Best Billilards LV--New Carom Only Room in Las Vegas

Bruce Warner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the pleasure a week ago Sunday to attend the Grand Opening in Las Vegas of Ermanno Scalas’ new billiard club Best Billiards LV. To my knowledge this is the only carom billiards only room in the United States. It has twelve 5 x 10 wonderful playing and beautiful Hermelin heated carom tables from Italy (and no pool or snooker tables). Two of the tables are in separate private rooms. There are electric score boards for each table. The club has great décor, great lighting, great house cues, great food, a beer and wine bar, no annoying sounds, etc. Best Billiards is set up as a club with entry available to members only, USBA members who reside outside Las Vegas and foreign players who are members of their home country federation. All players are charged for table time.

As I posted in a separate topic, the USBA has created a Carom Pins Games Division and Ermanno Scalas is its Director. Ermanno grew up with the pins games in Italy and is very interested in leading the effort to introduce these games here. They are a lot of fun to play and I encourage all of you to try them. You can contact Ermanno for more information about how to play these games, obtaining the pins, rules, etc. The tables at Best Billiards LV all have pins games set-ups available if the players want to play those games.

Best Billiards LV is located at 3740 East Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, Nevada. Phone: 702.990.0502 Ermanno’s e-mail address is best.billiardslv@yahoo.com

Here is a link to the club’s website (under construction) http://www.bestbilliardslv.net/

Last edited:

ipitythefool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also saw a game in Italy that is being played with pins, but, no cues. Players basically throw the balls with their hands and try n nail the pins.
Btw I am glad such a place opens up in the sin city, or in US for that matter. I would love to see a tourney being set up in future and bring in the top ranking players.

eze123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that for real? Holy sht! 12 tables, all billiards? Is there an entrance fee or what? Is it going to be a tournament venue?

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rumor has it that it may become a MAJOR tournament venue.

I have heard talk of a world handicapped tournament with over 400 competitors.

Stay tune!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the pleasure a week ago Sunday to attend the Grand Opening in Las Vegas of Ermanno Scalas’ new billiard club Best Billiards LV. To my knowledge this is the only carom billiards only room in the United States. ...Here is a link to the club’s website (under construction) http://www.bestbilliardslv.net/

You aren't living, Bruce!

There are a few rooms with no pockets in the VA suburbs.

They are major steps into other cultures, but they are there...and they are smoky!

ipitythefool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You aren't living, Bruce!

There are a few rooms with no pockets in the VA suburbs.

They are major steps into other cultures, but they are there...and they are smoky!

There are a lot of carom only joints around US, including in Orange Cty, Cali which is where I used to live. And they are MAJOR steps into other cultures. I myself am originally Turkish, now living in Turkey. I would say I am open to other cultures, myself being multi-cultural. When I lived there, as much as I was like a heroin addict waiting for every weekend to go to one of those smoky joints, I just could not stand them at the same time. When there is a heavy food scent in air mixed with some 3 flower hair gel, along with the cultural music...I just wanted to get out...No offense to anyone and my apologies if my words offended anyone.

I would like to see this new hall in LV to really pick up and become a major int'l meeting place and a tournament location, just like the 1990's Vegas. I know it would become a major attraction for top European 3C players. That is for sure. There is something mystical about going to the new world to play 3C, and especially to Vegas. It must be the Color of Money ;)

tiger37373

3 Cushion Enthusiast
Silver Member
12 FULL SIZE carom tables....I can hardly believe it....and in the USA no less. Amazing, just amazing. Can't wait to take a trip to vegas and check it out.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
its the nicest room i have ever been in, EVER. in 25 years. the food is off that chart all home made, there isnt no telling how much he spent on that room... Its on Falmingo 15 mins east of the strip

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Happy Sunday Everyone,

Visited Best Billiards for the first time last night. It's less than a mile from my home :)

I love this room, stunning. Ermanno graciously taught me 5 pin last night and we played a couple of races. I am so hooked.

On Oct. 16-17 they are hosting a 3-C tournament. please visit their website for more details www.bestbilliardslv.net

Calling all western US 3-Cushion and Billiard players come to the tournament next weekend, I think you'll be glad you did.

OneArmed

the agony of billiards...
Silver Member
Will there be a tourney in November and/or December? I have to go to Vegas on business and wouldn't mind playing in a 3C tourney while I'm there.

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
bump for Best Billiards LV...please tell any of your 3C friends about the room. We don't want a good one to slip away. :)

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geez and to think I thought i was lucky to be able to play at Chris's in Chicago. I cannot even imagine how nice it would be to play in a clean billard palace like that! Chris's has a great crowd of players but is in serious need of paint and cleaning!!! It does have that old world pool hall funk though...
Oh Well The VEGAS crowd is very very lucky and I hope that they go and support such a beautiful place as that!!!

pabbajo

Registered
Very cool to see that Carom Billard is getting more popular in USA
(i am from germany).

But why are all mopstly playing 3-cushion and not the technical disciplines like free game, cadre, one-cushion?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very cool to see that Carom Billard is getting more popular in USA
(i am from germany).

But why are all mostly playing 3-cushion and not the technical disciplines like free game, cadre, one-cushion?
It seems that some players have a prejudice against the small games as being "too easy." Other players try them and find out they are too hard. In the US there is no "club system" in which young/new players might receive training.

The free game ("straight rail" in English) is popular among some new immigrants. They often play on smaller tables.

pabbajo

Registered
It seems that some players have a prejudice against the small games as being "too easy." Other players try them and find out they are too hard. In the US there is no "club system" in which young/new players might receive training.

The free game ("straight rail" in English) is popular among some new immigrants. They often play on smaller tables.

Yes, you are right. for the "small games" you need to know ho to play it right. for some it looks to easy and boring. you need a system and a lot of practice to make high series for example with 100 points.

Many of the 3-cushion professional players can play small games very good. I remember my 2day training session with martin horn for straight rail. In the past he was a "killer" in this small games.

Dean_H

luv the small modalities
Silver Member
In my area of California there must be hundreds of three cushion players, but only maybe three or four serious small discipline players.

I like your countryman Fabian Blondeel he is a good Cadre player. I have a match of him playing a Dutch player, Michel van Silfhout, in a game of 71/2 cadre.

masse

Very nice room

I just finished visiting and playing in my first 3-cushion tournament at Best Billiards, Las Vegas this weekend.

Ermanno has replaced two of his Hermelin carom tables with pool tables, I'm sure by popular demand.

He still has 10 absolutely beautiful playing carom tables. They are extremely fast and play wonderfully. Two of them are in private rooms.

The tournament was USBA Handicapped with some A, some B, and some C players. A players went to 25, B players to 21 and C players to 17. All games were to 25 point throughout.

The prelims were round-robin with groups of 8. Then there was another 2 groups of 5 players, also round robin. Finally, there was single elimination.

Everybody got to play a lot of billiards.

There was extra time so nobody had a grueling schedule and visiting the local scene was not a problem.

If you are in Las Vegas, or if you just want to play a tournament on a weekend, you have to go to Best Billiards and give it a try.

Check out the USBA full tournament schedule at http://www.usba.net/event_calendar.asp -- there's a tournament almost once a month at Best Billiards, Las Vegas.

Raye Raskin
USBA Southwest Regional Director

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Welcome to AZbilliards Raye.

We've played before at Buffalo and Universe in Petaluma.

I still laugh at the look on your face when you took a shot and realized just how much slower and shorter the tables up here play than at Edgies.

Robert is still hitting them most weekdays is you are ever near Petaluma. I think he will try and get out to vegas to see the pros and check out this room.