A few more to choose from...

Here is a dozen... :)

Billiards - From A to Z
Billiards - From A to Z & then some...
Pool - From A to Z
AZB - Online Monthly Billiard Magazine
AZB - Online Pool Magazine
AZBer's Billiard News (Monthly)
AZBer's Online Billiard Magazine (Monthly)
AZB - Online Pool News On Demand
AZB - Online Billiard Monthly Info
AZB - Internet Billiard News
AZB - Billiard News For Everyone
AZB - Pool's Online Monthly News

Can add the words (monthly) if you like... left it off most names in case you decide to send it out weekly or semi-monthly etc...

Good Luck... sounds like a great idea...

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZB Monthly
Billiards Illustrated
AZB Digest
Pool Journal
AZB Pool Journal
Pool News
AZB Pool News
AZB Pool Review
AZB Pool World
AZB Pool Today
The AZB-er
Pool Times
AZB Pool Times
Billiards Living
AZB Billiards Living
Pool Chronicles
AZB Chronicles
AZB Pool Chronicles

How many entries do we get? :grin:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
AZBilliards-The Magazine
A to Z Billiards-The Magazine
A to Z Billiards

I kind of like the first one. It sounds good, and it helps to create a brand. It also ties it in to the existing website and forums and might even help drive some additional traffic and new members because of the name recognition and consistent branding.

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. Side Pocket
2. The Money Room
3. The MAZE (monthly A-Z edition)
4. Break 'n Run
5. AZ Wired

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
AZ Gazzette

I considered AZ EZine....but I think it's too cute.

As AZ Gazzette, I'm leaving out any reference to billiards....
...the pool freaks already are hip to AZ....
...I'm picturing AZ Gazzette showing up on a Google search and a user who is not aware
of the billiard world becomes acquainted and becomes a fan.

I remember a large group of us at an all-night restaurant arguing about shots and drawing diagrams on napkins....
...about a dozen other people were listening in and one of them said "I had no idea there
was so much depth to those games....I haven't played since high school, but I'm going
to start again."

What made snooker popular in the UK was that it attracted fans who couldn't hit the end rail.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZ Gazzette

I considered AZ EZine....but I think it's too cute.

As AZ Gazzette, I'm leaving out any reference to billiards....
...the pool freaks already are hip to AZ....
...I'm picturing AZ Gazzette showing up on a Google search and a user who is not aware
of the billiard world becomes acquainted and becomes a fan.

I remember a large group of us at an all-night restaurant arguing about shots and drawing diagrams on napkins....
...about a dozen other people were listening in and one of them said "I had no idea there
was so much depth to those games....I haven't played since high school, but I'm going
to start again."

What made snooker popular in the UK was that it attracted fans who couldn't hit the end rail.

I like your selection. It's AZ Gazette (one "z"). Maybe AZB Gazette.

Another one that might be good is International Billiard News. It doesn't contain "AZB" in its title, though.

You could do AZB and Pool News or AZ Billiard and Pool News.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Hi Jerry,

Best of luck with the new magazine. Sounds like a great idea.

I was in the magazine publishing business for 30 years, until I sold my company 18 months ago. I've always been a proponent of Keep It Simple; don't try to be cute and make the potential customer "work" to understand the product.

My magazines were for short-term traders in stocks, options, currencies, etc. So they were titled:

Active Trader
Currency Trader
Futures & Options Trader

If you saw it on the newsstand at Barnes & Noble you immediately knew if it was a magazine for you, or not. Simple.

So, I'd opt for titles like:

Billiards Player
Pool Player

I'd leave the "AZ" out of it. No one beyond the site's current members know, or care, what AZ is. If you want to reach a wider audience than the existing one, keep AZ out of the "main title", i.e. you can put "brought to you by AZBilliards" as a subhead to the title. Don't make the potential reader work...just to understand what kind of content is inside.

In advance I'll donate the cueball to the BEF for a raffle. It would just end up in a cabinet in my house.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Jerry,

Best of luck with the new magazine. Sounds like a great idea.

I was in the magazine publishing business for 30 years, until I sold my company 18 months ago. I've always been a proponent of Keep It Simple; don't try to be cute and make the potential customer "work" to understand the product.

My magazines were for short-term traders in stocks, options, currencies, etc. So they were titled:

Active Trader
Currency Trader
Futures & Options Trader

If you saw it on the newsstand at Barnes & Noble you immediately knew if it was a magazine for you, or not. Simple.

So, I'd opt for titles like:

Billiards Player
Pool Player

I'd leave the "AZ" out of it. No one beyond the site's current members know, or care, what AZ is. If you want to reach a wider audience than the existing one, keep AZ out of the "main title", i.e. you can put "brought to you by AZBilliards" as a subhead to the title. Don't make the potential reader work...just to understand what kind of content is inside.

In advance I'll donate the cueball to the BEF for a raffle. It would just end up in a cabinet in my house.

Excellent point.