Brunswick Centennial, Charlotte, North Carolina

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
00F0F_8RDTP8fsBFt_600x450.jpg

Hi Trent great looking table, just what I am looking for out here on the west coast. I like the original look and not over restored. Thanks for sharing the picture.

From the client:

"Thank you and the crew for a job well done this weekend. The table is even better than I had hoped and you were a professional to deal with from start to finish. I’m so glad I went with you versus some of the other people that promote similar products and services on the AZ Billiards website. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get more business in the future."

Thanks.

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I guess it's all in the perception of value, anytime you buy something, in the back of your mind, you should always ask yourself if I buy this pool table at $xyz value today, what's it going to be worth later if I ever decide to sell it. Kind of like buying a new GC5 for $11,000 new, the REAL value of the table is what you can get out of it later if you decide to sell it, good luck selling an $11,000 GC5 a month later for $5k. Flippers buy these Centennials and Anniversaries for their true value today all the time for $1,000-$2,500 then do a little work to them then turn around and sell them at 4-7× what they were bought for, because there's a market of buyers out there that don't realize they to can buy the same tables at the same price as the flippers do, which is the true value of the tables today. But, most buyers don't want to take the time to search for the customers selling the tables at their real value and safe themselves a ton of money, so when they see one for sale, then they get their check book out and go after it. But, ask yourself if you're a buyer, what is that table going to be worth later if you ever decide to sell it, and you might just feel sick to your stomach at the reality value of the table. The ONLY stock, factory built table that I can safely say a buyer can't lose money on in a resale SITUATION is a Diamond ProAm, because demand outweighs the ability to produce which creates a shortage demand for that table, which means there's more buyers than product available for sale.

So my point is, unless you're buying something extremely rare, something that every flipper isn't offering for sale every day, you're on the losing end of investments like these. This is where Mark is different, and gets frustrated because him and I both know these tables, just like the GC1's were actually horribly designed by Brunswick back at the time, judging by how far this industry today has gotten away from tables being built like these were back then. Nut plates screwed into the bottoms of the rails, held in place with wood screws always come loose, rails always played bad from them coming loose, wood screws holding the ball box trays on always get stripped out, as well as the skirt wood screws holding them on. The end grain of the rails always get ball beat and split, in need of repair. The point that Mark is making is that this is the year 2018, hasn't anyone else figured out that all of these table in order to play against todays tables, need to be fixed and modified to todays standards? At least Mark's tables will stay in the collectable market range, where as these flipped table will resort back to that flippers price range and get bought and sold again later on.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I guess it's all in the perception of value, anytime you buy something, in the back of your mind, you should always ask yourself if I buy this pool table at $xyz value today, what's it going to be worth later if I ever decide to sell it. Kind of like buying a new GC5 for $11,000 new, the REAL value of the table is what you can get out of it later if you decide to sell it, good luck selling an $11,000 GC5 a month later for $5k. Flippers buy these Centennials and Anniversaries for their true value today all the time for $1,000-$2,500 then do a little work to them then turn around and sell them at 4-7× what they were bought for, because there's a market of buyers out there that don't realize they to can buy the same tables at the same price as the flippers do, which is the true value of the tables today. But, most buyers don't want to take the time to search for the customers selling the tables at their real value and safe themselves a ton of money, so when they see one for sale, then they get their check book out and go after it. But, ask yourself if you're a buyer, what is that table going to be worth later if you ever decide to sell it, and you might just feel sick to your stomach at the reality value of the table. The ONLY stock, factory built table that I can safely say a buyer can't lose money on in a resale SITUATION is a Diamond ProAm, because demand outweighs the ability to produce which creates a shortage demand for that table, which means there's more buyers than product available for sale.

So my point is, unless you're buying something extremely rare, something that every flipper isn't offering for sale every day, you're on the losing end of investments like these. This is where Mark is different, and gets frustrated because him and I both know these tables, just like the GC1's were actually horribly designed by Brunswick back at the time, judging by how far this industry today has gotten away from tables being built like these were back then. Nut plates screwed into the bottoms of the rails, held in place with wood screws always come loose, rails always played bad from them coming loose, wood screws holding the ball box trays on always get stripped out, as well as the skirt wood screws holding them on. The end grain of the rails always get ball beat and split, in need of repair. The point that Mark is making is that this is the year 2018, hasn't anyone else figured out that all of these table in order to play against todays tables, need to be fixed and modified to todays standards? At least Mark's tables will stay in the collectable market range, where as these flipped table will resort back to that flippers price range and get bought and sold again later on.

An ORIGINAL antique in restored condition will always be worth more than a reproduction/ replica.

Not gonna argue. Anyone who deals in antiques and has money understands what I said above.

My client's are no dummies and know what they are buying. No one is getting over on anyone.

Trent from Toledo

00o0o_1oPTW00Vxvl_1200x900.jpg

00F0F_8RDTP8fsBFt_600x450.jpg

From the client:

"Thank you and the crew for a job well done this weekend. The table is even better than I had hoped and you were a professional to deal with from start to finish. I’m so glad I went with you versus some of the other people that promote similar products and services on the AZ Billiards website. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get more business in the future."

Thanks.

Trent from Toledo

Exactly my point Trent....that guy knows 2 things:......one he saved thounds of dollars on the purchase......and 2 and more importantly......he can’t play pool.....he bought for looks.
That’s why he did contact me and said he didn’t want to go with guys that offer the polished turd. But in the end......all the talk....:they just can’t stand the sticker price of my tables. Sure they talk like it don’t matter and they say I don’t care I want the best...... it when it comes time to pull the trigger they just can’t justify spending 10-12 k more when they dont know how to play anyways.
Billy Incardona spent the cash cause he wants a great playing table as important as great looking table.
Trent I’m not saying your doing anything wrong.....your the next Ken Hash or Derek teers and people need that kind of table. I guy contacted me and said he didn’t want your table.....that’s why I opened with your welcome.....my prices sent him back to you. That’s all. Why I say you should be glad I won’t lower my prices......Allows you to get a lot more for your table......that’s not a bad thing for you is it?

I’m not knocking........if I was knocking I would ask where did you take the pics from up in a tree......it shows no wood grain at all.

Mark Gregory

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
snip snip snip.....and 2 and more importantly......he can’t play pool.....snip snip snip

snip snip snip...can’t justify spending 10-12 k more when they dont know how to play anyways...snip snip snip

snip snip snip...I’m not knocking........if I was knocking I would ask where did you take the pics from up in a tree......it shows no wood grain at all.

Mark Gregory

Said the man as he knocked the post. Isn't it ironic?

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's something that may be worth saying:

There are many decent players like myself -- that can appreciate a perfect table but we don't have to play on one everyday. Many of us grew up playing on beat up Gold Crowns with stacked shims and the like. While I wouldn't mind having a Pro Am in my basement, I'm perfectly happy playing on my less than perfect AMF Grand Prix that I setup myself.

I think too often in these table conversations the perfect table becomes the enemy of the good one.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
An ORIGINAL antique in restored condition will always be worth more than a reproduction/ replica.

Not gonna argue. Anyone who deals in antiques and has money understands what I said above.

My client's are no dummies and know what they are buying. No one is getting over on anyone.

Trent from Toledo

00o0o_1oPTW00Vxvl_1200x900.jpg

Sorry, but you're not selling an antique pool table, these tables fall into the collectable category. Furthermore, most experts agree that refinishing an antique causes it to lose value as an antique because it then must be listed as not original, has been restored.

"In purist terms, however, and according to the "official" definition issued by the United States Customs Service, antiques have traditionally been considered items with at least 100 years of age under their belts. That means the scale slides every year as more objects grow older and fit into that timeframe"

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member

Nice comments. I think I've got one of the best tables around. Thanks to Mark and Glen. If I ever want to sell it, people know of these guy's work.

