes around it in the same fashion. The shadow can be stretched out but where it actually exits the bottom of the ball is going to be in the same place as you look objectively at it from diff positions.

Even if it’s not centered.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No matter how a light is applied to a sphere…it goes around it in the same fashion. The shadow can be stretched out but where it actually exits the bottom of the ball is going to be in the same place as you look objectively at it from diff positions.

Even if it’s not centered.
hi Keebie
hope all is well
Happy Holidays
unfortunatly your old pm's to me are lost and my search at the time i posted this couldnt find your old thread
fortunately i did find it this morning as you posting reminded me of it
in that thread you said
"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of doubt my cue shalt lead and I will fear no evil"
be well my friend
larry

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
No matter how a light is applied to a sphere…
Does "how a light is applied" mean from what angle? Or what?

it goes around it in the same fashion.
What does "goes around it" mean?

The shadow can be stretched out
What does "stretched out" mean?

but where it actually exits the bottom of the ball is going to be in the same place
What does "exits the bottom of the ball" mean?

pj
chgo

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you play on a table with three- or four-bulb lighting, you will get three or four distinct shadows under the object ball. I wonder how you decide which one to use. Does any shadow aiming system take into account the number of bulbs? And then there is the new Predator light mentioned above.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
hi Keebie
hope all is well
Happy Holidays
unfortunatly your old pm's to me are lost and my search at the time i posted this couldnt find your old thread
fortunately i did find it this morning as you posting reminded me of it
in that thread you said
"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of doubt my cue shalt lead and I will fear no evil"
be well my friend
larry
I’m doing well my friend. Works been great, wonderful team of fellas I work with out there! And I rebuilt a 79 Brunswick prestige 9’ they had out there. Artemis intercontinental 66 cushion, Simonis 860hr….subrails extended, 4” pocket 140° corners. Eats balls nicely, banks great and is quick quick!

I told em what I could do to restore the very damaged table conoco bought their b crew in 79 and they bought my spiel hook line and sinker 😍.

I told no one I was tightening up the e pockets 😂…..like I told them tho

You’ll get over it….if you need some buckets I’ll give you some balls and you can go up on the heliport and shoot some into the ocean. 🤷‍♂️😉

The guys take care of the table and keep it brushed and covered. Took me about 6 months working on it here and there after hours during my hero week hitches….she’s a real peach now.

Happy holidays to you my friend. I sent you a message on FB messenger.

Best wishes,
-Keeb

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Does "how a light is applied" mean from what angle? Or what?

What does "goes around it" mean?

What does "stretched out" mean?

What does "exits the bottom of the ball" mean?

pj
chgo
Not today, but I’ll come hold your hand before Christmas ole buddy ol pal 😉

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
If you play on a table with three- or four-bulb lighting, you will get three or four distinct shadows under the object ball. I wonder how you decide which one to use. Does any shadow aiming system take into account the number of bulbs? And then there is the new Predator light mentioned above.
You just know….if a guy knows. If he knows what he's doing and why and if he can make it come off. and he KNOWS... just feels... when to let it go and how much. Cause he's got everything workin' for 'im: timing, touch. It's a great feeling, boy, it's a real great feeling when you're right and you KNOW you're right!

Knowwhutimean Vern?
😉

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m doing well my friend. Works been great, wonderful team of fellas I work with out there! And I rebuilt a 79 Brunswick prestige 9’ they had out there. Artemis intercontinental 66 cushion, Simonis 860hr….subrails extended, 4” pocket 140° corners. Eats balls nicely, banks great and is quick quick!

I told em what I could do to restore the very damaged table conoco bought their b crew in 79 and they bought my spiel hook line and sinker 😍.

I told no one I was tightening up the e pockets 😂…..like I told them tho

You’ll get over it….if you need some buckets I’ll give you some balls and you can go up on the heliport and shoot some into the ocean. 🤷‍♂️😉

The guys take care of the table and keep it brushed and covered. Took me about 6 months working on it here and there after hours during my hero week hitches….she’s a real peach now.

Happy holidays to you my friend. I sent you a message on FB messenger.

Best wishes,
-Keeb
I am off facebook keeb
Probably i wont see it
Merry christmas
Larry
Check your pm

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started using the shadows sometime in the past couple of years for some shots. The way I do it is to simply pick a spot to look at for my eyes to focus on. For those shots where you have to aim off the OB, I found that by looking at a spot on the table where the center of the CB goes (before any squirt, or curve) my eyes wouldn't steer my stroke crooked. Sometimes some part of the shadow happens to fall in the perfect place. So in my case, I'm not using the shadow to dictate where to aim. I already know where I want to aim, and if an edge of the shadow falls there, I'll lock my eye onto that spot and get a straighter stroke. Same thing sometimes there will be a divet or chalk mark on the table that falls on the exact aim spot, and I'll lock my eyes there.