PRO ONE for Dummies, using *GASP* a diagram.

ps611846

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does Busti know where the cueball is going ?

I've seen Busti jump as soon as he realized he hit the ball too fat or too thin b/c he knows he missed.
If he doesn't know what the two balls would look like upon impact, he should never jump right after collision because after all he shouldn't have that mental image on his head ( how thick or thin the hit is ) , IMHO.

Ok my friend. He aims contact points and ghost balls, if that is ok with you. Let me have my opinion. I also don't understand why if he uses cte he can't predict where the cb goes. Have you ever watched him play? I guess you have. Can you explain why he uses at least 3 different left foot positions? Because this is just "comfortable" ??? Why not use one stance and one left foot position for every shot ?

Thanks for reading

Panagiotis

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Ok my friend. He aims contact points and ghost balls, if that is ok with you. Let me have my opinion. I also don't understand why if he uses cte he can't predict where the cb goes. Have you ever watched him play? I guess you have. Can you explain why he uses at least 3 different left foot positions? Because this is just "comfortable" ??? Why not use one stance and one left foot position for every shot ?

Thanks for reading

Panagiotis
OK.
If he aims contact points and ghost balls, why would he still use CTE ?
Again, how does he predict where the cueball is going ?

I've watched him a lot of times . I saw him miss 2 balls in 3 matches at the Riviera Hotel on the final day of the world 8 ball against Coltrain, Wetch and Archer .
I have a video of his TAR match against SVB. He missed an easy 10-ball one time after he was practice stroking on the side of the ball then went to the center on the final stroke. A few games after that, he quit practice stroking on the side of the ball.
I've seen him stroke a ball a few times low and away then on the final stroke, elevate the cue and hit the ball dead center.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d0lFRJinu0o#t=315
There he just practice stroked on the center of the ball.

And if he's using his tip to aim, he sure is way too far from the cueball and almost always low to the felt .

ps611846

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK.
If he aims contact points and ghost balls, why would he still use CTE ?
Again, how does he predict where the cueball is going ?

I've watched him a lot of times . I saw him miss 2 balls in 3 matches at the Riviera Hotel on the final day of the world 8 ball against Coltrain, Wetch and Archer .
I have a video of his TAR match against SVB. He missed an easy 10-ball one time after he was practice stroking on the side of the ball then went to the center on the final stroke. A few games after that, he quit practice stroking on the side of the ball.
I've seen him stroke a ball a few times low and away then on the final stroke, elevate the cue and hit the ball dead center.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d0lFRJinu0o#t=315
There he just practice stroked on the center of the ball.

And if he's using his tip to aim, he sure is way too far from the cueball and almost always low to the felt .

Sir, do you know who this guy is ??? The only thing That you have not said is that you beat him in race to 9 and you leave him in his chair watching you runout. You are so funny !!! Yes, he starts missing in a match and then he starts his adjustments and he cues at the center of the cue ball !!!! You are not serious, are you ??? Omg, this is so ignorant...... I hope you just know nothing about the game........ And you are not trolling.........

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Am I really reading this ?
Someone going nuts over a few questions and answers?

What's with the !!!!!! ?
Take a chill pill and come back later.

ps611846

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am I really reading this ?
Someone going nuts over a few questions and answers?

What's with the !!!!!! ?
Take a chill pill and come back later.

Aha, ok, ok !!! You are just trolling. Shame on you for talking about this legend like that. You are ignorant. I will not read anything else from you. You are in my ignore list now.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Aha, ok, ok !!! You are just trolling. Shame on you for talking about this legend like that. You are ignorant. I will not read anything else from you. You are in my ignore list now.

You're the ignorant one who has very bad reading comprehension and don't know Bustamante's shooting habits as much as you claim.
I didn't talk about a legend " that way ".
You can't read worth sh !t.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been my theory for a while that there are three contributing factors that make CTE work.

