Merry Xmas from John Schmidt - 232 ball run

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
For your viewing pleasure, one of the many 200+ ball runs from John that I have on my computer. Straight Pool the way it was meant to be played, 232 ball run in 50 minutes, that's 12.9 seconds per ball including racking. Enjoy...

https://vimeo.com/82525208

-Bill

Thanks to Bill and John for sharing this holiday treat !!!!

It is beyond sickening to watch how damn smooth John really is !!

John surely is a natural talent at the game.

Seasons Greetings everyone !!

-Steve

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was waiting for Bill to chime in but maybe he did not notice. It is a metro. I think it was used in some tournament in that area before he got it.

I wonder what cloth he has on that table?

I've always been opposed to fast cloth on a straight pool table.

But then poolrooms don't exactly cater to the artisans.

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
I wonder what cloth he has on that table?

I've always been opposed to fast cloth on a straight pool table.

But then poolrooms don't exactly cater to the artisans.

Dennis is correct as usual, It's a Brunswick Metro with Simonis 860. Same table as Corey won the Bicycle Club Tournament on about 8 years ago.

-Bill

Toncam

Another Bum !
Silver Member
John is just too much, makes it look like its nothing at all. Outstanding. :smile:

bender_lu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for this great christmas present to you! john is outstanding, great pace and knowledge of the rack and how to take it away.

thanks a lot and merry christmas to all of you :thumbup:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
He plays so good it's sick. Merry Christmas, John & Bill-

The shot at 10:35 was disgusting! What can make me feel this way?!??! Screw MY GIRL... that trollup would never make me feel better than making that shot on video during a 232 ball run!

Last edited:

bender_lu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol i wanted to say to marop: i love your vids not only because of the nice straight pool, no no no, your music choice is GREAT! :thumbup:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Straight Pool played the right way

I am lucky enough to have already seen most of John's runs. When I don't watch them for awhile, I forget how smooth everything looks, how quickly he makes decisions and seems to almost sense what he needs to do. He even changes plans quickly, which means he must have all the different options of patterns swirling around in his head and if he comes up 1/2 inch different, all of a sudden his mind senses a new pattern and he quickly executes. I think I have seen most of the available video on all of the great players in the world (except maybe new and upcoming players)and nobody plays like John does.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
lol i wanted to say to marop: i love your vids not only because of the nice straight pool, no no no, your music choice is GREAT! :thumbup:

Yeah, with such nice music anyone could make 232 balls. Oh wait, they have to be consecutive. Never mind.

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am lucky enough to have already seen most of John's runs. When I don't watch them for awhile, I forget how smooth everything looks, how quickly he makes decisions and seems to almost sense what he needs to do. He even changes plans quickly, which means he must have all the different options of patterns swirling around in his head and if he comes up 1/2 inch different, all of a sudden his mind senses a new pattern and he quickly executes. I think I have seen most of the available video on all of the great players in the world (except maybe new and upcoming players)and nobody plays like John does.

John's exceptional pattern play is only possible for players at the absolute highest level.

His confidence, speed control, application of English, shot making, power, touch, etc., make it look so easy.

Making something that is so hard look so easy....that's a true sign of genius.

The only player that I've ever seen who played 14.1 like that was Mosconi.

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John's exceptional pattern play is only possible for players at the absolute highest level.

I slightly disagree with that, since it's all about decisions. You're faced with decisions when you break, and faced with more decisions once the balls spread, and more decisions when the balls get nudged around. If your decisions are sound and deliberate, and reasonable (as in you're leveraging your most consistent/reliable skills, rather than taking risky shots), you'll run more balls.

I've seen some really good, but immature/reckless players struggle to run 100 balls. And I've seen some B level players consistently run 50s. ;)