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
Nice comments. I think I've got one of the best tables around. Thanks to Mark and Glen. If I ever want to sell it, people know of these guy's work.

Trent set up my GCIII. Totally professional. Not a perfect table but the price was right and it plays great! I've heard of Mark and Glen. I've seen pictures of Mark's perfect $25K tables. I'm happy with my $3500 table that included Trent flying out from Ohio to California, shipping it from San Diego, and installed with new rails and Simonis cloth. I think I'll go with my experience over someone else's opinion. Trent is honest. Trent is true to his word. Trent is not trying to rip people off. I would not hesitate to recommend Trent to anyone that is looking to get a pool table, anywhere in the USA.

There are obvious reasons why some would be negative towards Trent. Has to do with their business and losing some of it to Trent. Just my observations. Also, it's good to see that Trent doesn't "bite", when they start talking.

Good job Trent! I'll be calling when I move in two years. :thumbup:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Trent set up my GCIII. Totally professional. Not a perfect table but the price was right and it plays great! I've heard of Mark and Glen. I've seen pictures of Mark's perfect $25K tables. I'm happy with my $3500 table that included Trent flying out from Ohio to California, shipping it from San Diego, and installed with new rails and Simonis cloth. I think I'll go with my experience over someone else's opinion. Trent is honest. Trent is true to his word. Trent is not trying to rip people off. I would not hesitate to recommend Trent to anyone that is looking to get a pool table, anywhere in the USA.

There are obvious reasons why some would be negative towards Trent. Has to do with their business and losing some of it to Trent. Just my observations. Also, it's good to see that Trent doesn't "bite", when they start talking.

Good job Trent! I'll be calling when I move in two years. :thumbup:

Trent is a good guy and I've talked to him. We all know the main problem is getting a pool table up to perfect standards is with the setup technician. Too bad there are so many that can't handle the task. Glen (RKC) set up my table and it is perfect.... but if I ever move or need to recover it, he is almost unavailable with the businesses he has developed. Good for him, but bad for me. Luckily, I've got some time....

Last edited:

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
Trent is a good guy and I've talked to him. We all know the main problem is getting a pool table up to perfect standards is with the setup technician. Too bad there are so many that can't handle the task. Glen (RKC) set up my table and it is perfect.... but if I ever move or need to recover it, he is almost unavailable with the businesses he has developed. Good for him, but bad for me. I would never let the local guys in my town in my house much less handle my table. Luckily, I've got some time....

Your table does look very nice. Are there more pictures of it in a different thread?:D

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

11k for a GCV is a retail/list price. I can tell you that out the door is substantially less than that. I don’t think it would be fair to post what my price was on my table. However if I did sell it the going price seems to be between $4000-$4500 based on the posts I have ran across. I certainly wouldn’t expect it to gain value just because I bought it. The collector tables are only a handful of billiard products that have increased in value over the past decade or so. That process took decades to become a collector item demanding a high resale. There are many people that purchase collector items as investments and other that purchase them to play them.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Resale value of tables is bad. Period.
Even Diamonds in rural areas .
If you spend some $10K or up on an Anniversary or Centennial, good luck in sniffing close to that when you sell your table later.

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
Resale value of tables is bad. Period.
Even Diamonds in rural areas .
If you spend some $10K or up on an Anniversary or Centennial, good luck in sniffing close to that when you sell your table later.

But, why would you sell your table later? :confused:

Just kidding.

Last edited:

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trent is a good guy and I've talked to him. We all know the main problem is getting a pool table up to perfect standards is with the setup technician. Too bad there are so many that can't handle the task. Glen (RKC) set up my table and it is perfect.... but if I ever move or need to recover it, he is almost unavailable with the businesses he has developed. Good for him, but bad for me. I would never let the local guys in my town in my house much less handle my table. Luckily, I've got some time....

Unless you have the balls to go inside the one and only local place here in town and say what you wrote, it would be kind to edit your words.

Thanks to those who posted some nice tables.