1. The perceptions/or visuals.
2. The pivot.
3. The cue's angle of attack, which is caused by the pivot.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that when the cue is angled to the right (as shown in the diagram), it will cut the OB slightly more to the left. The same occurs if the cue is angled slightly to the left, it will cut the OB a little more to the right.

This might explain why an inside pivot is used when you need to thin the angle.

MPyLJTlNLPrudfA9L7uv.png

No comments on this?

I tested it today, and there is definitely a slight angle post-pivot. Although no where near as exaggerated in my diagram.

Combining the location of where the "v'" in my bridge is and being aware of the slight angle of the cue has become a good check for me when doing the visual sweeps.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
I pivot (sweep) to CB center, I don't come in at a attack angle unless doing something purposefully after the fact (which I probably do a bit of BHE on a lot of shots). If you pivot to dead CCB, the cue stick should be pointed straight through the core. Any sort of attack angle on the CB would lead to iffier, less consistent results IMHO (unless you *want* that touch of squirt/swerve on a given shot). Now the cue angle to the eyes is a different matter. I'm not always looking right down the shot line.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I pivot (sweep) to CB center, I don't come in at a attack angle unless doing something purposefully after the fact (which I probably do a bit of BHE on a lot of shots). If you pivot to dead CCB, the cue stick should be pointed straight through the core. Any sort of attack angle on the CB would lead to iffier, less consistent results IMHO (unless you *want* that touch of squirt/swerve on a given shot). Now the cue angle to the eyes is a different matter. I'm not always looking right down the shot line.

I sense a little confusion, perhaps on both are parts, so I'll try to clarify.

Let's say you have two lines. Line 1 is an imaginary line that runs through the center of the fixed CB. Line 2 is the shot line that is obtained after the pivot or visual sweep.

I am saying that the cue will be angled in relation to Line 1, not Line 2.

See screen caps below from this SUPPORT VIDEO. The white tape is representative of Line 1, and Stan's cue represents Line 2. As you can see, Line 2 (Stan's cue) is in fact angled in relation to Line 1.

Right Manual Pivot
FVNOBIqEYJcKwfNcQHML.png

Left Manual Pivot
Ua66L__N_-mV_ksn-cb1.png

Right Visual Sweep
HIJxMEBoq9AenTHTIRQD.png

Left Visual Sweep
SM7iajnVj27vlbnWW3iU.png

I hope that makes sense, and clears up the point I was trying to make.

Last edited:

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
Absolutely, the cue will be angled compared to the fixed CB line. The bridge sits just left or right of this line and the tip of the cue points to CCB. However, the cue is going through the core of the CB post-pivot (afaik?) Think of rotating the cue around the core of the CB ever so slightly. This is pretty much what happens on a sweep, in contrast to doing a manual pivot where the cue comes in at a half tip offset then pivots to CCB, finding the same thing.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely, the cue will be angled compared to the fixed CB line. The bridge sits just left or right of this line and the tip of the cue points to CCB. However, the cue is going through the core of the CB post-pivot (afaik?) Think of rotating the cue around the core of the CB ever so slightly. This is pretty much what happens on a sweep, in contrast to doing a manual pivot where the cue comes in at a half tip offset then pivots to CCB, finding the same thing.

Yep, now we're on the same page. My original point was being aware of the cue's angle in relation to the fixed CB line can be a useful way to check your visual sweeps.

It's also personally made me much more aware of how important the location of the bridge hand is when using Pro One.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE Pro1 manual pivoting questions

When manual pivoting, is your vision going down on the line that goes through the center of the fixed CB or is it going directly towards the half a tip left/right of the center of the fixed CB (depending on the pivot)?

In pre-pivot position, is your cue parallel to the line that goes through the center of the fixed CB (the tape on the table in the pictures of the previous post) or is angled to it (when your tip is still pointing one half a tip to the left/right of the center, before the pivot is done)?

