Disappointing gesture from Shane

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Someone who loses their shit over me wiping a trivial amount of chalk onto a floor that someone charges me $10/hr to walk around, probably isn’t someone I really want to keep company with. I’m paying for the table. I’m not a guest in your home.

Do any of you flick your ashes out the window when you smoke in your car?

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 pages later leads me to believe that this gap cannot be bridged...good thing it’s a little one I ‘spose :cool:
I will have to show Kristina next time she's at Springfield how disrespectful she is hope her reply isn't that's nothing you got the 7

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Knowing that people will/can not alter their belief that something that they believe and/or have been doing for years/decades is incorrect and/or improper (called "cognitive dissonance") I've resisted the temptation to post again in this thread, but I just can't resist any longer.

Anyone who believes that intentionally and deliberately cleaning anything of theirs, including a dirty cue tip, by digging it into somewhere elses carpet, regardless of who does it or where it is done, is perfectly fine, not disrespectful or just plainly in poor taste, is, at best, inconsiderate, lazy, and a very poor guest/customer.

The arguments trying to justify the behavior using irrational comparison is equally inconceivable. Saying things like "we walk on the carpet with our dirty feet" or "when I chalk my cue, powder always falls on the floor" is simply someone desperately trying to justify their own unacceptable actions...walking on a carpet is the intended use of floor carpeting, not a misuse, and chalking your cue unintentionally causes some powder to float down to the carpet, an unintentional consequence, but digging one's cue into the carpet is neither it's intended use nor an accident. Huge differences.

The end of the world, no...but very telling...and the "story" isn't very complimentary.

Sorry, I'm out.

Reactions: KRJ

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Knowing that people will/can not alter their belief that something that they believe and/or have been doing for years/decades is incorrect and/or improper (called "cognitive dissonance") I've resisted the temptation to post again in this thread, but I just can't resist any longer.

Anyone who believes that intentionally and deliberately cleaning anything of theirs, including a dirty cue tip, by digging it into somewhere elses carpet, regardless of who does it or where it is done, is perfectly fine, not disrespectful or just plainly in poor taste, is, at best, inconsiderate, lazy, and a very poor guest/customer.

The arguments trying to justify the behavior using irrational comparison is equally inconceivable. Saying things like "we walk on the carpet with our dirty feet" or "when I chalk my cue, powder always falls on the floor" is simply someone desperately trying to justify their own unacceptable actions...walking on a carpet is the intended use of floor carpeting, not a misuse, and chalking your cue unintentionally causes some powder to float down to the carpet, an unintentional consequence, but digging one's cue into the carpet is neither it's intended use nor an accident. Huge differences.

The end of the world, no...but very telling...and the "story" isn't very complimentary.

Sorry, I'm out.
Very well written, exactly correct, 100% agree....and yes, a complete futile waste of your time.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Given how long the site has existed and some doozies of threads in the past I didn't really think it was possible to have a new "dumbest thread in the history of AZ" but here we are. 146 posts and still going. Amazing.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I will have to show Kristina next time she's at Springfield how disrespectful she is hope her reply isn't that's nothing you got the 7

I’d play her in anything, happily ; )

When are we gonna play though? I’ve been mentioning it whenever I see you here for a while. I live right at 2 and 260...not far from where ever you be in the beach.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Given how long the site has existed and some doozies of threads in the past I didn't really think it was possible to have a new "dumbest thread in the history of AZ" but here we are. 146 posts and still going. Amazing.
My thought exactly. Ridiculous.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sorry, I'm out.
Great post sir

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unreal hissy fits........

Why don't they just take him out back, beat the shit out of him, break his pool sticks, call him ugly names, turn him over to democrats, pull his tour card, and have him banned for life?
Maybe that will be due penance for these sins of the flesh.
Unreal............:eek::eek:

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
I was watching Shane's match against Aranas on the TV table, and after it was over you could see Shane drag the tip of his cue on the rug to clean it of chalk before he put in the case. He then did the same for the second cue.

For some reason that bothered me. He always seemed like an elegant player, but I thought that lacked class. Surely he could have used a paper towel or his own towel?

Julian

https://youtu.be/EtCenT6VNd0

Ever go use the urinal in a pool hall? Ever step in drippings on the floor? Ever walk back out onto the carpet of the pool hall without cleaning off the bottom of your shoes? Hmmmmmmmm???

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Ever go use the urinal in a pool hall? Ever step in drippings on the floor? Ever walk back out onto the carpet of the pool hall without cleaning off the bottom of your shoes? Hmmmmmmmm???
Yeah, that's exactly the same as what we are talking about.

But given the nastiness of the carpet, who in their right mind would want to use it to "clean" their tip?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Why don't they just take him out back, beat the shit out of him, break his pool sticks, call him ugly names, turn him over to democrats, pull his tour card, and have him banned for life?

Maybe that will be due penance for these sins of the flesh.

Unreal............:eek::eek:

I think a life ban may be going too far.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Surely the nazis were right then ? After all erybody was doing it.

Julian

Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches.

Well congrats, this one made it to 6 posts......

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, that's exactly the same as what we are talking about.

But given the nastiness of the carpet, who in their right mind would want to use it to "clean" their tip?

Good point.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I always used to use the carpet to clean my tip.

I also use the top of the rails to burnish my tip.

Yes I do this at my house.

Can't believe this would bother people.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

I always used to use the carpet to clean my tip.

I also use the top of the rails to burnish my tip.

Yes I do this at my house.

Can't believe this would bother people.

It doesn't bother us one bit what you do to your own carpet, rails or cue. I mean it's odd given you could easily have a rag and a burnishing thingy handy but carry on.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive never heard or seen this done, but sounds pretty trashy imo

I never saw it until 97 or so-Then saw one guy do it-then 2, 3,4, etc

I think it is more an "I'm in the know" show off thing than anything else. Less annoying to me than the guys who would buy Snapples but instead of just mildly shaking them, they would pound the bottom of the bottle all the way back to their table. "Hey everyone look at me, I have a Snapple!" lol.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
"shut down the thread!"

Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches.

Well congrats, this one made it to 6 posts......

Putting the word hitler in a thread used to be code for shut down the thread in the old days. Any mention of hitler ended a thread.

I figure anybody that can find a topic that can run a hundred and fifty posts and going strong is to be congratulated although I agree it wasn't necessary to tie it to Shane, a lot of people clean their cue tips on the carpet.

When it comes to burnishing a fresh piece of currency works great. I usually use a hundred dollar bill for luck!

Hu

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay. I’ve switched sides on this. SVB has a carbon fiber shaft and wears a glove. He doesn’t need to worry about buildup making his shaft sticky (ewww) or discoloration. At this point it’s just for the sake of the inside of his case. I’m in support of a lifetime ban too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro