AZ use to be mostly Pool n Cue Sports

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Actually Robin you must be logged in to view photos, send and receive pms.

NPR is not available to guests, or to members not logged in.
Like Robin said, it is not even on the forums list unless you are logged in.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then stay out of that forum and provide some worthwhile content in this forum instead of complaining.
Content?

You mean antivax lunacy, racism, anti gay sentiment, outrageous conspiracy spam from alt sources and general intolerance.

Some of you people have over 100k posts of nothing more than copy and paste hot garbage. It’s a hate platform.

He tried to curb politics and most of you melted down over the request forcing Mike to make a full time job of policing the posts and administering temporary bans to those refusing to play by the rules of his forum.

That entire sub section needs to be removed. It’s a black eye on AZ and of no benefit to billiards at all.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Content?

You mean antivax lunacy, racism, anti gay sentiment, outrageous conspiracy spam from alt sources and general intolerance.

Some of you people have over 100k posts of nothing more than copy and paste hot garbage. It’s a hate platform.

He tried to curb politics and most of you melted down over the request forcing Mike to make a full time job of policing the posts and administering temporary bans to those refusing to play by the rules of his forum.

That entire sub section needs to be removed. It’s a black eye on AZ and of no benefit to billiards at all.
In my honest opinion, NPR needs a politics section, BUT it needs to be password protected, meaning you have to put in another password for only NPR political content. That or you can only get in with moderator approval or something. It should not show up in any new posts and such. Just a separate containment board where those who want to can eat hot garbage directly. The sad part is, there is never any real discussion of politics and political systems there, it's just rampant tribalism and people trying to shock each other.

Off topic forums can be a real great place to share other interests and learn a lot of things. Ours is just basically people trying to sneak in the most political BS without getting a ban.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... When I do come to AZB and hit new posts, and it all NPR Bull***it is not what forum was years ago. ,,,
If you do not want to see those posts at all, you're doing it wrong. You should "Follow" the forums you want to read. Your main page to see the forums should be your "followed forums" page. It will show you only the forums you follow and whether there are new posts in each forum. You can avoid NPR entirely that way.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Content?

Why do you and Coco have trouble with the existence of NPR?....just don’t go there.
....and don’t bring it here....it’s not rocket science.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Well I said I was done with NPR a while back, if I want News there is many News sources.

I am tired of hearing arguments about Covid, Vaccines, and Covid News.

Thing is most of these discussion are between people on both sides of story, problem, political parties.

Few people budge from what they believe, how they vote, or who they support in White House or as local Dig Catcher.

Yes the arguments, name calling and drama persists.

Arizona Billiard Forum is or should be thing related to Cue sports, IMHO.

People who have been around this forum for long time seem to have left for some place else, when a large part of this forums content became NOT ABOUT POOL & CUE SPORTS.
Whats wrong with you? Seriously

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Actually Robin you must be logged in to view photos, send and receive pms.

Like I said a while back on NPR and I forget what the discussion was. Me done on this sub forum. Yes I stuck to my six shooter.

When I do come to AZB and hit new posts, and it all NPR Bull***it is not what forum was years ago.

Don’t need to see some transgender is thinking about turning around sex change, or the taking down 150 year old war memorial because it’s offensive.

Like I said Forum was nothing but Pool Forum long ago, worked just fine. IMHO.🧐

I agree the poster that was posting that mess seems to have left the building because the rest of us got tired of it as well.
I don't why he left but he was chided over it pretty hard. Maybe he finally got the message.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well here is a suggestion for STATE SUB forum, all 50.

Could publicize local armature, or pro events, also weekly tournament's, and last leagues.

Could be vehicle to build part of Pool up.

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Why do you and Coco have trouble with the existence of NPR?....just don’t go there.
....and don’t bring it here....it’s not rocket science.
I think forums of that type are a legitimate concern though.

On the internet in general, the worst of that type of content has been very successful at misleading people, or needling people into taking extreme and intolerant stands. Not just making society more toxic, but in the covid era, killing people. Mostly killing the people who fall for the fake news or the manipulation tactics, but they sure as hell don't deserve to die because of that.

I say this having lost a friend to covid because he fell for the antivax bull, and TBH I'm so f***ing angry.

Unfortunately, if you want free speech it's hard to see how it can be stopped. The methods used in organized disinformation are inherently dishonest, so 'the good guys' can't fight fire with fire, even if they understood how to. Instead you get feeble attempts to provide information that just get ignored.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think forums of that type are a legitimate concern though.

On the internet in general, the worst of that type of content has been very successful at misleading people, or needling people into taking extreme and intolerant stands. Not just making society more toxic, but in the covid era, killing people. Mostly killing the people who fall for the fake news or the manipulation tactics, but they sure as hell don't deserve to die because of that.

I say this having lost a friend to covid because he fell for the antivax bull, and TBH I'm so f***ing angry.

Unfortunately, if you want free speech it's hard to see how it can be stopped. The methods used in organized disinformation are inherently dishonest, so 'the good guys' can't fight fire with fire, even if they understood how to. Instead you get feeble attempts to provide information that just get ignored.
This thread should be taken down now. Comments like yours are just as divisive as the ones you're angry about. In the Main Forum, no one gives ONE SINGLE SHIT about your stance on COVID. Not one...

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you never hung around a good pool hall with many regulars? They’re like an everyman’s club.
Every subject that is possible has been discussed....at least in the ones I played at.
....and life long friendships were established.
Poolrooms are the most diverse places on earth.
That is their beauty.
I was thrilled when my son started playing pool.
He got me back in the game after 40 plus years off and I was thrilled to introduce him to poolroom culture.
It teaches you who to get along with and who to just tolerate.
There is an education to be found in a poolroom that you will not get anywhere else that I know of.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
This thread should be taken down now. Comments like yours are just as divisive as the ones you're angry about. In the Main Forum, no one gives ONE SINGLE SHIT about your stance on COVID. Not one...

Apparently you are anti free speech, I just think NPR needs to go.

Use to belong to firearms forum, easy rules was FIREARMS & RELATED ITEMS.

Discussion of News, Politics, or anything else was one warning, then the boot.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Well here is a suggestion for STATE SUB forum, all 50.

Could publicize local armature, or pro events, also weekly tournament's, and last leagues.
That's actually a half decent idea, might prove both popular and useful for discussions and news etc of a more local context and content. Good job Coco.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Apparently you are anti free speech, I just think NPR needs to go.

Use to belong to firearms forum, easy rules was FIREARMS & RELATED ITEMS.

Discussion of News, Politics, or anything else was one warning, then the boot.
Not anti-free speech... anti-dumbass...

Most forums have a section for off topic discussions. NPR may have became mostly political, but you can still create a thread there about pretty much anything.

You are doing an awful lot of bitching considering you have posted in NPR and a lot on the topic of covid and politics.