Newbie here

Rverend H

START WITH A GOOD RACK
Silver Member
Hello AZ folks, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.
I have been a member a couple of months now and have been watching the forums, seeing what to do and most of importantly what NOT to do.
I live in Boerne TX but play in San Antonio. Big into hunting and fishing.
As a profession I work on watches and jewelry. Try to spend most of my free time with my kids. Love the game and now starting to buy a cue here and there. Played a bunch in my younger years and picked my cue up again to teach my kiddo. He is learning really fast and loving it. But I think I'm still having the most fun!
Glad to be a member :thumbup:
James

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Hello AZ folks, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.
I have been a member a couple of months now and have been watching the forums, seeing what to do and most of importantly what NOT to do.
James

Welcome James. Your first post made me smile ... the "what NOT to do" part! I guess you're good to go! ;)

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Welcome Rev. Yer not really a Rev are you. Cause we say a lot of Swear words here.

Myself, I am an ordained Minister in The Church of the Latter-Day Dude (Dudeism).

Glad you're into Fishing as well. Many of the members, myself included are also.

NPR, (Non Pool Related), is the Forum where you can start a Thread re just about anything, Fishing included.

Have fun, and remember to, Abide by the Dude.

There, ya'll be Greened Up now.

Last edited:

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Welcome aboard. If you've been lurking intently for a couple months I'm sure you've already realized how to kind of wade through and find the good nuggets here and there. A couple tips from me: 1. Some of the sub-forums are pretty cool even if they are somewhat forgotten about. Don't be afraid to check them out especially the ask the instructor sub-forum. There are some master instructors like Randy G and Scott Lee that aren't afraid to give advice on your game and answer questions along with other very knowledgeable folks. 2. There are some posters that I enjoy reading almost everything they post. SJM, Jay Helfert are the two that are jumping out to me right now though I'm sure there are others. When they say something I listen. Have fun.

Rverend H

START WITH A GOOD RACK
Silver Member
Thanks for welcoming me as a new member! No I'm not a reverend I figured with the avatar it would put your worries to rest.
By the way I hope the avatar is ok, if not please let me know.
I appreciate the info and will be checking out more of the sub forums and take advantage of your knowledge and areas I could use.
Thanks again:thumbup:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Thanks for welcoming me as a new member! No I'm not a reverend I figured with the avatar it would put your worries to rest.
I appreciate the info and will be checking out more of the sub forums and take advantage of your knowledge and areas I could use.

Since you are a newbie, the first thing you should do is buy a new custom cue.
That's what I would do, and I happen to have a few available.
I'm originally from San Antonio, we could be related><:smile:
Welcome to the forum

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey a fellow dude ! I know I liked you for a reason. I too am ordained . Rev - I live in San Antonio also; where do you play? BTW love the avatar ! The dude will always abide !

Welcome Rev. Yer not really a Rev are you. Cause we say a lot of Swear words here.

Myself, I am an ordained Minister in The Church of the Latter-Day Dude (Dudeism).

Glad you're into Fishing as well. Many of the members, myself included are also.

NPR, (Non Pool Related), is the Forum where you can start a Thread re just about anything, Fishing included.

Have fun, and remember to, Abide by the Dude.

There, ya'll be Greened Up now.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Welcome! The avatar is a-ok by me!!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Welcome aboard.

Don't take everyone terribly seriously for a while, sort it all out on your own, you will know who to pay attention to and who to disregard.

There is an amazing amount of information to be had here. Don't let the occasional flame war put you off, most folk here are welcoming and quite helpful.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
We definitely have common ground. I collect high-end Cues and Luxury Watches.
Oh, almost forgot ... I still enjoy the games of Pool, even though my skill has suffered
considerably in the past 55+ yrs. Welcome to the Forums.