2023 World Pool Championship, Kielce, Poland

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Morra

I think he's the number #1 enemy of the pool gods. He was already one of the hardest working guys in pool, then he switched to left-handed and manages to climb back to playing world-class speed, BUT I swear I've never seen a player fold against him, or him luck his way through a match or two. Now I'm sure it has happened but it just seems like the guy gets a lot of bad rolls. I've seen him get close to the finish line so often and come up a just a bit short. If ever there was a player that deserved the favor of the pool gods it's this guy. Maybe he'll get a big win soon.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rooting for hoang but whoever wins of the two it's a win for pool. two new names in the top heap. wu kun lin is playing brilliant pool. the syrian sidewinder soufi is also making a name for himself - very entertaining player!

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
soufi just had the luckiest rack ever. wow

albin is more and more looking like he's sporting what we in sweden call a "robin hood hairdo" - taking from the rich and giving to the poor.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if the older, double world Champion, Wu regrets switching from Taiwan to China years ago. He's been in lockdown the past 3 years, missing all these new MR events.

BlueRaider

Registered

albin is more and more looking like he's sporting what we in sweden call a "robin hood hairdo" - taking from the rich and giving to the poor.
Albin's greatest comeback didn't happen on a pool table, it happened on top of his head.

Albin-Ouschan.jpg

Majik89d

Registered

Some unreal luck in a single rack on that stage of play, unbelievable. And now a break and run and he is on the hill, after being down 8-5. :oops:

VVP

Registered
Wu puts away Hoang. It could be an all Taiwan final, if Wu and Chang go the distance.
It was all about the break. Hoang did not do well and Wu did excellent on the break with couple of luck on the lowest ball being available. Hoang also made couple mistakes but the match was never close.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
(Blah blah blah)
When you learn to discuss topics on here while remaining respectful, you may find a member who welcomes and possibly even respects your opinion. From reading your recent posts, I feel that is unlikely to happen any time soon.

weakfingers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have to believe that Niels or Soufi winning would be the biggest stories of the event.
I say this as a big Niels Feijen fan, but why? He won the event in 2014, whereas anyone else would be a first time winner. Wu Kun Lin and Soufi are dark horses in my mind and would bring a lot of excitement if they won. Chang/FSR too even though they're big names in the pool world at the moment, would be first time winners.

(Edit: sorry, Niels won in 2014, not 2013)

891014+1

Soufi... No words needed! It represents all "don't do that" stuff! And means pool is not as rule of thumb as we try to establish. Very well done.