Please return the Tascarella

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure how many days (or weeks) it's been since the mix up, if there was one in the first place but, if Dean did in fact send out the wrong cue and hasn't at least heard from the recipient by now......well, I doubt he ever will.

Jeff

tenor.gif

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Tascarella is missing still.

I don't know whereit is

Don Sherman has received his money back

It is now suggested that there never was a missing cue,

some say that dean made the whole thing up

They think I am some demented old fool seeking attention,
or a clever salesman using the thread to sell Jackpot cues

I confess to be an old man,and making a bonehead play that
lost my Tascarella cue

further more you guys have seen me sell dozens of mystery cues,runs of special schon tributes to the masters, many many Bob Owen special editions,dozens of Deano cues without pictures , dozens of special Jerry Rauenzahn cues and never leave a single unhappy customer
Does anyone really think I made up a lie about a Tascarella cue just to make a sale?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

I don't know whereit is

lost my Tascarella cue

further more you guys have seen me sell dozens of mystery cues,runs of special schon tributes to the masters, many many Bob Owen special editions,dozens of Deano cues without pictures , dozens of special Jerry Rauenzahn cues and never leave a single unhappy customer
Does anyone really think I made up a lie about a Tascarella cue just to make a sale?

Nobody with any common sense believes you made this up. But, there is a conspiracy nut everywhere. Would have been nice if a pool player steeped up and did the right thing though !!

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't know whereit is

lost my Tascarella cue

There is a possibility that it was misplaced in your home, isn't there? I've found things at home that I thought were lost years previously.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I don't know whereit is

lost my Tascarella cue

NO,
"That cue will show up-
NO MISTAKING IT EITHER-
NEVER SAW DOUBLE RED/DOUBLE BLACK FROM PETE

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Nobody with any common sense believes you made this up. But, there is a conspiracy nut everywhere. Would have been nice if a pool player steeped up and did the right thing though !!

Good point RJ. Personally, I wouldn't be so paranoid if everyone wasn't always out to get me.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I do suspect the cue was mislaid

I don't think Dean did anything intentionally but at this point I do suspect the cue was mislaid. At least 19 of twenty people provided pictures of a jackpot cue. What are the odds of the last one having the high dollar cue and being willing to steal it?

Years ago I shot competition rifles. Lots of rifles laying around, lots of rifle cases, and the bolts were laying separate from the rifles as rules required at the competitions.

I had a bolt come up missing. This wasn't a small matter. The custom bolt was over eight hundred dollars and had to be custom fitted so I had to ship the action and stock off to have this done. How could I have lost a bolt? I searched high and low. I often placed the bolt between pads in a case to prevent the bolt or other parts of the rifle getting scuffed up if I let them rub together traveling so I thought it might be under a pad.

After tearing apart every case I owned I had no bolt! Needed that particular rifle to make weight for major events, looked like I was going to be buying a new bolt. Finally after six months or so I remembered I had let my son in law have an AR cheap. Naturally I threw in a case and scope. With all other options expended I rode over to my daughter's house and with a good deal of confidence pulled the padding out of that rifle case. There was my bolt!

Just recently somebody found a cue in a closet that had been there many years too. At this point I do trust the average AZB'er enough to say the odds are that the Tasc just like my rifle bolt has been mislaid. It doesn't particularly stand out so I suspect Dean is looking right past it with it hidden in plain sight.

Of course I don't know this to be true but I do know that AZB'ers have turned out to be an honest and honorable bunch. Remember when I tried to buy a balloon for Terry Ardeno when he had a major surgery? I thought it would be nice if the bouquet came from all of us and made a quick post planning to raise seventy-five or a hundred dollars. Before I was sure how it happened we had raised enough for a new laptop he needed and a lot of trimmings, around two thousand dollars best I remember. We could have wedged his room full of balloons!

By now Dean knows if he has a jackpot cue still at his home. If all of the jackpot cues are gone it is almost certain the Tascarella isn't.

Hu

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems to me Dean probably has a record of who he sent cues to during that time frame. My recommendation would be to contact those people and explain the situation and ask them to send a picture of their cue.

Shouldn't be difficult to figure out who got the Tascarella if it was accidentally shipped to the wrong person.

I've never lost a cue but I've come close in pool halls. I always take my cue to the mens room with me. Once I laid it down on the table next to mine - 3 young guys banging balls on another table - to break with a house cue and after the break one of those guys was holding my cue. He didn't hold it for long.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems to me Dean probably has a record of who he sent cues to during that time frame. My recommendation would be to contact those people and explain the situation and ask them to send a picture of their cue.

Shouldn't be difficult to figure out who got the Tascarella if it was accidentally shipped to the wrong person.

I've never lost a cue but I've come close in pool halls. I always take my cue to the mens room with me. Once I laid it down on the table next to mine - 3 young guys banging balls on another table - to break with a house cue and after the break one of those guys was holding my cue. He didn't hold it for long.

I agree, I mean who doesn't have a cell phone these days that takes pics and if they don't, doesn't know someone who does.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If someone "can't" send a pic, that person probably has the Tasc.

Dean struggles posting pics on here(the setup isn't the most user friendly), maybe Dean is not the most technology advanced guy as are many others, but even he can text pics to people. I honestly can't believe in this day and age someone can't send cell pics, and knows zero people that could.

Nah, whoever says that, has the Tasc. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't know whereit is

lost my Tascarella cue

I didn't take time to read 18 pages and I thought maybe you found it (fingers crossed). I have no reason at all to not take you at face value sir.

You've always been respectful and honorable as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry for your loss and whom ever the snake is that has it......well...

Jeff

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I agree, I mean who doesn't have a cell phone these days that takes pics and if they don't, doesn't know someone who does.

I don't...just an old "dumb" flip phone. I buy minutes from Trac Phone, $100 worth lasts me more than the year. Just use it to make calls when I'm out and about and need to call somebody. Never would have bought it except there are no more pay phones. I call it my $8.33 per month phone plan.

I do have a Nikon point & shoot digital camera, but don't use it these days. Battery probably dead.

All a moot point, since I never bought a cue from Dean. Quite happy with my Keith Josey.

Just wanted to point out that not everybody goes around constantly staring at a tiny hand held screen. I'm an old curmudgeon who has absolutely no desire to join that brigade.

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean,

If for some reason this cue does not turn up...I have a more than suitable Tasc replacement (new) that will make you feel better and at Deanoc price.

Good Luck
-A

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Dean,

Do you specifically recall putting the Tascarella in a case to be shipped that same day?

I have bought and sold many hundreds of cues over my collecting. There have been times where I thought I still had a cue, only to find it had been sold or traded at some point in the past. Managing a collection of several hundred cues can be a daunting task.

Chris

Last edited: