United Billiard Leagues - Mike Sigel and Peter Margo

Racky BallBoa

Registered
Any comments about the future launching of the United Billiard Leagues, in January 2019, spear-headed by founders Mike Sigel and Peter Margo. Maybe its too early for comments and we will just have to wait and see how things develop. Check out the website at "unitedbilliardleagues.com"

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How does this differ from what Sigel was attempting to do a few years ago?

Last edited:

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Any comments about the future launching of the United Billiard Leagues, in January 2019, spear-headed by founders Mike Sigel and Peter Margo. Maybe its too early for comments and we will just have to wait and see how things develop. Check out the website at "unitedbilliardleagues.com"

Posted by a 7-post member whose first post name dropped Mike Sigel's store in Winter Garden, Florida, and the other 5 are all referencing cue-making, which is Mike Sigel's current profession... All of which were made within a day or two of the first post, and were pretty much fluff. Almost like they were meant to drive up post count to be higher than 1 or 2 before posting about one's new business venture.

Hiya, Mike!!!!

You know..... You would probably get LOADS more traction with your new league if you actually just introduced yourself and interacted with the forum members here a little bit, being a legendary player, and all.

You really don't need to pretend to "casually" be bringing up the league for conversation. It leaves a very bad taste in the mouth of the forum members to be manipulated by a pro in this way.

We're not dumb, Mike.

Short Bus Russ

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Hmmmmmmm....

The website looks pretty low-fi at best. He came to a local pool hall here in Toledo at least 3 years ago trying to sell a league, I don't think it ever started here. The content of the op's posts do raise a HMMMMMM???

I think it would be better for the guy to rep his own stuff on a forum like this. :)

Trent from Toledo

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
The website looks pretty low-fi at best. He came to a local pool hall here in Toledo at least 3 years ago trying to sell a league, I don't think it ever started here. The content of the op's posts do raise a HMMMMMM???

I think it would be better for the guy to rep his own stuff on a forum like this. :)

Trent from Toledo

Mike is supposedly coming to Rochester in July to promote the new league. It will be interesting to say the least. Both he and Dan Hiedrich are former Rochesterians.

Wasn't Mike involved in a new amateur league a few years ago? Seem to remember when it failed he only "promoted" it and was not involved. Is this the case again?

Lyn

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Mike explained the business model to me some time ago.
While I didn't graduate from Wharton, the business model sounds pretty solid.
Mike's buddy, Mr Trudeau is still a guest of the government at club fed,and I believe won't be out until 2024.
I sort of feel this adds credibility to the venture.
From what I could put together, Mike (et-al) has used the best aspects of the business model of the PGA uses.

winner-mike-sigel-and-sponsor-kevin-trudeau-at-the-international-pool-picture-id53457383

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Margo has deep pockets, so maybe he is bankrolling Mike's latest venture. They are promising some pretty big money payouts and it's not clear where that money will come from. I'm fairly certain Mike expects the income to be large enough to accommodate those kind of prizes. And if not he can call on his friend Truedough to bail him out!

I actually like the concept behind the handicap system, but it all seems pretty ambitious for a brand new league. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
DJ STEVEZ...Care to enlighten us nongolfers as to what those aspects are? Scott Lee http://poolknowledge.com

Hi Scott. It was 2 years ago in Orlando when he broke it all down for me. I honestly don't remember the details.
I do remember at the time thinking it all made a great deal of sense and that none of it sounded like a pipe dream or like he was selling a "Mega-Memory" system (LOL).

Racky BallBoa

Registered
I'm not Mike

Posted by a 7-post member whose first post name dropped Mike Sigel's store in Winter Garden, Florida, and the other 5 are all referencing cue-making, which is Mike Sigel's current profession... All of which were made within a day or two of the first post, and were pretty much fluff. Almost like they were meant to drive up post count to be higher than 1 or 2 before posting about one's new business venture.

Hiya, Mike!!!!

You know..... You would probably get LOADS more traction with your new league if you actually just introduced yourself and interacted with the forum members here a little bit, being a legendary player, and all.

You really don't need to pretend to "casually" be bringing up the league for conversation. It leaves a very bad taste in the mouth of the forum members to be manipulated by a pro in this way.

We're not dumb, Mike.

Short Bus Russ

No, I'm not Mike Sigel. I'm just a retired old man in Florida who loves to shoot pool and discuss pool-related subjects. I don't know how I can prove it to you, but I'm open to suggestion.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There will have to be a “certain” level of gum chewing displayed..... for comparison purposes of course.

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys are too much, but seriously on the last shot you have to shoot with cue backwards! Unless you have a bumperless then your exempt.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Looking at the prize payout, it appears that there will be a $100,000 prize for the top team in a handicapped event for which no handicap has yet been established. Why is this not a problem?