Thank you from the Freddy Bentivegna Family

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Dear AZBilliards.com family,

With heavy hearts we announce the passing of our beloved father, grandfather, best friend, spiritual guide, mentor, comedian, chef, author and globally adored pool champion, sports personality and legend, Freddy the Beard Bentivegna, on Wednesday June 18th, from complications due to pneumonia.

He was the Foremost Pool Scientist of America when it came to bank pool - period. He was also the Successor to Minnesota Fats when it came to storytelling. He made us laugh, right? He was "Real."

He had the greatest friends - young and old - amateur to expert to pool bug to egg to square - all the colors of the rainbow - every faith and ethnicity accounted for - that a guy could ever wish to have. He judged no one - except perhaps their pool game. His phone rang off the hook every single day - morning, noon and night - from FRIENDS wanting to say hi. He was rich with friendship.

His entire life was filled with excitement, love, laughter and adventure. He didn't waste a second. He went "all in." He regretted nothing. Pool, friendship and family (and perhaps food) - not fame - were of the utmost importance to him.

Thank you SO MUCH to all of the wonderful people on this forum who have provided such pleasure and good times chatting with my old man over the years. He loved to hear your passionate arguments and always tried to answer your challenging questions. Your extraordinary support and love when he was sick meant so much to my father. Your love and well wishes after his passing meant so much to us all.

Any questions/messages from friends young and old, feel free to reach me (Cat Adami, daughter) cat@poolhustlersdaughter.com or 312-428-8271.

My father adored his fans and clients, too. Please know we will be resuming all of the Beard's business operations beginning next week. Thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

Forever grateful and inspired by your beautiful posts,

The Bentivegna Family

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My deepest condolences to your entire family & all of his friends. I think it's awesome y'all are going to keep everything going for him, he was definitely one of a kind!

obe1

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Freddy

Condolences to you and your family for your loss.

Your father will live in the hearts ,spirits and souls of so many people all over the world.

Rest in peace Freddy

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cat,

From your letter I can tell Freddy was very proud of you.
I love how you are going to continue his legacy with his website and related stuff.

Freddy was a unique guy - I did not know him like many others did - but I enjoyed my brief discussions and run-ins.

May he rest in Peace - and your efforts will help guarantee that.

God Bless you !!!

Mark Griffin

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Freddy....!!!!!

Loved Talking to Freddy and Hearing his Wonderful Stories,,,,!!!!
I Know He's Up in Heaven Showing Them All How it's Really Done,,
Love , Hugs and Prayers to the Family..!!!!!

Alan Ende

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
I bet Fred was very proud of you all. Thanks for keeping things going for the Beard.

He was indeed. Last time we spoke all he did was go on an on about how his daughter was hob nobin it with new york elite. Yes, he was proud indeed.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You and your family were lucky to have Freddy for your lives. We here on AZ, One Pocket.org and other places were lucky to have him for the few years.

I really enjoyed the guy. I might be a little different from the others, my favorite thing was his unbridled enthusiasm for pool.

He touched more lives than he would have ever realized. I doubt you realize how many either.

Thank you for sharing him with us.

I wish all of you the best.

Ken

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your dad was an inspiration. His legacy will live on in all our games and he was a credit to this forum.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Dear AZBilliards.com family,

With heavy hearts we announce the passing of our beloved father, grandfather, best friend, spiritual guide, mentor, comedian, chef, author and globally adored pool champion, sports personality and legend, Freddy the Beard Bentivegna, on Wednesday June 18th, from complications due to pneumonia.

He was the Foremost Pool Scientist of America when it came to bank pool - period. He was also the Successor to Minnesota Fats when it came to storytelling. He made us laugh, right? He was "Real."

He had the greatest friends - young and old - amateur to expert to pool bug to egg to square - all the colors of the rainbow - every faith and ethnicity accounted for - that a guy could ever wish to have. He judged no one - except perhaps their pool game. His phone rang off the hook every single day - morning, noon and night - from FRIENDS wanting to say hi. He was rich with friendship.

His entire life was filled with excitement, love, laughter and adventure. He didn't waste a second. He went "all in." He regretted nothing. Pool, friendship and family (and perhaps food) - not fame - were of the utmost importance to him.

Thank you SO MUCH to all of the wonderful people on this forum who have provided such pleasure and good times chatting with my old man over the years. He loved to hear your passionate arguments and always tried to answer your challenging questions. Your extraordinary support and love when he was sick meant so much to my father. Your love and well wishes after his passing meant so much to us all.

Any questions/messages from friends young and old, feel free to reach me (Cat Adami, daughter) cat@poolhustlersdaughter.com or 312-428-8271.

My father adored his fans and clients, too. Please know we will be resuming all of the Beard's business operations beginning next week. Thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

Forever grateful and inspired by your beautiful posts,

The Bentivegna Family

well done.
and thank you for taking your time to post here to us.