BB players Paid !

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
This is great news , about the players getting payed...(bump it up so all the Bonus Ball supports and everyone else here will know!!!)

The WPBL and Bonus Ball is a chance to move Pro Pool to the level of a true sport, and not withstanding the vocal few that come even to this good news thread for BB and try to make it sound bad...us Bonus Ball supports are squarely behind the game and the vision that can move Pro Pool, and hopefully the entire Pool/Billiards industry, to the next level of win-win success for everyone involved....

I have a million dollar check sitting here with your name on it too. You are just as paid as they are this morning.

They are maybe getting short paid on Monday. No one's weekly compensation was exactly $1000. I have seen the "agreements" lining out what players and captains made.

I told one player "Its a shitty deal that you might get aired on this thing." and he replied "Oh we are getting aired. Thats a given. I'm not even worrying about that right now."

The story has changed so many times just in the last two weeks that its now become simply sad. If by chance they hand out these $1000 token checks and they are good there will be people who say "See BB is awesome." and then I will throw up a little in my mouth. Just like I did when a few people in this thread said it without understanding AT ALL what is going on.

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
I talked to few few of the BB players when I was out in Vegas last week about the money wed to them. Some of the players that played early in the season were paid and were now only owed $1-2k. There were others that were not so lucky like the ones that had played in many of the recent weeks that were owed more like $5k.

30REBORNFAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The story has changed so many times just in the last two weeks that its now become simply sad. If by chance they hand out these $1000 token checks and they are good there will be people who say "See BB is awesome." and then I will throw up a little in my mouth. Just like I did when a few people in this thread said it without understanding AT ALL what is going on.

I couldn't give a sh*t what's going on, I just want to see more Bonus Ball.

Banikane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe it's a little nitty, but the accountant in me says those checks aren't valid. They should be written: One thousand and 00/100. Banks can reject them for not being written properly. But what do you expect - a crappy company, with crappy hand writing skills, using crappy accounting practices, written for a crappy amount(if not paying in full.) Par for the course with a crappy name, crappy colors, and crappy treatment of employees and fans

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How are they going to generate enough revenue to cover their overhead? It cant be a success without enough people to buy their product. A vision means nothing without consumers. I'm sorry.
There are pool tables in every bar and leagues in every town. Its not like the world doesn't know about pool and BB is going to reveal it to the masses.

Many if not most pool players dont even care to understand that their own pool room has to take in a reasonable amount of money or it wont be there for them so you're gonna have a tough time selling this out of nowhere idea of yours. :)

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes as I understand it, the Pros are paid by the match, and *not* by the week...so if they play twice in a long weekend, they get paid twice...and if they don't play then no pay.....

Apparently a Captain gets $1000/match and a non-Captain get a little less...so since the matches work out to be a little over 3 hours long, they are getting paid about $300/hour for their services....

And, although I have no connection with the WPBL, so I don't really know, the players may have (or will get now) some stock equity also...there are plenty of start-ups where people worked for stock equity only in the beginning, until the company got established...did you see the Facebook story where they hired an artist to do their logos and initial art, and paid him only in stock...now his stock is apparently worth over $200 million.

Stock equity is also a good motivation to be a team player, and to help make the venture work in the long run, because if it does work, you can then hit it *big*, if you stick with it anyway....

'Insert John McEnroe quote here'

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would call this prolonging the inevitable. Any money the players get paid now should be considered a "bonus" from Bogus Ball. If they start to play again on Aug. 1 and are still owed money, then shame on them.

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
John McEnroe quotes:"we can't just depend on the fact that it is a great game".

'Insert John McEnroe quote here'

John McEnroe quotes:

"We should reach out to people to try to go after the fans the way other sports do. Because we can't just depend on the fact that it is a great game".

"Everybody loves success, but they hate successful people".

"I think it's the mark of a great player to be confident in tough situations".
John McEnroe

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/john_mcenroe.html#HdIDP2zlyde4xBeE.99

Last edited:

kittykat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe it's a little nitty, but the accountant in me says those checks aren't valid. They should be written: One thousand and 00/100. Banks can reject them for not being written properly. But what do you expect - a crappy company, with crappy hand writing skills, using crappy accounting practices, written for a crappy amount(if not paying in full.) Par for the course with a crappy name, crappy colors, and crappy treatment of employees and fans

Careful what you say! Dave McColl from Run out Media will call you Barry. :) i like the concept of the game. What they did to Steve, Lee and the players, disgusting! I guess the Runout Media boys better pack up and head back to Canada. Say hello to Larry for me. :wink:

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Careful what you say! Dave McColl from Run out Media will call you Barry. :) i like the concept of the game. What they did to Steve, Lee and the players, disgusting! I guess the Runout Media boys better pack up and head back to Canada. Say hello to Larry for me. :wink:

What did they do to Steve? Is this Stevie Moore you're talking about?

S. G.

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who show pictures of checks that might be distributed perhaps on Monday (might be distributed-wow). The check numbers are fairly low so it look like a new account to me. What does it mean, why does the Freezer have everybody's checks. Here is a big guess, wait for it --The Freezer is the new money behind BB. Perhaps Billy Incardona is in on it with Scott. Just maybe they are firing the cash they beat Dippy Dave out of at BB. I don't know this is a crazy guess on my part. Why else would the Freezer have other peoples check. The rumors are never ending. This is another scene from the ongoing drama concerning bonus ball for both the players and the company. The road appears to be fairly long and fraught with peril. What will happen I sure do not know, Fatboy is positive on BB at least upbeat, JCIN is more pessimistic, The Freezer loves the game maybe he wants to own it. some hope BB goes, others hate BB and all things BB. For now BB is in limbo while AZ watches filled with wonder. If the rest of the world had a clue the drama would surely draw an audience.Wow BB you should be selling commercials to the halftime show. Good luck BB players and company.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John McEnroe quotes:

"We should reach out to people to try to go after the fans the way other sports do. Because we can't just depend on the fact that it is a great game".

"Everybody loves success, but they hate successful people".

"I think it's the mark of a great player to be confident in tough situations".
John McEnroe

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/john_mcenroe.html#HdIDP2zlyde4xBeE.99

Yep and most great players still overestimate their talent long after their washed up John was no exception

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Who show pictures of checks that might be distributed perhaps on Monday (might be distributed-wow). The check numbers are fairly low so it look like a new account to me. What does it mean, why does the Freezer have everybody's checks. Here is a big guess, wait for it --The Freezer is the new money behind BB. Perhaps Billy Incardona is in on it with Scott. Just maybe they are firing the cash they beat Dippy Dave out of at BB. I don't know this is a crazy guess on my part. Why else would the Freezer have other peoples check. The rumors are never ending. This is another scene from the ongoing drama concerning bonus ball for both the players and the company. The road appears to be fairly long and fraught with peril. What will happen I sure do not know, Fatboy is positive on BB at least upbeat, JCIN is more pessimistic, The Freezer loves the game maybe he wants to own it. some hope BB goes, others hate BB and all things BB. For now BB is in limbo while AZ watches filled with wonder. If the rest of the world had a clue the drama would surely draw an audience.Wow BB you should be selling commercials to the halftime show. Good luck BB players and company.

Scott holding check so no one tries to cash them. Johnnyt

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which is what I find so interesting....

How many of those guys are going to be prepared when next April comes around. Because you KNOW that BB is gonna be filing 1099's for all of those checks. So Uncle is gonna expect his, and FICA too.

Then again, the way this has been run so far, who really knows whether it'll all be filed properly, as well.

By this logic, they shouldn't play in tournaments with big purses, lest they get a 1099.