US Open 9-Ball, 2023, Atlantic City, Sep 25-30

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Frost and Karl were talking about Ko's tip, and they seemed to imply all of the Taiwanese player's tips. That the tip is super tall, and the full 13mm.

It must be a byproduct of the Southwest days is my guess.

i still think he's maple shaft, only different custom. maple still works it appears 😉

ko is flawless. i hope the chairs are comfy

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After the 3 pack, Ko ran out of shots and played a safe. Yapp came to the table for the first time since rack 1 with a kick. (easy kick). But left a shot.

5-0.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i still think he's maple shaft, only different custom. maple still works it appears 😉

ko is flawless. i hope the chairs are comfy
Yes, I believe so. I think Zen Custom Cues makes both Ko's cues. (IDK if also the 3rd Ko). Yapp has a Mezz patch on his shirt. His ferrule looks 1" long, so IDK if that is a standard deflection?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko running out from everywhere
Nobody breaking like this...1 going in everytime

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
This is pretty crazy from Ko. Yapp has been to the table like 3 times with Ko leading 7-0.

Ko has the break pretty much dialed in to near perfection.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko plays a safe rather than go for a thin cut (I thought he should have went for it). Yapp back to the table with a kick. Hits it great. Leaves Ko tree topped and long. But Ko gets it safe. Yapp back again and kicking. The only thing he can do is whack it, and he does. Leaves a shot and Ko runs out a very tricky layout.

8-0.

Last 3 innings by Yapp were kick shots. IDK in the first game did he have a clear shot? I missed it.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko plays a push to a jump shot combo on the 2-9. Yapp doesn't like it and gives it back. Ko makes the hit, misses the 9, and shits a safe. Yapp back again kicking.

His last innings over I think 8 games were: kick, kick, kick, give back push, kick.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yapp had one more inning, another kick. Makes the hit but leaves a shot.

9-0.

Not counting game 1, Yapp's innings:
kick, kick, kick, give back push, kick, kick.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a commercial break. Well at this point Yapp himself might want to lose 11-0, rather than have to fight back.