ULTRASKINLAYERED Cue Tips

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Awaiting reviews. Short term and long term. To include shaping on lathe to playing hundreds of racks. Please come up with a definition of the feel of the hit, good or bad.

Thanks,
Tom

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
Ultra skin layered tips are a great product.
Tips install well, as any quality tip does.
Shaping and trimming are easy and the tips are attractive when installed
Tom is a fantastic person to deal with,
I have installed a fairly large amount of these tips with very good feedback.

Ultra skin layered tips are the standard tip on all of my cues and shaft builds with the exception of break cues.
Big thumbs up!!

Chrippa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Ultra layered tips works great! I have sold quite a few and have tried S,M & H and the all play great. Small differences in hit but noticeable, very consistent from tip to tip. No mushrooming what so ever, not even on the S after many hours of play.
I normally play with S-M but I have a ebony nosed custom that "feels" a bit muted to what I prefer and I put on a H tip and it was great, not that PIIIIING sound but It was just enough to give it that sharper feel and the tip really does play well.

Well, I guess you can say I´m rather pleased.....:wink:

Btw - my friends/customers are really pleased as well!

Greetings from Sweden

Chrippa

01rkclassic

Cell - 937-554-5637
Silver Member
I had BHQ put a medium soft on one of my cues,he left a lot of tip on the cue at first and it felt like playing with a wet marshmallow,mushroomed badly also,took it back and he trimmed about half of the tip off and now it plays great and is holding it's shape,2 tourney wins so far!:thumbup:

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had BHQ put a medium soft on one of my cues,he left a lot of tip on the cue at first and it felt like playing with a wet marshmallow,mushroomed badly also,took it back and he trimmed about half of the tip off and now it plays great and is holding it's shape,2 tourney wins so far!:thumbup:

I have some people using parting knives after gluing one side on and getting two tips for the price of one. I have others that take like 1/3 off same way and apply to 3C Billiard and Snooker Cues.

Don't let the Glue lettering fool you, you can glue either side,:wink:

mr.vmax

Tim's Cues And Supplies
Silver Member
Setup for repairs in a new place last night put one on a customers cue and everybody went nutz, Stated the english was great nice hit and easy draw, Sold 5 more after that. Glue well, trim great and easy to shape.
Now a keeped in the box, has anyone tried the HH?

Manoman2444

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Didn't know that there is a "medium soft". Thought they only came in S, M, H, and now HH.

Chrippa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Tom,

My friend who is very good at 3c (1.5avg) had a HH put on and is very pleased with it. Great sound and feel to it - tried it myself. Not that very loud pingy sound you sometimes get from a hard tip but more muted and "strong" sort of speak - how do you explain this....:). Well I tried. Great tips all around, trying the M on my 3c cue and it works great, a little mushrooming but from pounding this heavy balls it´s expected and I also did´t cut it down.
So now I have tried all hardness and have s,m and h on my shafts (hh - only friend so far) and they all play great and holding shape great also.

My friend plays a lot right now, preparing for a tourney so I will get you posted. He´s sort of famous for destroying tips so it will get a run for it:).
He´s very pleased so far.

Chrippa

bsmutz

Fearlessly Happy
Silver Member
Great tip

I had a soft tip put on my main playing cue. After it was shaped, I played with it for about a week and found that it had flattened out like all the tips I've ever used before, so I was a little disappointed. At first, it was so awesome because I could get lots of English on the cue ball, so much that it took me awhile to get used to it. However, after it flattened out, it was the same as my old tip. I took one of those plastic shapers and stuck a piece of good quality sand paper in it and reshaped the tip. I've now been playing with it for over a month and no flattening out! Awesome! Thanks for a fantastic product at a very good price!

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently had an ULTRASKIN soft tip put on.
I had an Emerald tip before and while it played fine I did miscue once in a while as I do tend to use extreme spin and a hard stroke.
So far with this new tip I have not miscued once. I have only played 3 sessions with it but so far so good.
You just can't beat the price on this tip considering the performance it gives.

OK- today I played for 4 hours and miscued once on an extreme powered up draw shot-probably more my fault then the tip.

Last edited: