OB Cues Presents TAR 24 Bustamante vs Van Boening Jan 13-14

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin thank you for getting these two giants of pool together for a great money match. I just cant see how people can complain about 35 bucks? A trip to Crapplebees or the movies would run you the same thing. And this is way way better. I guess no matter how good a match up theres always going to be "that guy" who has something to complain about.

mudball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Possibly the best matchup in pool right now. January is gonna be an action packed month.

Thanks Justin and crew!!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I can understand some in this economy not able to spend $35 on ppv, but for those that can it's a very fair price. If you watch a ppv fight it's $50-$75 I believe and can be over in seconds of the first round. Johnnyt

Indiana Skinny

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks TAR; nice work ptting something together fast.

This is going to be off the chain! Can't wait to see it. I'm cheering for Bustamante.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a friggin match??? Seriously, Justin....you must suffer from insomnia. Or you really do have a pool players heart as you never announce anything unless it is midnight or so...prime time for a pool player!! I missed the last match but I will not miss this one!!! I look forward to seeing you at DCC (if ya make it).

Another thing man..no pressure but my wife had to put some real thought into christmas for me this year since she couldn't buy anything from the TAR store....tell me new product is coming SOON???!!!:)

Gary

mbj

"Burl" Ives approves
Silver Member
Justin thank you for getting these two giants of pool together for a great money match. I just cant see how people can complain about 35 bucks? A trip to Crapplebees or the movies would run you the same thing. And this is way way better. I guess no matter how good a match up theres always going to be "that guy" who has something to complain about.

Amen to that .. great event for a VERY reasonable price in my opinion. My girls (4 and 3 years old) love watching pool with me .. so for me it's cheaper than a trip to the movies

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Have rules been determined? Such as:

- Call shot?
- who racks and what type rack?
- winner breaks?
- 10 ball early combo OK?

This is a VERY promising match. I'm stoked!! Nice work pulling it together Justin and thanks to these great sponsors!

Hey, does anyone know how much and how good Busty has been playing lately? I missed him at The US Open. I hope he's been playing well, else I can see odds easily favor SVB at 3:2 or more here. Or 4 racks. No one wants to see 25-14, 25-14. But Busty is a monster, you gotta believe he'll come prepared.

Matt

wutang

THE DEADLY GAMESMAN
Silver Member
'25 installment'?

Big Just,

Big ups to you. Keep doing your thing. Keep it coming.

Just a request:

Can we get a one pocket tar matchup.

Us enthusiasts would appreciate that. :)

PEACE

WUTANG

Indiana Skinny

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big Just,

Just a request:

PEACE

WUTANG

Seriously a One Pocket match would be the nutz! ***Frost vs. Efren? Shane vs Earl? (rematch from DCC) Those would top the charts! Mic the players up to for added action.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Have rules been determined? Such as:

- Call shot?
- who racks and what type rack?
- winner breaks?
- 10 ball early combo OK?

This is a VERY promising match. I'm stoked!! Nice work pulling it together Justin and thanks to these great sponsors!

Hey, does anyone know how much and how good Busty has been playing lately? I missed him at The US Open. I hope he's been playing well, else I can see odds easily favor SVB at 3:2 or more here. Or 4 racks. No one wants to see 25-14, 25-14. But Busty is a monster, you gotta believe he'll come prepared.

Matt

As always things are subject to last minute change and everything is negotiable but as of now this is what I got:

Winner breaks
Rack your own
Magic Rack or Regular rack to be determined
10 Ball on the break doesn't win
No break box or any restrictions
The call shot/safe rules are TBD.
I suspect early 10 Ball combo's will be count.

Honestly anymore I dont get real wrapped up about the details of the rules. Mainly because no matter how much time I spent trying to get it all straight something ALWAYS changes last minute. I just get the guys in the same place with money and a format. They will probably have a two minute conversation the day before and agree on the minor details....and change them at least four times before kick off.

<-----might still be suffering from Earl scars

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Big Just,

Just a request:

PEACE

WUTANG

I'm open to a one pocket match. If we could do one without a big up front financial commitment and it makes sense for all involved we would be happy to do one.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm open to a one pocket match. If we could do one without a big up front financial commitment and it makes sense for all involved we would be happy to do one.

JCIN,

tried sending a pm to ya but your box is full. When will the TAR store be stocked up again?? I'm jonesing man...need a taste of something new here man!!!! So what's up? Can ya feed my addiction or what?? Do you need me to paypal money for a week's supply of big macs so you can work on this??? Let me know cause I can make it happen!!!:thumbup:;)

Gary

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
JCIN,

tried sending a pm to ya but your box is full. When will the TAR store be stocked up again?? I'm jonesing man...need a taste of something new here man!!!! So what's up? Can ya feed my addiction or what?? Do you need me to paypal money for a week's supply of big macs so you can work on this??? Let me know cause I can make it happen!!!:thumbup:;)

Gary

I am going through all the stuff I have in stock now. Should have it sorted, inventoried and online by the weekend. I'm catching up on a few orders outstanding so if I owe anyone anything I appreciate your patience and I will be caught up by the end of the week.

I have long and short sleeve tshirts, a few embroidered TAR polo's, some hats, patches and a few mixed odds and ends of DVD's. All will be on sale soon as I get it counted and sized.

LucasBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right now I am selling seats for the complete match. I am going to give previous attendees a day or so to get in touch with me if they want seats then I am going to put whats left up for sale on our store. I probably won't break it up into individual days.

That said since its your birthday and all if you are in town and want to see the match contact me at justin@theactionreport.com and I'll take care of you. But you might have to sit on Griffin's lap or on top of the commentator booth.

Lmao I don't have any problem lappin up but I don't know if he'd be happy about a 250 pounder sittin on his lap blockin his view. Hell I'll lay on my back and hold one end of the table up if it means I get to watch it live. I'll email you, thanks man.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JCIN!...you guys NEVER fail deliver!

$35 is a bargain to watch 2 of the worlds premier money players....notice I didn't say pool players?

and to nittynitterson gary.......dude, really? $20 is good, but $35 too much for this once in a lifetime matchup? new levels of nitt have been achieved over $15.

I'm in...

G.

Its not right to attack the people who don't want to pay money to watch a match. Everyone has a different level of perceived value. I for instance wound never pay a dime for cable tv, when I get the major channels with rabbit ears. I would never pay a dime for satellite radio, when I get AM and FM for free. On the other hand, I buy a good amount of the TAR matches. I buy a bunch of pool gadgets with the hope of getting better. It just depends on what I perceive as worth paying for, and what I am happy with getting for free. The point is everyone is different, and not spending $35 on a pool match doesn't make you a nit.

evanlockhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are my two favorite players, can't believe it.

I know Francisco will get out of line more often, but his ability to pocket and get back into shape is incredible. I wonder if the tight table will slow that down at all-the guy is fearless with his shooting.

I don't need to say anything about SVB, that hasn't already been said.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
A couple of thoughts.

- This is going to be exciting to watch. It won't be a grind, there will be a lot of spectacular shots and very little slow play.

- As a champion, Shane has come full circle. When a player like Bustamante can't get backed for more than 5K in a 10 ball match, it just tells you how strong Shane's gambling game is perceived, even in the Phillipines, which is the land of champions and land of gamble.

- I've got to believe that the 50% + break and run Shane put on Alex (on a difficult table) on the final day killed a lot of action for Shane. It just can't be ignored by any opponent. He showed his top gear - in my opinion, a gear nobody else has ever hit. This is the stuff of legends, like a Tiger Woods or a Michael Jordan, maybe even a real live Paul Bunyan.

- $15 to $35 to watch the greatest 10 ball gambler ever take on one of the greatest 10 ball players alive is peanuts.

- I would change the format a little. Race to 25 day 1, race to 25 day 2, and a race to 11 game tie breaker on day 2 if necessary. Charge $35 for the two days or $20 per day for each of two days. Many reasons for this, not the least of which is how many people can commit to viewing a sporting event for 3 days without conflict? Also, the perception of value in the full package should be built-in.

- The loop idea is really a great benefit.

Chris

Last edited:

Schwinn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$35 is a great value, thanks TAR.

Cool match-up and I like the 3 day format vs the 100 game ones done before. I'm going to start buying these more regularly, the loop helps.