Why don't more Women Play One Pocket?

Zhero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious why there are not many Women Who Play One Pocket?

Im sure they do but there is just no professional event/competition available to them. If someone host a world women one pocket championship I m sure more women will begin practicing the game.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lack of exposure. Also lack of interest, and appeal.

Kind of like asking why aren't there more men who like crochet?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
In my city there are 8-ball, 9-ball, 14.1 and scotch doubles league. I don't see any one pocket leagues or tournaments.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because one pocket is 100% a gambling game. While some women gamble its a smaller % than men. It takes lots and lots and lots of one pocket gambling sessions to get good at the game. The one exception, and that's cause she gambles a lot, is Jeanette Lee.

This is all my opinion.

Ian

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the same reason women don't participate in as many extreme sports as men do. They're just not quite as stupid as we are.

asianevil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1P vs Anything

Because they are smarter than men and realize it's a boring waste of time.

Why the hate?
If you don't like 1P, there's no need for the bad vibes....why make a comment like that?
If you don't like 9ball/10ball, there's no need for the negative comments....

then don't watch. the game of billiards/pool is facing a very low point in its history. there's no need to add negativity.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Interesting question.

The usual question is why don't women play as well as men, and I think the answer to that is simply that far fewer girls play pool. But even among pro women pool players there's relatively little one pocket action (that I know of).

Maybe it's that they don't gamble as much, as somebody else said. Maybe it's also that one pocket is a very demanding game and they don't play as well as the men.

pj
chgo

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because it requires deep thought, not irrational outbursts that require getting SLA......... Specialized appreciation. Jk of course. There must be a scientific reason no?

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Because one pocket is 100% a gambling game. While some women gamble its a smaller % than men. It takes lots and lots and lots of one pocket gambling sessions to get good at the game. The one exception, and that's cause she gambles a lot, is Jeanette Lee.

This is all my opinion.

Ian

+1, I believe this is the primary answer. It is truly a gambling game, how often do you see people playing one pocket for fun?

-don

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
As far as the original question .... Your post look far more like an ad for product than it does anything else.

I think the reason more women don't play one pocket is because you thought up the question to display your ad..... but, that's just me.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1, I believe this is the primary answer. It is truly a gambling game, how often do you see people playing one pocket for fun?

-don

Me. I played one pocket yesterday with a friend. Oh my gosh! We didn't even gamble! It's a great experience. You do things in one pocket that you don't do in any other game.