View Single Post
Old
  (#37)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-20-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_worm View Post
Basically, Ko says he and Wu were not very close because back in their school days, Wu was already a hero but he hadn't made his name yet. They didn't get to see each other often as Wu skipped a lot of classes due to his involvement in tournaments. Ko says he envied Wu and Chang JL (same school, 2 years senior and was also doing great in competitions) and that became his motivation which paved the way for his success today.
Ko also says in the interview that other than Efren, he admires Shaw a lot, who is very nice and willing to share his skills with him.
I watched Shaw coaching the two Ko brothers on a side table at Turning Stone a few years backócoaching them on how to break with different racks and spots. Jayson was extremely generous with the knowledge he was dumping on them and the Brothers were all smiles as they practiced breaks and actually getting the intracies of it all.

Also at that time, I remember hearing that the youngest brother had the most raw talent out of any of them. I was waiting for Ping Han to make landfall in the USA eventually, and here it is.

Great times.