First Post. Thank You and a question...

baboon

Registered
Hi Guys,

first of all I want to thank you for this awesome forum. Reading here kind of rekindled my interest in straight-pool, besides having to play it in a league regularly. I´m from Germany, so please be gentle considering typos and stuff :smile:.

My High-Run atm stands at 137. I´m regularly having runs in the 50-90 area but im hoping that i can push that into the three digits. Besides im pursuing the... very lofty... goal to run a 100 in competition. Last month i ran out with a 87, maybe that would have been it if i could have started the run one rack earlier.

My question: Whats the best way to upload videos of my runs?

Vimeo, YouTube...

I know i´m making hell of a lot mistakes concerning end of the rack-patterns and maybe the way i approach clusters. If i find a way and a camera, i´d be happy to let you guys pick my patterns apart.

So far for now,
cheers

berniep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Baboon,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure if English is your second language but your writing skills are very proficient......your 14.1 ball running ability is'nt too shabby either;).

Look forward to seeing some of your video runs.

Thanks.

Bernie Pettipiece.

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another german here...welcome...upload it at vimeo, you have 500 MB per week. Really looking forward to your videos...do i know you ?

sascha

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Hi Guys,

first of all I want to thank you for this awesome forum. Reading here kind of rekindled my interest in straight-pool, besides having to play it in a league regularly. I´m from Germany, so please be gentle considering typos and stuff :smile:.

My High-Run atm stands at 137. I´m regularly having runs in the 50-90 area but im hoping that i can push that into the three digits. Besides im pursuing the... very lofty... goal to run a 100 in competition. Last month i ran out with a 87, maybe that would have been it if i could have started the run one rack earlier.

My question: Whats the best way to upload videos of my runs?

Vimeo, YouTube...

I know i´m making hell of a lot mistakes concerning end of the rack-patterns and maybe the way i approach clusters. If i find a way and a camera, i´d be happy to let you guys pick my patterns apart.

So far for now,
cheers

Welcome and have a great day.

Skess

Another sidearmer...
Silver Member
You could also try veoh.com... Very easy to work with and you can upload some ridiculous files sizes.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Welcome Aboard.

i have tried them all, and i am liking VIMEO the best so far.

we have a couple of other 14.1 members on board as well from germany...hope you guys are not teaming up on us !!! LOL

Look forward to reading and seeing your posts
Steve

baboon

Registered
Thanks for the Welcome-post, much appreciated :smile:

@sascha:

i don´t know, maybe. I´m from the area around Cologne, played 1.Bundesliga in Düren for a few years. The Club i played in has it´s base in Thomas Engert´s pool-hall. Must have been around 2000-2006, if i remember correctly. Since then pool-life has been a lot more quiet, haven´t been going around and playing much.

I´ll check out Vimeo, thanks guys. Hopefully i´ll get a camera this weekend, we´ll see.

have fun :smile:

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@sascha:

i don´t know, maybe. I´m from the area around Cologne, played 1.Bundesliga in Düren for a few years. The Club i played in has it´s base in Thomas Engert´s pool-hall. Must have been around 2000-2006, if i remember correctly.

whats your name ?

sausage

Banned
welcome to the forums but do i have to be "gentle"?

i'm looking forward to your 100ball run vids because that marop feller has been kinda uppity after posting his 100? :D

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Thanks for the Welcome-post, much appreciated :smile:

@sascha:

i don´t know, maybe. I´m from the area around Cologne, played 1.Bundesliga in Düren for a few years. The Club i played in has it´s base in Thomas Engert´s pool-hall. Must have been around 2000-2006, if i remember correctly. Since then pool-life has been a lot more quiet, haven´t been going around and playing much.

I´ll check out Vimeo, thanks guys. Hopefully i´ll get a camera this weekend, we´ll see.

have fun :smile:

Welcome to the 14.1 sub forum. I hope we will be seeing more of you soon.
Do you get to see Engert play much? I saw him at the 14.1 World Championship a few years ago and love his game. Nice smooth rhythm. Seems unflappable.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
There are so many good players from Germany, and a few are on this board. You'll be at home here. Maybe you even know Sascha or Ratta. Looking forward to seeing your runs.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member

So far for now,
cheers

Running those kinds of number you aren't making very dammed many mistakes!! :groucho:

Welcome to azb. Looking forward to watching your game.

Regards, Jim

baboon

Registered
@dmgwalsh

Yes, i did see him play very often. He played on the team for two or three years. We didn´t realy get along on a personal level but his straight-pool game is very smooth as you said. He´s got the ability to get into a rythm very quickly and to keep that rythm for a long time. In a league-game, i think it was 2.Bundesliga and a race to 125, i remember he and his opponent both took a scratch in the first to innings, so the score was -2 : -2. He got a shot and ran 127 and out. Funny stuff :smile:.

Got another question though. Yesterday I tried to tape a little bit. Besides the fact that I didn´t produce anything above 65 I had some camera issues. At the moment I´m using the Webcam in my Notebook. On the tape the table is a very bright blur. Hard to see the cue ball and the stripes at all. What kind of camera do you guys use? I was thinking about buying a external Webcam but wanted to make sure they are up to the task.

cheers

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought a cheap camera on ebay, 640x480, works good enough.

Engert really is one of the best to ever play straight pool. 491 speaks for itself....