Searing Cue

mr magoo

sad state of affairs and even sadder dennis allowed someone to get $2,000 for simply doing what should have been done within the first couple years admitting he had bitten off more than he could chew, totally
Hey Gambler67...and all AZERS...The truth is a little complicated. But here it goes.
First Mr Searing is honest and one of the nicest people you could meet. I've kinda learned to except him the way he is. IMHO

Dennis was told,----by guy2,----( he had purchased the cue from me)‐--giving Dennis my name and description of the cues (that i supplyed) Dennis ships the cues to his trusting friend. Dennis did not sell it or make a dime from this transaction.
I would bet Dennis even paid the shipping.

Guy2 received the cues from Dennis. Guy2 Tells guy1 to offer me xxxx money for the cues. (Guy2 is just in the deal to purchase the cues) He knows nothing about retrieveing it for anyone. So he does not lie to Dennis, he's thinking he is purchasing the cues.Thats all.

When I met-guy1-via phone (about another cue sale)-we start talking pool and cue stuff. I tell him about the cues I can't get Dennis to ship back to me. He says, he has a friend guy2 that could get them back for me.

Guy1-talked to-guy2........guy1. calls me back, says-guy2 can get them from Dennis and wants 1000 to 1500 $ for his effert.
Guy1-is lying to me about charging me said amount of cash because, he told guy2-the cues were up for purchase. He neglected to tell guy2- that my mission is to just get the cues back. Or possibls sell. So guy2- believes he is only purchasing the cues.

Now Gy1- is on his own now, because I won't sell. He has 2 different deals going on. But can only do one. So i figure he raised the fee to 2000 $ pressuring me to sell.

I am only speculating the actions of-guy1. I don't know the facts or intentions of -guy1. he may have been trying to scoop up a big cue for his good friend-guy2

Guy1 has heart complications and very severe memory problems. So hopefully he became totally confused about the whole thing.
I really don't think he had any intentions of rpping anyone off. He is harmless on AZB. He does no transactions on AZB if goes on at all.

Guy2-is a upstinding, fair and honest dude and a big asset to the AZB forum. He strives to keep it going as he feels it is fading due
To other social media bombarding the web.

Me, now, I am just so thrilled to get my Barry Szamboti back. I would rather have happyness and gratitude
Than money.
I also figured I would give a little back to fellow AZers.
I know alot of you wanted me to disclose the cue
Makers name of the HOSTAGE CUES, now we know.
Barry was really shaky after his heart surgery causing the flaw in a great cue.
When I called him, I think he was maybe not out of the woods yet from the surgery.
He was grumpy 😠

Andy70 good luck to you with your cue, you'll get it and will be shocked.

You all please forgive my writing skills, I know I can't write worth a shuit.

Last edited:

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Gambler67...and all AZERS...The truth is a little complicated. But here it goes.
First Mr Searing is honest and one of the nicest people you could meet. I've kinda learned to except him the way he is. IMHO

Dennis was told,----by guy2,----( he had purchased the cue from me)‐--giving Dennis my name and description of the cues (that i supplyed) Dennis ships the cues to his trusting friend. Dennis did not sell it or make a dime from this transaction.

Guy2 received the cues from Dennis. Guy2 Tells guy1 to offer me xxxx money for the cues. (Guy2 is just in the deal to purchase the cues) He knows nothing about retrieveing it for anyone. So he does not lie to Dennis, he's thinking he is purchasing the cues.Thats all.

When I met-guy1-via phone (about another cue sale)-we start talking pool and cue stuff. I tell him about the cues I can't get Dennis to ship back to me. He says, he has a friend guy2 that could get them back for me.

Guy1-talked to-guy2........guy1. calls me back, says-guy2 can get them from Dennis and wants 1000 to 1500 $ for his effert.
Guy1-is lying to me about charging me said amount of cash because, he told guy2-the cues were up for purchase. He neglected to tell guy2- that my mission is to just get the cues back. Or possibls sell. So guy2- believes he is only purchasing the cues.

Now Gy1- is on his own now, because I won't sell. He has 2 different deals going on. But can only do one. So i figure he raised the fee to 2000 $ pressuring me to sell.

I am only speculating the actions of-guy1. I don't know the facts or intentions of -guy1. he may have been trying to scoop up a big cue for his good friend-guy2

Guy1 has heart complications and very severe memory problems. So hopefully he became totally confused about the whole thing.
I really don't think he had any intentions of rpping anyone off. He is harmless on AZB. He does no transactions on AZB if goes on at all.

Guy2-is a upstinding, fair and honest dude and a big asset to the AZB forum. He strives to keep it going as he feels it is fading due

Me, now, I am just so thrilled to get my Barry Szamboti back. I would rather have happyness and gratitude
Than money.
When I called him, I think he was maybe not out of the woods yet from the surgery.
He was grumpy 😠

How you can possibly believe Searing is either honest or a nice guy is beyond me. Maybe at one time, but allowing backorders like this to happen, with no updates, and people accepting it, is absurd, and borderline criminal.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Than money.
He was grumpy 😠

Cool story bro. This is like a Cheech and Chong drug deal. Only you smoked all the weed, passed out on the sofa and it was all a dream.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Wi
Cool story bro. This is like a Cheech and Chong drug deal. Only you smoked all the weed, passed out on the sofa and it was all a dream.
This explains it, but I still don't understand. However, if one could smell across the internet, I think I am getting it.

Than money.
He was grumpy 😠

Who is selling what to whom now?

• Wow
Reactions: bbb

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Than money.
He was grumpy 😠

Man, you weren't kidding when you said it was complicated. I couldn't follow at all.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Than money.
He was grumpy 😠

Now that the drugs have had a chance to wear off, can you try again to explain?

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Start from the bottom and read it backwards. Thanks for confirming the reply is a head scratcher.
LOL, good job on naming the cue maker though. I understood that. Let me take a wild guess on what the defect was...some kind of black mold or overspray under the finish?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm bailing from this thread(MAYBE) ... I said what I said and done. I learned something way back... The longer money or something owed or outstanding the harder it is to "collect" or make good. The best of crasftsmen/merchants go sour. Some bow out gracefully ... some lose all interest and integrity. Intentional or not there are variables that play out. Best case is everything goes as planned.
The best way for a maker to avoid any conflict is to produce a line of finished ( one of a kind) cues and sell them ready to ship... and they will go fast. This has been discussed earlier. To new buyers or in general ...trust everyone as far you can throw them... There's no substitute for a good transaction on both sides. Business is business. All business.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have an issue getting their cue back from Dennis? I sent a cue to him that he received on 5/14/2020 asking for a refinish and another shaft. Was told at that time it would be about a month to take care of. I’ve reached out several times over the years being respectful knowing it takes time to do quality work. I’ve been hesitant to post anything online thinking other cue builders/dealers would “black ball” me. I have text massages to show conversation.
Shit, its pretty good being black-balled.

Some things I would change for sure, but like I said...its pretty good.

gambler67

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Than money.
He was grumpy 😠

imo ridiculous to have to go through other people in the first place, what kind of records is Searing keeping? sounds like no records of anything

shooter_Hans

Crazy how many people on here hating on Dennis and was never screwed by Dennis except for OP and magoo. So that's two people in a thread with 100 plus people. Those are pretty good numbers. LOL

Therefore, you fall into 2 categories:

-Can't afford his cues

-He felt insulted when he didn't want to make one for you. He probably didn't have the heart to tell you. So he tells you that you're on the waiting list. A list that doesn't exist but to tell people to piss off.

Remember this is someone you never met but admired from afar. LOL