what does your AZB username mean...?

nineballsafety8

6ft 5" 285, hits 'em hard
Silver Member
I was just thinking, some people use nicknames, some people use their real names...

for those of you who care to share:
how did you come up with your AZB name, what does it mean... let's here some back story

Mine came from an email address that I used for about a decade lol
it was nineballsafety84@yahoo.com (which no longer works lol), but when I registered nineballsafety84 was too long

TCo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TCo is latin for "The ball goes in the hole unless I do something stupid"

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had the nickname Spanky since I was 5. My kindergarden teacher started calling me Spanky because I looked like Spanky from the little rascals. The name has stuck and many people in the pool world do not even know my real name.

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"oldplayer".......background, I am as old as dirt..started playing 50 yrs ago.....need any more info?

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My two biggest passions are pool, and my 67 barracuda. A term some people use to tease them is "guppy" because of the fish name, kind of like calling a GTO a "goat", which I always found entertaining, it's a pretty mean guppy. Also I wouldn't at all consider myself a pool shark, more like a guppy in comparison to true sharks, so I added both my passions into the name in a way it can have a couple different intentions.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
My favorite pool game is straight pool. I am an Indiana University alum, and was going to school there when I joined this site.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
MR.= conventional title of respect placed in front of the surname of males.

BOND = from the Viking/Norse ' Bonde' or 'Bonder', a political position similar to a modern county clerk, record enforcer, or sheriff.

American descendants originated in Ert, UK, landed in Maryland late 1600s, spawned some 200 different Bond families including George Bond the Philly money printer, George Bond the father of astronomical photography, George Bond bouncer of Squatters for Maryland governor Sam Ogle circa 1740, and Shadrach Bond first governor of Illinois, and of course, me.

Hey, you asked. LoL

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My two biggest passions are pool, and my 67 barracuda. A term some people use to tease them is "guppy" because of the fish name, kind of like calling a GTO a "goat", which I always found entertaining, it's a pretty mean guppy. Also I wouldn't at all consider myself a pool shark, more like a guppy in comparison to true sharks, so I added both my passions into the name in a way it can have a couple different intentions.

Like a Toyota TRD truck is sometimes called a Turd? :grin:

I thought long and hard about my user name. I wanted something with "deep" meaning.

First initial, last name.

I always thought it was a Jim Morrison reference (backdoor man)

Mine is because I'm from Atlanta/OutKast reference, and I also like primitive weapons.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I was a lurker for a long time when I first found the site. I got tired of having to answer the questions every time I wanted to use the search function, so I decided to register.

I wasn't intending on posting, so I just made something up quick, obviously without much thought in it.

"Dubbing around" is not doing something very seriously, or very well...

I wish that I had put more thought into it now :p

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been using this username online since the late 90's when I first started getting online and using chat rooms. I was in high school and I used to be into snowboarding so "slide" just came to me for no good reason but I wasn't the only one so I needed a number, been slide13 online ever since. Thankfully I've yet to try and get onto a board or anywhere where the name was already taken.

Now it seems like a bit of a silly name but it's one I've been identifying with for so long I don't think I could ever switch.

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my name, couldn't think of anything clever when I joined plus I wanted to make sure I posted like I spoke to people in real life & using my name & pic accomplishes that. :smile:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought long and hard about my user name. I wanted something with "deep" meaning.

First initial, last name.

Same here, except mine includes the middle initial "f". Mine actually is a very old username (nostalgic) that I used to use on AT&T System V Release III (UNIX) systems, which had an alphanumeric eight-character limitation on usernames. So the company I worked for in the early 1990s used a "first initial + middle initial + first six (6) characters of last name" format (8 characters in total) to create usernames. My whole last name fit perfectly. With today's I.T. systems, usernames can (and are) longer, so "sfleinen" has been shelved and only used for celebratory / remembrance purposes (which is why I use it here on AZB).

I do get the occasional "Sean Fleinen" misspelling / misunderstanding here on AZB, but that's easily rectified when I tell folks the "F" is actually my middle initial.

-Sean <-- phew! That was long-winded...

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In the 80's I sold pool cues and did minor repairs and when I would walk into the pool rooms people would say here comes The Cue Man. So I put that name on my business cards and when I opened a pool room I named it Cue Man Billiards and from there it became Cue Man Billiard Products after I closed the pool room.