If experienced users of manual pivoting in CTE Pro1 (or Stan) could answer these two questions I would be most grateful, tnx.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When manual pivoting, is your vision going down on the line that goes through the center of the fixed CB or is it going directly towards the half a tip left/right of the center of the fixed CB (depending on the pivot)?

In pre-pivot position, is your cue parallel to the line that goes through the center of the fixed CB (the tape on the table in the pictures of the previous post) or is angled to it (when your tip is still pointing one half a tip to the left/right of the center, before the pivot is done)?

If experienced users of manual pivoting in CTE Pro1 (or Stan) could answer these two questions I would be most grateful, tnx.

Watch the support video I took the screen caps from (link is in that post). All of Stan's support videos are great, but I really think that one is the best, and worth watching over and over again until it sinks in.

But to answer your question, when manual pivoting, you go straight down with your cue and vision a 1/2 tip left or right of center. In pre-pivot, your cue is parallel to the line that goes through the center of the fixed CB, and then is angled in relation to that line after you pivot. The pivot, or slight angling of the cue, is what brings you to the shot line.

The most important thing to realize is that whether you're doing a manual pivot, or a visual sweep, you don't want your bridge hand to be directly behind the center of the fixed CB. It should be to the left or right depending on the pivot/sweep required for the shot.

GoSteelers

Registered
I have watched both those videos several times. You ought to stop presuming what I have and haven't done or seen or thought.

If I buy the DVD, I will do so via Stan's site. I've been informed that there is little in it beyond what he's released via youtube, apart from some drills and kicking instruction.

Yeah, I'm handy at sidespin, here's me laring up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keznf66dSHE

BHE is a great adjunct to any aiming system that can take a player to line of centers.

As you feel it necessary to be facetious about my abilities, want to play me some 10 ball 2 rail? Gotta hit 2 rails in addition to pocketing a ball. We can make it 3 rail if you really want to test your skills.

You're assumming that Stan has put all of Pro One Cte on You Tube, You couldn't be further from the thuth.

You know about assumming something. I think you just proved it.

I've gone thru the Disc 1 of the two Disc set of the Final Chapter and find it quite extensive in explaining how to make CTE Pro One work. It is quite good. I am making cut shots and banks with a confidence that I never had before.

Part with the cash, and check it out.

PS: I watched your shooting on the 24 shots, you're already good enough, you probable don't it,

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Colin:

I'm happy to read that you're getting this DVD set. You won't regret it.

I hope you keep an open mind and study the content. If you do so, it WILL change your game.

Your BHE youtube video was fantastic too. Although I was using BHE for a millenia before that, I didn't really understand it well until your vid.

Cheers

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Last edited:

rubell

Nick Rubell
Silver Member
Please work chapters 6 8 and 9. Work them hard. Your experience with these chapters are Key.
Stan Shuffett
After spending more time with the chapters you mentioned I found I had an alignment problem. I have a cross-dominant eye (lefty with right dominant eye) and the way I used to stand I aimed and shot with an offset. It broke the whole "perception" picture for me. It took me several days to correct the alignment. Now in many cases I can see a pattern and I do not need to memorize it anymore. Thanks, Stan!

It is a really interesting discovery. I think I just nailed how to aim and bend to a shooting position with a cross-dominant eye correctly.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After spending more time with the chapters you mentioned I found I had an alignment problem. I have a cross-dominant eye (lefty with right dominant eye) and the way I used to stand I aimed and shot with an offset. It broke the whole "perception" picture for me. It took me several days to correct the alignment. Now in many cases I can see a pattern and I do not need to memorize it anymore. Thanks, Stan!

It is a really interesting discovery. I think I just nailed how to aim and bend to a shooting position with a cross-dominant eye correctly.

Good news, Nick!
One of the benefits of CTE is how the CTE process itself can lead to improvements due to developing new awarenesses of what really needs to happen visually and physically from ball address all the way to full stance.
Stan Shuffett