Your Home Tables

smittie1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just curious. But what kind of table do you have at your house?

I myself don't have one. I play on my shop table or go to a pool hall.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
smittie1984 said:

I have a GC 2 set up but I also have a Sanyor Willhalm (sp?) and a Fisher bar table that's in storage. I used to have S.W. set up before I got the GC. The old antique tables are neat but they don't play as well as the new tables. I am looking for a table to put in the new house and I'm thinking about a Diamond or a Kim Steel.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Diamond 9' with SLOW cloth and a Diamond light. Centennial balls for now. Probably upgrading to Diamond Pro and IPT Aramith balls.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Tables

I too have a Saunier-Wilhelm table totally restored that should play as good as a Gold Crown when it is set up correctly. If I were to buy a new table it would be a Gold Crown or Diamond as I feel they are the best two tables on the market.

WingsFan

Mmmm.... gin.
Silver Member
I don't have one yet, but hope to eventually put a 9' table in my new house. I probably won't have the funds for a Diamond Pro or a GC. Dealing with all of the tables that it sounds like you do, do you have any good recommendations on somethings that plays well for cheaper than those? Looks aren't nearly as important to me as playability.

Of course, I might be getting ahead of myself. What the heck sort of price would I be looking at for a full setup of either a Diamond or GC? (I'd need the table, the light, and setup).

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin Lindstrom said:
I too have a Saunier-Wilhelm table totally restored that should play as good as a Gold Crown when it is set up correctly. If I were to buy a new table it would be a Gold Crown or Diamond as I feel they are the best two tables on the market.

Thanks for the correct spelling. Mine has the T-rails and they seem like they never played right and change from day to day. I had new rubber installed and it didn't help. Mine also has a wooden ball return. It is kind of neat the way it works and the ball box is pretty ornate. When I bought it, it was painted and I didn't know what would be under the paint, maybe a real gem with inlay, (I only paid $200, they just wanted the table out of there). But it turned out to be just a run of the mill table that was found in pool rooms back then. It is a 9 footer by the way. I plan on taking it out and setting it up sometime soon so I can sell it. I have no idea of it's value. It's in very good condition and would be a nice decorator item for a house looking for that antique look, but it don't play that great, at least mine doesn't. Heavy slates though around inch and a half.

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
smittie1984 said:

9 ft. Peter Vitali, Simonis cloth, 4 1/2" corner pockets. Unfortunately in what I refer to as my "pool bunker" which is a too small room in the basement with concrete on all sides. I'd put in finished walls, but that would take away from the already minimal room.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WingsFan said:
I don't have one yet, but hope to eventually put a 9' table in my new house. I probably won't have the funds for a Diamond Pro or a GC. Dealing with all of the tables that it sounds like you do, do you have any good recommendations on somethings that plays well for cheaper than those? Looks aren't nearly as important to me as playability.

Of course, I might be getting ahead of myself. What the heck sort of price would I be looking at for a full setup of either a Diamond or GC? (I'd need the table, the light, and setup).
Here are the prices for the Diamond Pro package...

http://diamondbilliardproducts.com/professional-pricing.htm

$6.2k for the entire setup isn't too bad. Of course, you have to keep in mind setup costs ($300 for table, $50 for light) and shipping costs ($1.40 per mile from Indiana). So maybe $8k when all is said and done.

Can't wait until I buy a Diamond of my own...of course, I need to buy a house first. :(

Run the Century

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My set up

9 Foot Brunswick Golf Crown III shimmed - simonis 860 - Centenial Balls - Ball Star Washer. Love it - only drawback is the pockets arent flush with the rails like Diamonds are.

smittie1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
catscradle said:
9 ft. Peter Vitali, Simonis cloth, 4 1/2" corner pockets. Unfortunately in what I refer to as my "pool bunker" which is a too small room in the basement with concrete on all sides. I'd put in finished walls, but that would take away from the already minimal room.

I love Peter Vitalie. Our shop got a used Peter Vitali 5x10 snooker table. It was beautiful. I wanted it bad. How much I miss staring at it every morning.

Another thing. The majority of the houses I put a table into. Are too small of rooms.

Only ERO's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Table

I just bought a 9' Diamond Pro. I am talking with some lighting sales representatives about some cool light fixtures seeing that Diamonds are way over priced. They are a good fixture but you can build that setup for about $100-150. I might end up going that route but not sure if it will work in my house. I bought Super Aramith TV balls with the pro cup cue ball and also bought a Super Aramith cue ball. After having new Simonis put on, I should have about $3600 in the complete setup. It was more than I wanted to pay but I will be happy for a long time.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's mine

It's a Boston Victory Pro 9' with 860. The pockets are about a 1/4" too big, but I'll fix that when I re cloth. I've had it about 5 months and I'm real happy with it. I got it off Ebay from the factory for $2300 delivered with the rails covered, Simonis, and a starter kit. The only thing I need is a good set of Aramiths.....The table went together almost exactly like a GC. Oh and my cloth is green!

Gerry

Attachments

• olio (Small).jpg
    olio (Small).jpg
    16 KB · Views: 662

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
smittie1984 said:

9 foot Gold Crown I w/Leather Pockets :D , Simonis 860, twin 8ft flourescent tubes for light.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Nine foot GCIV, Simonis 860, double shimmed, BallStar washer, Aramith SuperPro balls.

P.S. - For those that haven't visited "Betmore's Basement", we also have large plasma tv, bar, refrig., microwave, music, food (wife cooks). Surely SOMEBODY OUT THERE wants to play - drop me a line (well, except for breakup - there's that restraining order thing). AZB'ers so far to visit are Grady Mathews, SJM, FenderTwoTwenty, StraightPoolIU, zeeder. Always looking for a game.

Jeffrey Gale

My WoW stick.
Silver Member
7 more months of dreams

I have a little wait, like 7 months, but it's worth it. Olhausen 9ft. 6 leg setup, Innsbruck model, green felt, 760. w/Acuu-Fast K-66. My construction at the house will be done. Wait untill they get settled in thier new factory, then order it in Oct. and get it in time for Thanksgiving. :D

Last edited:

PlynSets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9' Murrey Pro. I wanted to get another GC (Used to have a GC1) but I got a pretty wicked deal on this table. Not becuase the tables great, but becuase it's setup the way I wanted. The pockets are 4 1/4 but not shimmed (setup the way Ernesto/Steve and a few others are doing it now). New simonis 860 on the rails, and table.
A real old set of Centenials came with the table, but I'm ordering the bad ass Aramiths and measel ball etc..

The table plays perfectly.. It's definately worth the extra money to have the right guy (In my case Steve L) set it up. Especially when it comes to the playabillity of the rails.

DJ

Last edited:

mthornto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I am the only poster with an eight foot table.

8 foot Diamond Hortensia. Yea, I know, not a Diamond Pro, but I got a good deal. Good deal = wife agreement.