Just finished my long awaited project with Diamond.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well...here it is...Diamond's new 9ft straight rail billiards table. 61.5mm cue ball banks 5 times the length of the table, and 9 banks around the table as well.

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

Designed and built 4 billiards tables for now to start with, 3 are heading to Houston, TX in the morning...I'll be taking them and delivering them. Then 1 more heading to Virginia once I get back, on my way up to NY.

Travis3c

AV Pool Nut
Silver Member
Those are some tight pockets, Is it heated? Just curious. I would love to try some 4 ball on this table

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
Looks real nice.

Are the rails interlocking by design or is it the rail corner miter make it look 3 piece interlocking, like a furniture style lap joint.

Craig

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Looks real nice.

Are the rails interlocking by design or is it the rail corner miter make it look 3 piece interlocking, like a furniture style lap joint.

Craig

The actual corner of the rail is fixed, the rails only come apart in 4 pieces.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Those are some tight pockets, Is it heated? Just curious. I would love to try some 4 ball on this table

Heated slates are only used on the 10ft's, no need to heat the slate on a 9ft because it's not built for speed playing straight rail billiards...though you can bank the cue ball 9 rails...without a heated slate...and on Simonis 860HR cloth at that:D

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
I have a couple questions...

Do the billiard tables have the same slate as the pocket tables?

And the reason for that...will the billiard rails be interchangeable with the pocket rails?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have a couple questions...

Do the billiard tables have the same slate as the pocket tables?

And the reason for that...will the billiard rails be interchangeable with the pocket rails?

Yes, they're interchangeable...but a 9ft ProAm would have to be the primary sale table first, then a secondary set of rails would be sold as the billiards rails...thus...a convertable ProAm table. Only difference would be that you'd see just a little bit of the pocket shelves under the billiards rails, but that's all. If someone already had a 9ft ProAm or 9ft Smart Table, the billiards rails would bolt right on, no need to change anything.

Glen

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
table

Awesome work glen,
What is that white stuff on the bottom of the frame of the table? Is that something to protect the finsh when the table is fliped on and off the transport cart?
-
Rob.M

OTLB

Banned
It's great that Diamond has decided to invest in Billiards. Hopefully it will be a good seller for them. Where is the coin op chute? lol

The table looks awesome...congrats on the great job.
Now, all we have to do is get them rolling out of the factory.
Bring them to Atlanta...call me when you get to Houston.
Sure hope the 10' billiard tables are next!!!!!

Again great job Glen, the design of the table looks great.

Mark Gregory

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well...here it is...Diamond's new 9ft straight rail billiards table. 61.5mm cue ball banks 5 times the length of the table, and 9 banks around the table as well.

Designed and built 4 billiards tables for now to start with, 3 are heading to Houston, TX in the morning...I'll be taking them and delivering them. Then 1 more heading to Virginia once I get back, on my way up to NY.

Where in Houston will they be going... Public room? I would love to play on one! Thanks.

dblcross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful table, Glen. Well worth waiting for. Would you condider a trade for a 1912 Brunswick with rails redone by R. K. Cobra ? jk

Last edited:

tiger37373

3 Cushion Enthusiast
Silver Member
I'll second the comment regarding the cushion rubber. Are you using a P-37 profile from Kleber or Artemis?
What thickness on the slate?