SVB/Chohan Updates

Dave714

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony would be a great fit for the Mosconi. Dude can handle the pressure better than anyone. He can play some pretty good rotation and a race to 5 he can definitely beat anyone.

I also think if he was selected he would take it a little more seriously. He's a better pick than a lot of other players that have been selected in the past.
Probably not!!

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right, how often people win and lose to each other, how could that possibly tell us anything about how good players are in comparison to each other.
It helps describe that show and many of its players. Nothing about any competition show can determine the gooderest.

Bahgs

Tony is a warrior and never gives up, but he doesn't seem to have it tonight. He's a fighter though, would not be surprised to see him turn it around. Shane has played very well.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Given the circumstances, maybe Tony should have postponed the match.
Probably a consideration but I bet there is a lot involved in that also.
I hope Tony gets to spend time with the family and gets past such a crushing time for him. I think he is a strong man but it will take time.
Losing a close family member can be one of the hardest things to go through, losing a pool match to Shane...not so much.

Reactions: bbb

Uniballpenman

Registered
He should have postponed the match, Shane could have spotted him 6 games and still won this match.

Live Tony when he's right, but that just doesn't happen anymore. Sucks that death happened, but so many people bet good money on an honest game, willingly playing it subpar is no good. He needs to be 100% on to best Shane. Even then....

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not my call, they have a biz to run.

Starting early and someone dying are 2 completely unrelated things

Good try tho, try again-you lose.
I am well-aware that there are no ethics in business, but that doesn't mean that every business will make the choice to act unethically.

Many of us know exactly what type of business Omega runs and will not ever spend a quarter with them.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am well-aware that there are no ethics in business, but that doesn't mean that every business will make the choice to act unethically.

Many of us know exactly what type of business Omega runs and will not ever spend a quarter with them.
Idk about omega,

What I do know is if they started playing early everyone who paid for the stream would be crying about the early start.

No matter what everyone will be pissed off-that’s pool.

And people still think pool has a chance……

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Idk about omega,

What I do know is if they started playing early everyone who paid for the stream would be crying about the early start.

No matter what everyone will be pissed off-that’s pool.

And people still think pool has a chance……
Tony wanted to start early because his cousin's funeral is tomorrow at 10am. Shane agreed. Omega said no.

Most people following the stream are aware of what's going on.

But, like you said, business is business. :rolleyes: