OB Cues Presents TAR 24 Bustamante vs Van Boening Jan 13-14

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its not right to attack the people who don't want to pay money to watch a match. Everyone has a different level of perceived value. I for instance wound never pay a dime for cable tv, when I get the major channels with rabbit ears. I would never pay a dime for satellite radio, when I get AM and FM for free. On the other hand, I buy a good amount of the TAR matches. I buy a bunch of pool gadgets with the hope of getting better. It just depends on what I perceive as worth paying for, and what I am happy with getting for free. The point is everyone is different, and not spending $35 on a pool match doesn't make you a nit.

maybe there is a reason why you used to be rich.....?

nitty is nitty......no matter how you slice it man!

this is all in good fun....i just re-read it and it could be taken wrong, or in a mean way....
G>

Last edited:

TheConArtist

Daddy's A Butcher
Silver Member
I am going through all the stuff I have in stock now. Should have it sorted, inventoried and online by the weekend. I'm catching up on a few orders outstanding so if I owe anyone anything I appreciate your patience and I will be caught up by the end of the week.

I have long and short sleeve tshirts, a few embroidered TAR polo's, some hats, patches and a few mixed odds and ends of DVD's. All will be on sale soon as I get it counted and sized.

Right on glad too hear....

billiards102

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its gambling Johnny and when you gamble there's always the chance of having to sit on a strange mans lap.

Damn, guffawed coffee all over my macbook when I read this. That's classic. Looking forward to the match, thanks TAR!

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you like action you just can't miss this match, but then I don't think I have ever missed a PPV TAR match. Thanks Justin and I think I will be watching two PPV's at the same time TAR and the SLM ( dirt super late models) from Tucson AZ, got to pull out the laptop and charge the battery.--Leonard

Last edited:

hookmehorns

Lizard King
Silver Member
No matter who takes home the cheese ~~ we are all the real winners in this! Thanks Justin, Royce, Mark, Mike, and all those behind respective scenes :thumbup:!

I second these sentiments as well. :thumbup:

Can't wait!

Regards,
Mo

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm definitely looking forward to this match up. Bustamante is one of my all-time favorite players. I'll be pulling for him, but I think Shane will give him all he can handle. Shane seems like a good guy, but I kind of hope somebody knocks him off of his throne just a little bit. Yes, the guy is a great player, but some of his fans act like there is no way he can be beat. There are other great players out there too.

14.1pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will they be using the same rails (pocket size) that I just watched in the Alex and Shane match?

Thanks again for the free stream by the way! Great video, commentary and a great match.

ratnip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks TAR and Sponsors for this epic match-up.

Like usual I'll be at my buddy's house watching on the big screen! Had the greatest time the past few years watching the matches.

We still are in the consensus of re-instating the Races to 100! Not sure if we are sold on the 2 out of 3 day'ers yet.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Will they be using the same rails (pocket size) that I just watched in the Alex and Shane match?

Thanks again for the free stream by the way! Great video, commentary and a great match.

We are replacing the table that is here now and was used for all the previous matches in the studio. It is going out and we are bringing in a Pro-AM with a brand new rail set factory cut at 4 1/8".

The new table will probably play a little easier because it will have newer cloth on it.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Thats fine D. But the juice starts running on the 13th and if you come with it late I send Rousey (I mean Mrs.Klatt) to collect. You don't want that. Ask Cleary.

I can tell you that no one wants Mrs. Klatt to be the thug hunting you down.

I was 3 feet away when she was tearing Cleary apart, and it was not nice. I have stayed away from American girls since that day. Marked for life. It was scary.

Its gambling Johnny and when you gamble there's always the chance of having to sit on a strange mans lap.

Oh man, you are killing me :D

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holy Shnikees! This is gonna be awesome!

For me, I think this is the best match-up TAR has ever done.

Thank you very much Justin, the TAR crew, and all the sponsors for bringing us this great match.

Ray Robles

Holy Shnikees! This is gonna be awesome!

For me, I think this is the best match-up TAR has ever done.

Thank you very much Justin, the TAR crew, and all the sponsors for bringing us this great match.

Ray Robles

I agree, the only problem is who do you cheer for? if both Shane and Busty plying on two different tournament they would both be my pick. My expectation though if it was 9 ball, Shane would bust Busty real bad i am afraid, no question about it; Shane is very experienced player knows every aspect about pool. But 10 ball not sure it will be interesting to watch, i do think Shane have higher edge mainly because he is younger with sharper focus and recent wins on his belt makes him fear no one!
Good luck to both...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, the only problem is who do you cheer for? if both Shane and Busty plying on two different tournament they would both be my pick. My expectation though if it was 9 ball, Shane would bust Busty real bad i am afraid, no question about it; Shane is very experienced player knows every aspect about pool. But 10 ball not sure it will be interesting to watch, i do think Shane have higher edge mainly because he is younger with sharper focus and recent wins on his belt makes him fear no one!
Good luck to both...
I would actually see it the other way around: SVB has more of an advantage playing 10b. HE is gonna out-break Busty, out shoot him and take the cash...uh-gain.

Gonna be easier than making toast.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm definitely looking forward to this match up. Bustamante is one of my all-time favorite players. I'll be pulling for him, but I think Shane will give him all he can handle. Shane seems like a good guy, but I kind of hope somebody knocks him off of his throne just a little bit. Yes, the guy is a great player, but some of his fans act like there is no way he can be beat. There are other great players out there too.

Toast, baby. I love Busty, but Shane is King of the hill these daze.

Getnbzy

Take 2 they're small
Silver Member
But you might have to sit on Griffin's lap or on top of the commentator booth.
But my question is Mark's or Sunny's? Is a coin flip a possibility? A 50/50 shot on the best seat in the house is still the nuts. :p

Seriously though super job on getting this put together. Will be a breath of fresh air after the Barnum/baileys ish of the last match PPV I got (Guess lol). Will be in touch if I can be there live. If not it gets sweated <is that a word? on the 55". Take care justin

EDIT:Ninja'd by JohnnyT. Time to write 100 times on the blackboard "I will read the whole thread through before i post" LOL

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have any inside info on if Efren will be here for the DCC, since Busty will be in the US for the Shane match? Maybe Efren will travel with him?

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Anyone have any inside info on if Efren will be here for the DCC, since Busty will be in the US for the Shane match? Maybe Efren will travel with him?

No Efren in Vegas with Busty from what I hear. Don't know about the Derby one way or the other.

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would actually see it the other way around: SVB has more of an advantage playing 10b. HE is gonna out-break Busty, out shoot him and take the cash...uh-gain.

Gonna be easier than making toast.

Ok you win, i take back what i said, Shane knows pool, Busty too, but Busty's stroke is nice and smooth, but i feel as if it is a bit wobbly, and under pressure he might miss some long shots that requires some accuracy. Ok i'l take Busty but you got give me at least 7 games for a dinner at Morton's steak house!! what do you say!

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Shane has extra ordinary focus, and stroke, does not shake, move his head or even get bothered by his surrounding and kick good. Busty need pool GOD for this match. I will be surprised if Busty got him.